🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

The boy makes a cameo in a new movie that came out. Won't say which to not ruin it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus Christ that OB brien dude is awful. I just heard his version of 2 on, the one with the girl is 1000000x better sheesh

Everything that I write is either for her or about her

So I'm with her even when I'm here without her and she know it

The girl that I wanna save is like a danger to my health

Try being with somebody that wanna be somebody else

I always thought she was perfect when she was being herself
THE FEELS. Played the hell out of that second verse at one point.

Everything that I write is either for her or about her

So I'm with her even when I'm here without her and she know it

The girl that I wanna save is like a danger to my health

Try being with somebody that wanna be somebody else

I always thought she was perfect when she was being herself
THE FEELS. Played the hell out of that second verse at one point.
not to mention the "she'll probably come around as soon as I settle down" line
mean.gif
embarassed.gif

cause we said no strings attached and I still got tied up in that

Connect

Dreams Money Can Buy

Club Paradise

top 3 for me (in no order)

Something interesting I was considering, and wanted to discuss without starting a war in here....

In the Yeezus thread, one of the chief criticisms has always been how many collaborators it takes for each track, as if that is something exclusive to Kanye. However, a glance at the NWTS liner notes reveals on the track Pound Cake, the writing credits belong to "Aubrey Graham, Shawn Carter, Anthony Palman, Matthew Samuels, Jordan Evans, A. Proctor, Dennis Coles, Robert Diggs, Gary Grice, Lamont Hawkins, Isaac Hayes, Jason Hunter, Russell Jones, David Porter, Clifford Smith, Corey Woods."

And then there's the infamous videos from the Comeback Season/So Far Gone sessions where Drake is in a studio with a bunch of co writers/producers.

So my question is, why do some artists get a pass for ghostwriting, while others don't?

And yes, I realize the writing credits are largely to people who were sampled. I know. The question stands though, if only for conversation.

Last edited:
Also, some poet was giving him lines for Connect. Pretty cheesy lines, but the ones that end up in FB statuses, so i guess it works out.

People just like to drive a narrative home, at a point. So Kanye needs help to write every single rhyme. And that's what his detractors go with.

But, largely, I think everybody gets a "pass," really. Nobody really cares that much anymore. It's not hurting anyone's career the way it would have...or at all, actually. People just use it to discredit certain artists they don't like. But if it wasn't that, it would just be something else. Once you've made your mind up, you'll use whatever.

And it's a relatively new practice. (admitting and crediting it, at least.)

Something interesting I was considering, and wanted to discuss without starting a war in here....

In the Yeezus thread, one of the chief criticisms has always been how many collaborators it takes for each track, as if that is something exclusive to Kanye. However, a glance at the NWTS liner notes reveals on the track Pound Cake, the writing credits belong to "Aubrey Graham, Shawn Carter, Anthony Palman, Matthew Samuels, Jordan Evans, A. Proctor, Dennis Coles, Robert Diggs, Gary Grice, Lamont Hawkins, Isaac Hayes, Jason Hunter, Russell Jones, David Porter, Clifford Smith, Corey Woods."

And then there's the infamous videos from the Comeback Season/So Far Gone sessions where Drake is in a studio with a bunch of co writers/producers.

So my question is, why do some artists get a pass for ghostwriting, while others don't?

And yes, I realize the writing credits are largely to people who were sampled. I know. The question stands though, if only for conversation.

Yea pretty much every name in that Pound Cake credit is a producer or was sampled so I don't really see how that's relevant.

Obviously Drake collaborates with other writers but its pretty obvious he writes the majority of his material just by the content and especially considering he writes for others as well. For every pic or video you see of him with other musicians, there are a million more of just he and 40 only in the studio.

Kanye isn't really the best comparison because he uses far more collaborators and writers to the point that his credits look like a wall of text.

nako xl nako xl I get where you're coming from man, I credit an artist less when they are surrounded by ghostwriters. In all seriousness, how does Jay's song credits look? Mainly S. Carter or a lot of writers too? Serious question

Well I once mentioned how it had been said several times in the past that Jay had writing help from people like Sauce Money early in his career.

And the reaction in the thread looked something like

torchMob.jpg

laugh.gif

Well I once mentioned how it had been said several times in the past that Jay had writing help from people like Sauce Money early in his career.

And the reaction in the thread looked something like

torchMob.jpg

:lol:

:lol:

The writing credits argument is so stupid. Like 40 gets writers credit for almost every song on NWTS but has personally said himself that he hates writing and doesn't do it at all. If you work on the record in any way, or if Drake recites the bars to you and you tell him to change a line or two, boom you "helped" write the song.

Back
Top Bottom