🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

"Find Your Love" is the worst song on "Thank Me Later".
by far.

I wish he'd stick to songs in his vocal range like Cece or Brand New...I feel like he HAD to use that song because it was a Kanye beat...I still look at it like an 808s left over.

Totally agree.

I disagree, I like FYL a lot, at first it sounded like some weak reggaetone track to me but then it grew on me, and you gotta admit after a while the "hey hey hey" is infectious

this cookin soul remix is dope too

Another thing is , Drake's buzz had already peaked.
For his debut he did amazing.
But comparing him to a rapper who has sold ridiculous amounts his whole career is just dumb.
Nobody does Em numbers.. but Em.
Not Kanye, Wayne or Jay will do what Em is doing right now.
Little to NO promo, but the perfect singles.

jupiterjaywall wrote:
But comparing him to a rapper who has sold ridiculous amounts his whole career is just dumb.
kanye will
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by jupiterjaywall

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Video was DOPE...

& Why didn't Drake just film his part when Wayne did, atleast they could've been on the SAME page as far as the direction they were goin in with this, the Wayne portion of the video just looks stupid...

He did film part of his part with Weezy .
The only recent shot was I think the shots with YM .

Yea I could've sworn I saw pictures of Wayne and Drake performing together on the set.

Originally Posted by Sois Frais G

jupiterjaywall wrote:
kanye will
smokin.gif

Wayne will
smokin.gif

Yea I saw those pics, but I think those were photoshopped...

There's not a single scene where they appear togeather throughout the ENTIRE video... (and its 6 ##*!%$ minutes long)

And IF he did his part with Wayne, and they wait till 2 1/2 months after the single was release to drop the video that is TERRIBLE... Either way, there was no excuse why THIS video or "Fancy' video should have been completed and released by Late June-Early July...

What in the WORLD were they thinkin??

As far as "Find Your Love" being the worst song on the album, everyone has their opinion, I personally enjoyed the song and the fact remains, it reached #5 on the charts, and is STILL in the top 15, so that more thank likely will be the albums MOST sucessful single if not for its chart position, but for its lasting power... The sngle was released 3 1/2 months ago and is still Top 15...

I doubt he'd be able to mirror Em's success fully, but Drake should be sittin somewhere around 1.5 right now... He's sold a mill in 2 1/2 months off of really ONE single, cause "Over" was released in like March...

The album can still hit 2 million, but its a LONG shot for a few reasons.

1) The release date should've been moved up a week after the leak (June 8th) to offset the leak and also give a debut artist 2 weeks of sales before having to compete with Eminem.

2) "Over" should've NEVER been a single to begin with, seems like their being stingy with the video thus far, "Over" was a waste...(Even tho it performed WELL on the charts under the circumstance)

3) "9 AM In Dallas" should've been recorded before the deadline date and been moved to the intro... (not sure if that would've helped sales, but it would've improved an already GREAT album)...

4) Seems like ALL the promotion was on the front end of the project, I think a HUGE first week was expected, but the 470K may not have been what they wanted and seems like they hesitated and that's what the HUGE gap in videos was about...

The ways he can STILL get to 2 mill... A few ways how:

1) Let the "Miss Me" joint run its course for about 2-3 weeks. Then drop "Fancy" (which should've been the summer anthem ANYway)...

2) I guess "Show Me A Good Time" is the next single?? Coo... We'll see how that goes... Maybe a remix with Kanye might work since he's gettin ready to do his thing...

3) You STILL got "Unforgettable" in the bag which has potential to do well, and it would also be a GREAT look for Jeezy who's lookin bad out there now with NOTHING catchin on for him... Def Jam should provide the funds for that visual...

4) "Up All Night" STILL has to be a single... Nicki Minaj is in the top 20 with her single, and she has a release date in November (that prolly won't stick), but she can use that EXTRA boost, plus both of them have a VMA performance comin up so that should provide a nice boost...

5) "Light Up" video released on BLACK Friday... Wayne's is supposed to have his Welcome Home concert Nov 5th, (so you KNOW they goin perform the remix)... Also it would make it possible for Weezy to make an appearence in the vid, and get a MASTERED version of the remix done... Nicki's supposed to drop later that month, so the YM family is goin be the center of attention for that month until Kanye SHUTS it DOWN...

6) Regardless of the leak... "Shut It Down" still NEEDS a visual... It can still be a Top 20 record...

Obviously this isn't the OLD days where you get 3-5 videos, but this is the viral age where artists can take the initiative and put togeather their own visual... It aint like ANY of this move would meet dissaproval...

Its a lot of fingers than can be pointed... But Drake and his team should've been proactive, the same way they were with SFG... These idiots @ record labels don't know @%*$...

drake has only shipped a million copies. he's only SOLD about 980k. He's not OFFICIALLY platinum yet.

Drake definitely still has MANY singles left to play with. Dude is definitely winning there...but I will say Fancy gets way more radio play here at least, because its a better song IMO, than Over or Find Your Love.

Originally Posted by glasses

drake has only shipped a million copies. he's only SOLD about 980k. He's not OFFICIALLY platinum yet.

Come on g, it's safe to say 20,000 more copies will be bought, that's not the issue.

I'm saying HE could have made the project bigger.

He's got enough pull and money to make video's, do events, promote his album way better than a label ever could.
He understands his fanbase, he understands his music.
Just from interviews after the album released, you can tell he feels that things didn't go as planned.
Find Your Love shouldn't have been a single, Show Me A Good Time should have, then Fancy not Miss Me.
Look what Wiz did with his project and he didn't have NEARLY as many resources as Drake.
Son was #1 on google and twitter with a mixtape, making videos for every song, and selling out shows off of it.
But that's just my opinion.

Naw Harlem, they werent photoshopped.
They just shot WAYNE's part before he left.

Drakes wasnt shot until recently along with Fancy.

Theres a Nino Brown 3 behind the scenes video of them on set together.. im sure it was posted.

And all this dude has to do is drop Show Me A Good Time, Up All Night, and end the TML madness with Fireworks.

Unforgettable will NOT be a good single. Everybody is TIRED of Jeezy.

If they dont end it with Fireworks, a video for the remix of Light Up with Wayne would be epic, especially with a mastered CDQ of his verse.

Shut It Downs time is up..

Imo he should have started out with show me a good time then fancy(or vice versa doesnt really matter). Shut it down for the R&B single instead of FYL(i know SID leaked early but still), then go for the kill with Light Up.

Find your love should have been a lot bigger. Should have easily hit #1

But thats kind of what you get with the deal he signed

2) "Over" should've NEVER been a single to begin with, seems like their being stingy with the video thus far, "Over" was a waste...(Even tho it performed WELL on the charts under the circumstance)

3) "9 AM In Dallas" should've been recorded before the deadline date and been moved to the intro... (not sure if that would've helped sales, but it would've improved an already GREAT album)...

4) Seems like ALL the promotion was on the front end of the project, I think a HUGE first week was expected, but the 470K may not have been what they wanted and seems like they hesitated and that's what the HUGE gap in videos was about...

1) Let the "Miss Me" joint run its course for about 2-3 weeks. Then drop "Fancy" (which should've been the summer anthem ANYway)...

2) I guess "Show Me A Good Time" is the next single?? Coo... We'll see how that goes... Maybe a remix with Kanye might work since he's gettin ready to do his thing...

3) You STILL got "Unforgettable" in the bag which has potential to do well, and it would also be a GREAT look for Jeezy who's lookin bad out there now with NOTHING catchin on for him... Def Jam should provide the funds for that visual...

4) "Up All Night" STILL has to be a single... Nicki Minaj is in the top 20 with her single, and she has a release date in November (that prolly won't stick), but she can use that EXTRA boost, plus both of them have a VMA performance comin up so that should provide a nice boost...

5) "Light Up" video released on BLACK Friday... Wayne's is supposed to have his Welcome Home concert Nov 5th, (so you KNOW they goin perform the remix)... Also it would make it possible for Weezy to make an appearence in the vid, and get a MASTERED version of the remix done... Nicki's supposed to drop later that month, so the YM family is goin be the center of attention for that month until Kanye SHUTS it DOWN...

6) Regardless of the leak... "Shut It Down" still NEEDS a visual... It can still be a Top 20 record...

Obviously this isn't the OLD days where you get 3-5 videos, but this is the viral age where artists can take the initiative and put togeather their own visual... It aint like ANY of this move would meet dissaproval...

Its a lot of fingers than can be pointed... But Drake and his team should've been proactive, the same way they were with SFG... These idiots @ record labels don't know @%*$...
This man has the plan
pimp.gif

Yea I saw those pics, but I think those were photoshopped...

There's not a single scene where they appear togeather throughout the ENTIRE video... (and its 6 ##*!%$ minutes long)

And IF he did his part with Wayne, and they wait till 2 1/2 months after the single was release to drop the video that is TERRIBLE... Either way, there was no excuse why THIS video or "Fancy' video should have been completed and released by Late June-Early July...

What in the WORLD were they thinkin??

As far as "Find Your Love" being the worst song on the album, everyone has their opinion, I personally enjoyed the song and the fact remains, it reached #5 on the charts, and is STILL in the top 15, so that more thank likely will be the albums MOST sucessful single if not for its chart position, but for its lasting power... The sngle was released 3 1/2 months ago and is still Top 15...

I doubt he'd be able to mirror Em's success fully, but Drake should be sittin somewhere around 1.5 right now... He's sold a mill in 2 1/2 months off of really ONE single, cause "Over" was released in like March...

The album can still hit 2 million, but its a LONG shot for a few reasons.

1) The release date should've been moved up a week after the leak (June 8th) to offset the leak and also give a debut artist 2 weeks of sales before having to compete with Eminem.

*Thumbs up*

smile.gif

What If I Kissed You is really nice.
pimp.gif

I'm still surprised people didn't like Find Your Love that much. No way is it the worst song on TML; that title goes to CeCe's Interlude. His vocal performance on there was dismal.

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Video was dope. Im missing the "stripper" connection though, whats that all about?
laugh.gif

yeah, I'm in the city of the purple sprite
someone tell 
a987c27133862ba6305b9634b7255fa7_mm2030208070854.gif

I'm on fire she should work tonight
call up King of Diamonds and tell China it'd be worth the flight
I'll be at my table stacking dollar's to the perfect height
work something twirk something basis
she just tryna make it so she right here gettin naked
I don't judge her, I don't judge her
but I could never love her cause to her I'm just a rapper
and soon she'll have met another
that's why me and lil jazz bout to spaz can you keep up
I'm just feeling sorry for whoever got to sweep up
yeah bills everywhere, trill everything

Too bad she wasn't in the video tho...

Prolly would've gotten BANNED from TV...

Cece's Interlude is the only song I skip on the album. Only thing good about it to me is the guitar solo but to each their own. Just need the Fancy video and I'm good

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Video was dope. Im missing the "stripper" connection though, whats that all about?
laugh.gif

yeah, I'm in the city of the purple sprite
someone tell 
a987c27133862ba6305b9634b7255fa7_mm2030208070854.gif

I'm on fire she should work tonight
call up King of Diamonds and tell China it'd be worth the flight
I'll be at my table stacking dollar's to the perfect height
work something twirk something basis
she just tryna make it so she right here gettin naked
I don't judge her, I don't judge her
but I could never love her cause to her I'm just a rapper
and soon she'll have met another
that's why me and lil jazz bout to spaz can you keep up
I'm just feeling sorry for whoever got to sweep up
yeah bills everywhere, trill everything

Too bad she wasn't in the video tho...

Prolly would've gotten BANNED from TV...
Thanks for clearing that up fam....yeah if shorty was in the vid...i dont even know what to say...
smh.gif

Yea its amazing to me how much they let Lady Gaga get away with in her videos but had Maliah showed up to the shoot? Just wearing tights? +!* would've got the Ciara treatment.

And if Drake drops "Unforgettable"? The year is over. That song would be a MONSTER. Its that one song on the album that everyone can relate and appreciate it. Some of the older fans, females, males, kids, grown.....a lot of Drake's music on that album is not for everyone. That song is the one that could attract all demographics I feel and would gain Drake more fans that he doesn't already have. I'm not sure if Fancy is the right song to promote.

Agreed, "Unforgettable" would be a crazy single. It's my favorite song on the album, the hook is very catchy where he goes "you'll think of me...", it could easily become a smash hit.

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

What If I Kissed You is really nice. 
pimp.gif

I'm still surprised people didn't like Find Your Love that much. No way is it the worst song on TML; that title goes to CeCe's Interlude. His vocal performance on there was dismal.

In all honesty, "Cece's Interlude" was so good (IMHO), I thought it should have been longer...

Back
Top Bottom