🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Was at Beyonce's release party here in NYC the other night. Drake DJed for about an hour+ vibing out. Every once in a while, Future (the Prince) would step up to assist. Quick VINE I took:

Not gonna lie, I wasn't feeling Drake's verse at all when I first heard it, but I've had that "I gotta pull up on ya, you gon' make me have to pull up on ya" part stuck in my head for a day or two now
laugh.gif
.  Verse started growing on me after a couple more listens and now I'm just looping it
pimp.gif

Dope read. But to be honest I get confused every time he mentions not being able to help all of his family members in Memphis. You mean to tell me that they have debts/problems that 2 million couldn't collectively clear up? :lol:

are you a kid? no offense. but he can give them fish...when they run out he just

gone keep givin em fish? you think Drake has the power to employ all of his

family in Memphis? so what exactly can 2 million do for inner city family?

how are they gonna use that money to make money? in 5 years where will they

be? what you and Rusty are saying is silly. You'd have to be Oprah to be able to

literally pull people out of their situation because money means nothing when you're

not in a position to make more.

Last edited:

I'm 19, so I'm not sure if you'd consider that a "kid" since you're probably 2-3 years older than me. :lol:

I was speaking strictly in terms of clearing up past debts, which I'm fairly sure 2 million can completely erase for many families; without stopping to factor in that some people may be outright unemployed or in positions where they can't even keep up with their expenses on a monthly basis.

Last edited:
I'm 19, so I'm not sure if you'd consider that a "kid" since you're probably 2-3 years older than me. :lol:

I was speaking strictly in terms of clearing up past debts, which I'm fairly sure 2 million can completely erase for many families; without stopping to factor in that some people may be outright unemployed or in positions where they can't even keep up with their expenses on a monthly basis.

i meant like 14 or 15 so no you're not a kid. :lol: clearing debt is the least of most struggling

people's worries. that's why i asked if you were a kid. once you get out here and see how credit

works and how bills and expenses work you see that Drake giving them enough money to clear

some debt would be a HUGE waste of money. They'd likely be back in debt and asking for more within

2 years. And that's just based on the average spending habits of people and, more importantly, lower

class people.

Not looking forward to Trophies, but I'll check out The Boy.  I wish we'd get that YG song, dude is holding on to it too long
mean.gif

You guise, that The Boy record has no chance of being one of the leaked records. It's Casey's single for his album. Not coming before 2014 at the earliest.

Same for that YG jaunt.

The five records IMO that will drop will be trophies, HOTM, Joint with Aaliyah, Wu Tang Forever Rmx, and some other joint.

This explains why you don't understand the Nelly and Drake comparison. You were around six years old when Country Grammar came out and around eight when Nellyville came out. You have no idea the hype, love or comparisons Nelly was getting at that time.

I'm guessing the average age of this thread is 17-19. It would explain a lot :lol:

This explains why you don't understand the Nelly and Drake comparison. You were around six years old when Country Grammar came out and around eight when Nellyville came out. You have no idea the hype, love or comparisons Nelly was getting at that time.

I'm guessing the average age of this thread is 17-19. It would explain a lot :lol:

I love how as we get older we forget just how cognizant of things we were when we were kids :lol:. I had every Nelly album up through Suit (didn't realize until years later that Sweat probably had the better tracklist :lol:) and Nelly was my favorite rapper behind 50 for a long time. I definitely paid attention to the hype, noticed the sales and all the big singles, etc. I probably didn't notice the comparisons he was receiving though.

However, wasn't your original argument that Nelly and Drake are on par lyrically? What would my age when Country Grammar dropped or anything else you mention have to do with that? :lol: They simply aren't, in my opinion. I could listen to both discographies today, yesterday, 20 years from now; Nelly is a solid rapper but is not on Drake's level. Also, I'd assume most posters in this thread are in their early to mid 20's.

I wanna hear some of these verses that have you boys in such high regard of holmes rapping ability

And those would have you rank him as an elite lyricist?

His flow is 9/10 I just dont hear stand out lyricism maybe its just the content that loses me

That 5am in toronto is nice other than his tough guy impersonation

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom