🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Who’s cutting onions in here?

Can’t possibly hate on The Boy after this one.

When he was talking to young dude about his mom’s importance

This one of the better drake runs in recent memory. Recently beenrunning
back If you’re reading this and 4p, his consistency over the years really is amazing.

The one problem I do have with this video is the inevitable “thrift shop” type narrative that will go around making Drake seem as the only “non materialistic” and “smart/generous” rapper in the game. Like, they’ll use this particular video as a juxtaposition to the flashy “money/hoz/“bling” hip part of hip hop to elevate Drakes thoughtfulness and consciousness.

I think it’s sincere from Drake. But of course..only he and a few could get away with it. And that comes with the territory and perception.

That dollar amount in the beginning of the video

Drakes tax write off

And he got video as proof that he gave the ish away, #staywoke :lol:

Yeah I’m definitely in the minority on this but this video is honestly kinda corny to me. Helping people in need can NEVER be corny in no way shape or form, I can’t hate on that at all. The overall presentation of this is tho, in my opinion. I don’t really like obvious appeals in this way. Felt kinda like a Lil Dicky or Macklemore video.

With that said I do like how A LOT of it looks visually. Visually it’s fire prolly his best music video in that regard. Florida Project was one of my favorite movies of last year so I **** with all the visual references heavy. All the black people in this were photographed very well too, with care for their skin. A lot of people miss on that end s/o Director X and co.

DWLIJpGUMAAITyZ.jpg

Yeah I’m definitely in the minority on this but this video is honestly kinda corny to me. Helping people in need can NEVER be corny in no way shape or form, I can’t hate on that at all. The overall presentation of this is tho, in my opinion. I don’t really like obvious appeals in this way. Felt kinda like a Lil Dicky or Macklemore video.

With that said I do like how A LOT of it looks visually. Visually it’s fire prolly his best music video in that regard. Florida Project was one of my favorite movies of last year so I **** with all the visual references heavy. All the black people in this were photographed very well too, with care for their skin. A lot of people miss on that end s/o Director X and co.

But he actually gave back. That man spent a million giving back to people in need. How is that not Sincere?

Its more real than Cole riding the bus acting like he's an everyday man in his False Prophets video.

Black people “shot well with care for their skin”’ WTF does this mean bruh. Like we ain’t photogenic? You sound silly

But he actually gave back. That man spent a million giving back to people in need. How is that not Sincere?

Its more real than Cole riding the bus acting like he's an everyday man in his False Prophets video.

I didn't say it was insincere, I don't even really like commenting on stuff like that. I personally just didn't like the presentation of it all. Like I said, reminded of something Lil Dicky would do concept wise. I understand it tho and people got helped in the process so its cool.

Black people “shot well with care for their skin”’ WTF does this mean bruh. Like we ain’t photogenic? You sound silly

Nah you sound silly bruh and incredibly simple minded, not even gonna waste my time explaining

My g, you've really shown yourself to have incredibly low reading comprehension :lol:

Like, I'm laughing but if you're not joking you should do something about that.

God's Plan video is cool, and of course the gestures in it are amazing.

My g, you've really shown yourself to have incredibly low reading comprehension :lol:

Like, I'm laughing but if you're not joking you should do something about that.

God's Plan video is cool, and of course the gestures in it are amazing.

I ain’t your “g”. I don’t know you. And, my comprehensive skills are far superior than yours

I feel where you're coming from. Noble deed, respect all of it, and i also feel that it's very self serving at the same time. I saw a quote on fb: If you want to feed the homeless then feed the homeless. If you want to record yourself feeding the homeless then you're feeding your ego. No issue with going around doing good deeds but it's low-key exploiting these people.

People will always find something wrong, even when a dude is doing good. :smh:

Go ask any of those folks and organizations he helped out if they have an issue with his giving and filming it. Their answer is all that matters. And I can 99.9% guarantee they’re all very grateful and are happy to have been a part of the video.

Some of you dudes overthink these things.

Back
Top Bottom