🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Not sure is Kendrick is getting too much credit or Drake isn't getting enough (probably this one) BUT K. Will not MURDER drake lyrically....... And just to point out Drake outshines K. On both songs they have together...... I'm sleep though

And I completely agree Kendrick is a better lyricist but he's not murdering drake or even close to it

Last edited:
Not sure is Kendrick is getting too much credit or Drake isn't getting enough (probably this one) BUT K. Will not MURDER drake lyrically....... And just to point out Drake outshines K. On both songs they have together...... I'm sleep though

And I completely agree Kendrick is a better lyricist but he's not murdering drake or even close to it

My friend said this a few days ago and it dawned on me after a few more listens that this really was the case.

But to comment on your initial idea, it's a combination of both in my opinion. Kendrick has always struck me at being very skilled at getting very little across. But let most hip-hop fans tell it, he's just the epitome of our genre. Drake on the other hand opens himself up for scrutiny in so many different things that people seem to have no trouble overlooking the quality of the music he makes in favor of laughing at another corny meme or calling him a simp, etc.

It is what it is though.

My friend said this a few days ago and it dawned on me after a few more listens that this really was the case.

But to comment on your initial idea, it's a combination of both in my opinion. Kendrick has always struck me at being very skilled at getting very little across. But let most hip-hop fans tell it, he's just the epitome of our genre. Drake on the other hand opens himself up for scrutiny in so many different things that people seem to have no trouble overlooking the quality of the music he makes in favor of laughing at another corny meme or calling him a simp, etc.

It is what it is though.

On a different note, as of tomorrow the album will be turned in and put through the final stages.

Kendrick murdered Drakes ALBUM

the personification of fame and his flow on Buried Alive > All Drake verses from Take Care

and I'm taking nothing away from Drake...just how I feel

Drake is more versatile, marketable, and popular.

Kendrick is just lyrically better.

Drake is my 2nd favorite current rapper so no hate towards him

It is what it is though.

very little?

alright. this is pointless then.

ADHD, HiiiPower, Ronald Reagan Era, Keisha's Song, all of GKMC minus Backseat Freestyle...he saying "little"

okay. :lol:

the personification of fame and his flow on Buried Alive > All Drake verses from Take Care

Are u sure because they came out in different years.

Man what :lol:

Kendrick verse about Drake putting him on game and motivating him was fire I agree.... Wasnt the best verse on the album to me though (I'd say either verse on the ride or lord knows verse) . But ok let's all agree to disagree and take the Kendrick talk out of here :lol:

Take a breath son.

laugh.gif
That joint is 100% b**** made. Just cuz it's real doesn't mean it ain't soft.
roll.gif

are you ******ed?

Kendrick's verse made fame into a person. it's called personification.

"i was greeted by an alien that said last year that she slept with a Canadian..."

i'm not making something up.

also, i simply think that verse was the best on the album while

still not taking anything away from Drake because he's great so what are you saying "what" for? :rolleyes

Last edited:
That Kendrick verse was fire, and a lot of people have crowned it the best verse on Take Care but I think Drake had some better ones. Could never hate on the choice though. Jimmies are starting to rustle in here.

That Kendrick verse was fire, and a lot of people have crowned it the best verse on Take Care but I think Drake had some better ones. Could never hate on the choice though. Jimmies are starting to rustle in here.

exactly!

i added "i feel" so dudes know

that i recognize it's just my opinion and

dudes panties still in a bunch.

and they can't say i'm hating because i called the man GREAT.

i think he's winning in every other category but dudes just won't be

satisfied unless i say Drake is rap's lord and savior who is untouchable

and whose skill should never be questioned.

get off the gas.

are you ******ed?

Kendrick's verse made fame into a person. it's called personification.

"i was greeted by an alien that said last year that she slept with a Canadian..."

i'm not making something up.

also, i simply think that verse was the best on the album while

still not taking anything away from Drake because he's great so what are you saying "what" for? :rolleyes

Alright.

Wait, wait, wait, Drake named a track "Wu-Tang Forever"

What a lame, when has he ever expressed anything to do with the Wu EVER?? :smh:

i think Drake could compete with Kendrick just off the fact he's on a bigger mainstream level, his fanbase is constantly growing bigger. let's not forget Stay Schemin, he did well when rappers attacked him. he just gotta be careful of the consenquences that come with it :lol:

:lol:

noooooo noooo noooooo

express yourself...do it good.

you feel like something i said was off?

speak on it.

did Kendrick not personify fame?

is your opinion that it wasn't the best verse more accurate than mine?

Alright, although it's a rather moot point for the simple fact that music especially rap music, is subjective.

I personally don't think Kendrick's verse was the best on the album. It was a great verse, and the picture that he painted of himself chasing "The Life" that inhibits Drake was awesome. I really dug it. It ties in with the alien figure of fame that he created with "Alien Girl." But I skip it every single time. It doesn't fit on the album at all. I have no idea why Drake attached that to Marvin's Room to be honest. It would have been great if it was just Kendrick's track on some other project. On Take Care? Not so much. Just because he "used personification" doesn't make his verse "that" extraordinary. It was just good to me.

What I'm getting at is that while Kendrick did showcase an excellent use of Personification, and overall churned out a great verse, it wasn't the best verse on the album. The Ride, Drake on Lord Knows, the first verse on Headlines, and some other Take Care cuts that weren't on the album (But recorded for take care, ala free spirit, dmcb) were better than that.

I also think Drake is an extremely underrated lyricist and prefer his raps instead of Kendrick's on almost all occasions, but that's besides the point. 5am in toronto, stay schemin, say what's real, barry bonds freestyle, pop that, etc. > and I'm a Kendrick fan (Have been since The Kendrick Lamar EP and O.D..word to "She needs me," opposites attract, growing apart, alien girl.

In general, I find that Kendrick is a great rapper and lyricist, but overraps a whole lot, and does a great job of churning out empty bars, aka saying a whole lot of nothing.

Last edited:
Alright, although it's a rather moot point for the simple fact that music especially rap music, is subjective.

I personally don't think Kendrick's verse was the best on the album. It was a great verse, and the picture that he painted of himself chasing "The Life" that inhibits Drake was awesome. I really dug it. But I skip it every single time. It doesn't fit on the album at all. I have no idea why Drake attached that to Marvin's Room to be honest. It would have been great if it was just Kendrick's track on some other project. On Take Care? Not so much. Just because he "used personification" doesn't make his verse "that" extraordinary. It was just good to me.

What I'm getting at is that while Kendrick did showcase an excellent use of Personification, and overall churned out a great verse, it wasn't the best verse on the album. The Ride, Drake on Lord Knows, the first verse on Headlines, and some other Take Care cuts that weren't on the album (But recorded for take care, ala free spirit, dmcb) were better than that.

I also think Drake is an extremely underrated lyricist and prefer his raps instead of Kendrick's on almost all occasions, but that's besides the point.

man what? :lol:

i think Drake could compete with Kendrick just off the fact he's on a bigger mainstream level, his fanbase is constantly growing bigger. let's not forget Stay Schemin, he did well when rappers attacked him. he just gotta be careful of the consenquences that come with it :lol:

this.

I was saying this the first time I heard the album. A lot of dudes don't wanna make double albums cuz it might be some filler but with Drake's versatility he could pull it off.
If I wanna hear some break up songs I'll listen to some Ne-Yo, Al Green, Usher, Prince. If you like it, cool. You can disagree. It just ain't for me.
Fair enough, was just asking out if curiosity

Back
Top Bottom