🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Drake can rap his *** off, he just won't ever get the credit for it. Kendrick (IN MY OPINION) just puts a lot of random **** together and people think cause of his cadence and delivery, he can rap. He's decent...but to put Kendrick OVER Drake is blasphemy. Drake had me convinced after songs like 9AM in Dallas, Paris Morton Music 1, and Stay Schemin
Has Drake ever put together a storytelling track as complete as The Art of Peer Pressure? Or even appropriately responded to Control yet?

Drake (and his team of writers) can put together a hit song as good or better than anybody in history. But I don't know that you can call Drake the best rapper out, or even better than Kendrick, hands down, when Drake has flaws in his game that other MCs don't have and vice versa.

Say it's a matter of preference. But blasphemy? ****, Kendrick had the best verse on Marvin's Room.

Drake can't outrap K Dot. He can out cadence and swagger him, but it's a sleight of hand to mask what's lacking lyrically and actually.

As Pusha T put it, "the swag don't match the sweaters."

Drake can rap his *** off, he just won't ever get the credit for it. Kendrick (IN MY OPINION) just puts a lot of random **** together and people think cause of his cadence and delivery, he can rap. He's decent...but to put Kendrick OVER Drake is blasphemy. Drake had me convinced after songs like 9AM in Dallas, Paris Morton Music 1, and Stay Schemin

Has Drake ever put together a storytelling track as complete as The Art of Peer Pressure? Or even appropriately responded to Control yet?

Drake (and his team of writers) can put together a hit song as good or better than anybody in history. But I don't know that you can call Drake the best rapper out, or even better than Kendrick, hands down, when Drake has flaws in his game that other MCs don't have and vice versa.

Say it's a matter of preference. But blasphemy? ****, Kendrick had the best verse on Marvin's Room.

Drake can't outrap K Dot. He can out cadence and swagger him, but it's a sleight of hand to mask what's lacking lyrically and actually.

As Pusha T put it, "the swag don't match the sweaters."

Maybe the blasphemy part was overstepped, my bad. But I just kinda see the transparency in Kendricks music. I do honestly think Drake can outrap Kendrick (he probably hasn't showed/proved it yet...but he's consistently getting better), but that's just my opinion.

The Art of Storytelling = Look What You've Done in terms of Storytelling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agreed.

not even a kendrick fan like that but if u value substance this is no competition.  drake is better at rapping about his feelings and making hits thats about it.  kendrick touches on a wider variety of topics 

Last edited:
Whenever I hear people argue the Kenderick is "better" than Drake they always first create a very narrow context.

Always going back to his cadence and storytelling. But that's to imply that Kenderick blows out Drake in these categories.

Yes he is better, ok, but Drake isn't some slouch.

And Drake was right never to directly answer the Control verse.That Kenderick said about Drake was laughable, and Kenderick didn't want any beef. It was a Grade-A attempt to rustle jimmies. And what's the the best way to fight a troll? You don't feed it.

Drake can rap his *** off but you'll never be taken serious as a leader of the new skool with tracks like 305 to my city and leave tracks like 0to100 off your album. :smh: lets be honest he couldn't craft a song like Kiesha Song. He couldnt pull off a concept track like Opposites Attract on his best day . Or make a song that hits hard like Sing About Me. Only thing Drake has over Kendrick is party/bangers tracks. I would put Take Care era Drake neck and neck with K.DOt. But it seems that Nothing Was The Same was a huge set back from him.

I should clarify, my position is that neither is far beyond the other. They're peers, Drake is just more radio hit friendly.

But I ended up sounding like MSNBC to some of the pro-Drake Fox news posters in here.

I should clarify, my position is that neither is far beyond the other. They're peers, Drake is just more radio hit friendly.

But I ended up sounding like MSNBC to some of the pro-Drake Fox news posters in here.

Lmao

Dude said Kendrick is decent. :lol: :lol:

Y'all dudes wild man, Kendrick is a rap prodigy and as you can tell from my posts in this thread I think Drake is the mulatto Jesus.

I hated the Drake/OB version of 2 On first time I heard it, but it's growing on me after seeing him perform it at HAW
laugh.gif
.  I can't stop saying that line "Miracle, sit yo a** right here, mane"
laugh.gif

I hated the Drake/OB version of 2 On first time I heard it, but it's growing on me after seeing him perform it at HAW
laugh.gif
.  I can't stop saying that line "Miracle, sit yo a** right here, mane"
laugh.gif

....mane...

Ive been saying that line for like 10 days and I always have to add that extra "...mane"

....mane...

Ive been saying that line for like 10 days and I always have to add that extra "...mane"
Yeah, you have to add the extra "mane"
laugh.gif

The classic.

I was on HoustAtlantaVegas for the longest, definitely a classic.  Now, I'm on Lust For Life.  "My ex sends late night texts cause she don't know how to let go-go-goooo" then the beat drops
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Yo... "The Motion" is a dope song.

I really like it.

Something about his sound on the track, I really enjoy it.

Drizzy rapping and singing
nthat.gif

"Then that phone doesn't ring, when they got everything, that's the motionnn"
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom