🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

I hear a lot people say this..so I have to ask..who you thought was going to make it over meek because from the first time I heard him on that diamond are forever beat I knew he was going to make it...

Joey Jihad was waaaaay better. I know getting knocked out on camera kinda was a bad look but he was a better rapper than meek.

I really didn't see a difference between dudes like Meek, Reed Dollaz, Young Hot, Cyssero, etc. Like up until.the last flamerz...it wasn't much separation between meek and all them dudes.

Last edited:
Lol I had to go back and watch meeks YouTube he made talking about about joey back in 08. One thing I can give meek is he always been the same dude. He always been the type to put a ***** on blast and not care. I always knew he never liked wale and had to play them industry games. Probably same with Drake. But philly dudes can only fake for so long before they really show how they feel.

Joey Jihad was waaaaay better. I know getting knocked out on camera kinda was a bad look but he was a better rapper than meek.

I really didn't see a difference between dudes like Meek, Reed Dollaz, Young Hot, Cyssero, etc. Like up until.the last flamerz...it wasn't much separation between meek and all them dudes.

I can talk philly rap all day long..but I'm not going to tie up this thread..Young hot was always garbage to me..and the rest of them was just one trick pony..yeah they all could spit
but couldn't make songs to save their life..and you could tell they were from philly..meek always stood out go back and listen to real me.

Lol I had to go back and watch meeks YouTube he made talking about about joey back in 08. One thing I can give meek is he always been the same dude. He always been the type to put a ***** on blast and not care. I always knew he never liked wale and had to play them industry games. Probably same with Drake. But philly dudes can only fake for so long before they really show how they feel.

This is what I been trying to tell people who been saying Nikki got him in his feeling..I'm thinking you must not been following meek mill..go back and watch the video the first day he came home from jail the first time..he was probably talking slicker than he is now...He wouldn't even let jim jones tell him nothing at a music conference that was held in philly..and this was before he even drop a album.

Young hot was and is forever bunz..I'm still legit mad they let him go up N.Y. and get cooked by mook..he probably set the philly rap scene back 20yr with that performance..
roll.gif

no wonder why i was messing with 'used to' and '10 bands' so heavy on the album. i was always like "where did this drake come from, i f with this"

:lol: shoulda know cuz i cant stand drake for the most part

Last edited:

This is what I been trying to tell people who been saying Nikki got him in his feeling..I'm thinking you must not been following meek mill..go back and watch the video the first day he came home from jail the first time..he was probably talking slicker than he is now...He wouldn't even let jim jones tell him nothing at a music conference that was held in philly..and this was before he even drop a album.
Jim jones a bum though.............

Meek Mill speaking tweeting about Drake’s Atlanta-based ghostwriter has fueled the ever-fiery discussion on what constitutes originality in hip hop, which ultimately garners an emcee respect. It’s no secret that some craft their own sound while others seek help. Despite other rappers’ disdain for outsourcing material, artists like Nickelus F, who worked with Drake way before Thank Me Later, sees the value in what is perceived as ghostwriting. When we spoke to the Virginia wordsmith and producer, he had no problem keeping it a stack about the current ghostwriting spats and how they affect his upcoming project, TRIFLIN’.

Mass Appeal: You spoke about giving Drake bars, so would you consider yourself a former ghostwriter of Drake at this point?

Nickelus F: No, I am not a former ghostwriter for Drake. He’s immensely talented and personal in his music. The depths that he goes to in his personal reflection can’t be written by anyone else. And it’s his personal honest moments that people love him for the most. i.e. “The Calm.”

On Twitter, you made a good point about ghostwriting not really making a difference when the artist already has a core fan base that can’t be swayed. However, it doesn’t seem odd when rappers who pride themselves on being the best out, get help for their bars?

If you’re battle rapping, yes it matters. Look at Prez Mafia—only battle rap followers will understand that reference. But in terms of entertainment, it’s been proven that it doesn’t matter. People connect with the person you are. I feel like fans nowadays aren’t as concerned with if the person is a good writer. Only other writers care about that. Look at it like this: Quentin Tarantino makes extraordinary films and in general receives all the credit for the movies. But do you think he sat down and wrote that script word for word? Of course he didn’t. Does it matter? Of course not. We love the movies anyway, and we call them Quentin Tarantino movies. That analogy pertains specifically to the question of if ghostwriting matters, not if Drake has a ghostwriter, because I can’t speak on what I don’t know.

TRIFLIN’ is on the way, which we’ve been waiting on for a while. How far is the project from dropping, and is all the attention tempting you to drop the project now?

TRIFLIN’ is right around the corner. It’s complete. Soon as it’s uploaded everywhere it’s going out. There were a ******** of hold-ups, data recovery, computer replacements, etc. that hindered me from getting this project out earlier, but it’s finally here and I’m excited. And to be honest, yes I am tempted to put the album out at this exact moment since everyone is looking this way. But I won’t. I never really liked opportunists, they never came across as genuine, but always came across as corny. **** daht.

How do you feel about the effects of outing a ghostwriter and the pending lack of work that will follow because of the negative stigma attached to ghostwriting in rap?

For ghostwriting in general, I support it. At the end of the day, it’s about good music. That’s what the fans want. I don’t care who’s in the studio with Kanye tossing out one-liners and what not. Kanye sells that **** and is the orchestrator of it all. And on top of that, he’s in my top 5. Along with Jay, MF DOOM, Raekwon, and Future Hendrix. But not everyone has the voice, or personality, or look, or opportunity to “make it big.” There are a lot of talented writers out here who don’t have access to good production, or the proper vision to bring a project together correctly. But everybody needs to eat right?

And just to throw this in…yall can’t go questioning Drake’s pen when he says he was ready to battle Mook. Annnnd on top of that, Drake’s pen game is way crazier than Meek’s.

http://massappeal.com/nickelus-f-on-working-with-drake-ghostwriting-and-triflin/

If I hear/see that Tarantino reference again...So that's where yall got that example from [emoji]128514[/emoji]...Can't even form yall own arguments huh

If you look at the production and the credits you can see that lol. Drake makes great songs and needs a team to make the songs even better. Drake ghostwrites also. He wrote for Alicia Keys Beyonce Jamie Foxx the list goes on. Bet even Meek has a line from another rapper. Thats how the game goes. 

Last edited:
As for that 10 Bands reference track tho, I'm glad Drake liberated that concept from dude 
laugh.gif
.  That dude Q. Miller sounded like a straight cornball rapping on that joint.  Drake made that track hot 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom