🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Take Care had a few weak songs. Marvins Room,

Will not allow any Marvin's Room slander. At all. That's one of the greatest records released in a long time. Srs. Great concept, great song writing, great execution. All around 5 star record.

That song is just way too whiny for me. Dude sounded like his ex took his balls and his testosterone in the break up. I like a lot of his R&B stuff but some times he takes that "sensitive guy" thing too far. I thought the beat was nice though.

That song is just way too whiny for me. Dude sounded like his ex took his balls and his testosterone in the break up. I like a lot of his R&B stuff but some times he takes that "sensitive guy" thing too far. I thought the beat was nice though.

Not even trying to attack you or any other usual NT overly aggressive posters who get mad when someone disagrees, but what contemporary song do you prefer for articulating a break up about a woman you still care about?

Kendrick was talking lyrically...Kendrick can/will kill Drake lyrically.

with your logic Drake is better than Biggie and Jay and Nas...none of them have as much versatility as him seeing as he does full on BALLADS.

so what are we talking about here?
Settle down.

Drake is and always will be a bigger artist in the mainstream.

As lyrical as K. Dot wants to get, he won't top Drake's popularity through the masses or on the Billboard charts.

I'm talking as pure musicians.

They're not even in the same lane.

And I like Kendrick just as much if not more than Drake.

Last edited:

No disrespect, but I think Marvin's Room is more "Real" than "Soft/Sensitive guy."

If he was on his oldies r&b tip, putting a woman on a pedastal, telling her how much he needs her, and that he can't live without her, yadayadayada then yeah, that's that soft sensitive guy stuff.

"**** that ***** that you love so bad" isn't soft at all. That's a real emotion. Seeing the girl you've had a relationship/a thing with going with someone else. That's not soft. That's not even sensitive. Can't imagine any girl, after hearing a guy tell them "**** that ***** that you love so bad" call him sensitive over that :lol:

Then again, I think most of the time when people call Drake soft they aren't really listening to the music and letting others dictate their opinion(s) on his r&b rather than formulating their own opinion about the music, but I digress....

Always funny to me to see people call drake soft/sensitive, and fail to acknowledge the fact that he's had more moments in his career where he's hard/real than "soft." What the hell is soft anyway :lol:

/rant.

MARVIN'S ROOM IS THE "HATING N*GGAZ" ANTHEM I DON'T LIKE THAT SONG & YEA IT IS VERY WHINEY.....BUT KENDRICK WILL SMASH DRAKE IN A BATTLE WE ALL SAW HOW DRAKE HANDLED THE COMMON & PUSHA T BEEF....DRAKE IS TOO FRIENDLY MAN ALL HE DOES IS SHOOT SUBLIMINALS THAT DUDE DOES NOT WANT TO COMPETE WITH ANYONE...

Take Care had a few weak songs. Marvins Room, Take Care, Make Me Proud, HYFR, Practice.

Take those off and put DMCB, Free Spirit, Club Paradise, Trust Issues on and that album woulda been great.

I never understood why he didn't just make it a double album and put DMCB, Free Spirit, Club Paradise, and Trust Issues on there . . . maybe sample clearances . . . but they coulda took the Bob Marley interview off Club Paradise on the album version and Trust Issues . . . well that song sampled something he made, so . . . and DMCB and Free Spirit I can see how that may have been hard to clear through Jai Paul (or was it JMSN?) and Sade . . . either way he shoulda did everything he could to put him on . . . ​

And I agree with every song you posted that were kinda weak except for HYFR and Practice . . . he should double disc-ed it with the soft songs on one side and the anthems on the other . . . Anthem Disc "Take" . . . Soft Disc "Care" 
laugh.gif

But nah forreal . . . album would have been so much better with those songs​

I was saying this the first time I heard the album. A lot of dudes don't wanna make double albums cuz it might be some filler but with Drake's versatility he could pull it off.

Not even trying to attack you or any other usual NT overly aggressive posters who get mad when someone disagrees, but what contemporary song do you prefer for articulating a break up about a woman you still care about?

If I wanna hear some break up songs I'll listen to some Ne-Yo, Al Green, Usher, Prince. If you like it, cool. You can disagree. It just ain't for me.

And I know i'm coming off as a huge Drake stan right now, (I'm not) but y'all not listening if y'all think Kendrick, or anybody in rap will straight murder/wash Drake.

I swear I feel like people allow Marvin's Room, Brand New, Sooner than Later,and the Shut it Down's of the world to interfere with their judgement of his rapping ability. He honestly out-raps almost everyone when he decides to flat out "Rap." See DMCB, 5am, 9am, pop that verse, stay scheming, Free spirit, Paris Morton Music, Lord Knows, Wildfire verse, and more.

MARVIN'S ROOM IS THE "HATING N*GGAZ" ANTHEM I DON'T LIKE THAT SONG & YEA IT IS VERY WHINEY.....BUT KENDRICK WILL SMASH DRAKE IN A BATTLE WE ALL SAW HOW DRAKE HANDLED THE COMMON & PUSHA T BEEF....DRAKE IS TOO FRIENDLY MAN ALL HE DOES IS SHOOT SUBLIMINALS THAT DUDE DOES NOT WANT TO COMPETE WITH ANYONE...
And Kendrick wasn't friendly with the control verse.

