🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Shouts to Clyde for one of the most ignorant and unintentionally hilarious posts in this thread and that's saying a lot

The god Drexler would be ashamed you even using his name sake spilling such trash :lol:

but kanye was the first to really break through on a mainstream level.  and talib and 3000 have always spoken on a number of hood topics.  there stuff has always been on another level than the type of regular guy rap kanye made acceptable.

Outkast......OUTKAST. and Kanye was the first to breakthrough on a mainstream level.
?
You talkin about the Outkast that made Ms. Jackson? B.o.B. ? Hey Ya? :lol:

The crack smoke made my brain feel so strange...

:lol:

"my ***** Gutta kidnap kids...**** em in they *** throw em over the bridge" - B.I.G.

so now pedophilia and killing children was glorified in rap? oooookay buddy :rofl:

"bend over and take it like a **** okay, ma?" -Em

so now at one point raping your mother was the thing for rappers right?

"You look so good, ill suck on your daddy's ****"

BIG

And you say Drake is pro gay rap :lol:

Outkast was definitely rapping about hood ****, especially on the the early albums

Last edited:
"You look so good, ill suck on your daddy's ****"

BIG

And you say Drake is pro gay rap :lol:

Outkast was definitely rapping about hood ****, especially on the the early albums

They were but when they REEEALLY broke through into the mainstream it was

w/ Ms. Jackson, So Fresh, So Clean and B.O.B.

then the AOTY Grammy and diamond album w/ Hey Ya and The Way You Move

dude said Kanye was the first to breakthrough in mainstream w/out the thug talk

True, off topic but Hey Ya is one of the top 10 greatest songs of any genre

Last edited:
be from the hood, sold or smoked crack

Hell no bruh, that was never glorified by rappers. :lol:

Was looking at that **** like

giphy.gif

In what world would you rather a rap game filled with crackheads over one filled with suburban average joes my __? :lol:

I just cant stop listening to the 2nd half of furthest thing!!!!
That beat is just something serious :smh:

Last edited:
yall might not realize it or even have listened to rap back then but there used to be unspoken requirements to be a rapper.  be from the hood, sold or smoked crack, reference guns and be able to tell a story.  rap was much better with these guidelines in place.  pro-gay songs and freestyle verses from a blackberry r not my cup of tea.  like im joking but im kinda not listen to other genres if u want variety before they do the same thing to rap that they did to rock and roll.

Damn this is incredible :lol:

If Drake came out in the 80's/90's, he still would have made it because he wouldn't be making music like this.

Instead, he'd be making more gangsta/hood violence type music and fronting like ALOT of rappers were back then.

Ya'll realize that most rappers before the advent of social media were mostly faking all those criminal activities and connections, right?

If twitter and instagram where out in the late 80's, early 90's, MOST rappers would've been exposed as straight softees compared to the images they put out there of themselves.

I respect someone way more for being true to themselves and honest about who they are through their art, than someone who plays a character in order to gain approval of people they don't even know. That shows a lack of self esteem and a wish to hide or cover something up, which is the definition of suspect.

Back
Top Bottom