🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Liked the vid.
pimp.gif

Video was garbage...actually, to date, no Drake video has been good. They've all sucked. As mentioned above, his facial expressions and street fighter ryu haduken movements is uncomfortable to watch.

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

Video was garbage...actually, to date, no Drake video has been good. They've all sucked. As mentioned above, his facial expressions and street fighter ryu haduken movements is uncomfortable to watch.
I liked Find You Love
ohwell.gif
. At least it pertained to the song... And
laugh.gif
@your avy.

Anthony Mualder needs to stop with this %**%. That song gets me so hyped and somehow he manages to make it depressing. Same thing with Over. Nice concept, wrong song.

I thought it was a decent video. I think Drake's camp is simply trying too hard to be "artsy" in his videos when they just need to follow the script. Because right now he has nothing but a string of forgetable videos. And they keep enlisting Mandler who directs with sort of this dark mood in his videos which should not be the direction Drake's videos take. Its a performance video. Something a little different in regards to those type of videos but they're trying too hard. Replacement Girl is probably his best video to date that caters to his fanbase yet it was something he done before he got the buzz.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Video was DOPE...

& Why didn't Drake just film his part when Wayne did, atleast they could've been on the SAME page as far as the direction they were goin in with this, the Wayne portion of the video just looks stupid...

He did film part of his part with Weezy .
The only recent shot was I think the shots with YM .

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

I will agree...Drake should be selling Eminem digits now.

He should, bad promo, bad videos, idk man I just think this album could have sold a lot more.
Then again he is about to go on tour so who knows.

!#!%, last time I checked he had more promo, videos and singles out then Eminem...

You just can't compare him to a Eminem when it comes to sales...you can't.

His numbers are great, especially in this climate...

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

So his next video after "fancy" is "show me a good time" which should have the same success as "find your love".

It should have MORE success...Show me a good time is a better song IMO. I was kinda forced to like Find Your Love. Its not his best R&B song at all.

LMAO at the way he came down the steps... but agreed, that was better then all his videos, the only exception is Replacement girl BC that was his first video haha 

that clip for MTV looks interesting, anybody know how i can view it, or if there's somewhere else that has a clip of it (youtube doesn't)? since im 'not in the region'

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

So his next video after "fancy" is "show me a good time" which should have the same success as "find your love".

It should have MORE success...Show me a good time is a better song IMO. I was kinda forced to like Find Your Love. Its not his best R&B song at all.

Soon as I heard "Find your love" I knew it was going to be a "POP" hit as it is. Top 5 song. "Show me a good time" has that same type feel good radio pop friendly vibe to it.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

"Find Your Love" is the worst song on "Thank Me Later".
by far.

I wish he'd stick to songs in his vocal range like Cece or Brand New...I feel like he HAD to use that song because it was a Kanye beat...I still look at it like an 808s left over.

Originally Posted by awwsome

I will agree...Drake should be selling Eminem digits now.

He should, bad promo, bad videos, idk man I just think this album could have sold a lot more.
Then again he is about to go on tour so who knows.
Bad promo? What? For who Drake? Em is the one who had bad promo.

Let's just be honest with ourselves for a minute. Drake is at where he was suppose to be. You dudes on here set the bar so high because he had buzz but in reality buzz means nothing other than more people will be looking to download your album. Word of mouth is what usually generates strong album sales ex: Lady Gaga. What Drake did with his album is great. Especially for a new artist. He was never gonna sell like Eminem. Eminem is just that rare artist that people will go out and support. I knew %#% from jump when I seen that Re-Up mixtape go platinum. A damn mixtape? Em is just one of a kind. His success will never be duplicated and that's not just rap that's in all genres. Maybe Lady Gaga can do it but even she has to prove she can do it again since she's basically still on her 1st album.

Back
Top Bottom