And I know i'm coming off as a huge Drake stan right now, (I'm not) but y'all not listening if y'all think Kendrick, or anybody in rap will straight murder/wash Drake.

I swear I feel like people allow Marvin's Room, Brand New, Sooner than Later,and the Shut it Down's of the world to interfere with their judgement of his rapping ability. He honestly out-raps almost everyone when he decides to flat out "Rap." See DMCB, 5am, 9am, pop that verse, stay scheming, Free spirit, Paris Morton Music, Lord Knows, Wildfire verse, and more.
I think jayz could
Sorry for the double post.

Settle down.

Drake is and always will be a bigger artist in the mainstream.

As lyrical as K. Dot wants to get, he won't top Drake's popularity through the masses or on the Billboard charts.

I'm talking as pure musicians.

They're not even in the same lane.

And I like Kendrick just as much if not more than Drake.

you sound stupid telling me to settle down.

Drake said any platform...lyrical ability is a platform.

Kendrick can murder him on that platform...

making your rebuttal irrelevant

No disrespect, but I think Marvin's Room is more "Real" than "Soft/Sensitive guy."

If he was on his oldies r&b tip, putting a woman on a pedastal, telling her how much he needs her, and that he can't live without her, yadayadayada then yeah, that's that soft sensitive guy stuff.

"**** that ***** that you love so bad" isn't soft at all. That's a real emotion. Seeing the girl you've had a relationship/a thing with going with someone else. That's not soft. That's not even sensitive. Can't imagine any girl, after hearing a guy tell them "**** that ***** that you love so bad" call him sensitive over that :lol:

Then again, I think most of the time when people call Drake soft they aren't really listening to the music and letting others dictate their opinion(s) on his r&b rather than formulating their own opinion about the music, but I digress....

Always funny to me to see people call drake soft/sensitive, and fail to acknowledge the fact that he's had more moments in his career where he's hard/real than "soft." What the hell is soft anyway :lol:

/rant.

Take a breath son.

:lol: That joint is 100% b**** made. Just cuz it's real doesn't mean it ain't soft. Anybody can see that Drake is a soft dude. Nothing wrong it, that's who he is. Like I said already I'm a big fan of Drake. I like a lot of his R&B stuff, I just think some times dude goes too far with that soft ****.

:lol: @ "letting others dictate their opinion". That ain't me at all. Some of ya'll hardcore fans need to calm down.

Brand New, Sooner than Later,and the Shut it Down

And I actually **** with those songs.

Last edited:
The only song that has issues on Take Care is The Ride and its all because of the Weeknd

DAMN IT GET REAL ON NT BEHIND DRAKE HUH?? [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] YA'LL CATS CRAZY

Thats the same thing I have been thinking for a while. Gave Cole the honor of nas but he keep fing up on his album. Then give us good **** on his mixtape. Maybe I feel him too much on his tracks and understand what he went thru. K/Cole will be concerned like that for this generation and wale will still put out good **** while living in the back. Except for drake wale is the most successful person out the era. Think his contact was more than drake to.
I'm really surprised neither of you mentioned ASAP, he's brought so much to the table, and no matter how lyrically great Kendrick or Cole are, they don't really compare. Just think about it.... how many rappers would be wearing gold grills if it were not for him? 

Lyrically I think Drake can handle himself but if he responded no one will give him just due. Plus beefing just ain't for him.

I'm really surprised neither of you mentioned ASAP, he's brought so much to the table, and no matter how lyrically great Kendrick or Cole are, they don't really compare. Just think about it.... how many rappers would be wearing gold grills if it were not for him? 
I f with asap rocky hard... Went to his concert last year and put the concert in my top 5 maybe 10. ASAP only bring so much to the table. Mixtape was grand but the album was alright. His style can only help him for so long and that's what I dislike. Also with his recent verses in songs have been just ok to me.

3 new track titles from the album have been revealed

Trophies (Prod. by Hit-Boy)
305 to My City (Prod. by Detail)
Wu-Tang Forever (Prod. by 40)

S/O Viet and them boys from KTT.

So far, confirmed we have

Hold On, We're going home
Started From The Bottom
Tuscan Leather
Paris Morton Music II
Tropies
305 to my city (Feat. Rick Ross) (Prod. by Boi-1da)
Wu Tang Forever
Connect (Produced by Hudson Mohawke)
Untitled (ft. Jhene Aiko)
Cake (ft. Jay Z)

Potential Album Cuts:
All Me (ft. Big Sean & 2 Chainz)
The Motion (ft. Sampha)
It's Yours (ft. ASAP Rocky)
We The Ones They Wanna Be
Just Know/Know Yourself
I Get It (ft. Majid Jordan)
The City
Here But I'm Gone
Come Thru
Wait On It

Last edited:
you sound stupid telling me to settle down.

Drake said any platform...lyrical ability is a platform.

Kendrick can murder him on that platform...

making your rebuttal irrelevant
You look foolish even addressing my initial post like some hurt Kendrick fan in a Drake thread when I didn't even slight Kendrick.

Drake is one of the lone rapper out that Kendrick can't "murder."

Is Kendrick a better lyricist than Drake? Yes.

Does he "murder" him? No.

Making the fact that you addressed me irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom