🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Wish he wrote u some new jokes

MY GOD AT LEAST BE FUNNY WITH THE STUFF YALL POSTIN
large.gif

Hahahha omg hahaha hilarious rusty omg hahaha.

I'm just here because dudes fronting like this is cool. If people called a spade a spade we could all go back to listening to our future albums. But nah we gonna keep fronting like son is this great rapper when he's just a great reader.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] cappin bruh yo whole world been crashing lately. First Wayne get hit with a cup after dropping that bs now this **** smh.

So a verse for a verse really wasn't a swap to him...... It was to Quentin

Last edited:
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] cappin bruh yo whole world been crashing lately. First Wayne get hit with a cup after dropping that bs now this **** smh.

lmaooooooo :smh: + Kanye dropping 4 verses then disappearing :rofl:

but this thread has single handedly got me through work thanks haters/riders and everybody in between

+7 on the joke by the way

What kills me about all the Drake stans on social media and on here is that they just want to point out the 'drake haters' and talk about how lame they are and how they are having a field day...but in the same breath they are quoting Drake lines, making Meek memes, and low-key having panic attacks over the thought that their lord and savior might not have penned a few songs.  Out here gearing up for war over a man they never met.  Both sides lame, Drake groupies taking the cake though

Last edited:
What kills me about all the Drake stans on social media and on here is that they just want to point out the 'drake haters' and talk about how lame they are and how they are having a field day...but in the same breath they are quoting Drake lines, making Meek memes, and low-key having panic attacks over the thought that their lord and savior might not have penned a few songs.  Out here gearing up for war over a man they never met.  Both sides lame, Drake groupies taking the cake though

All #facts

Wasn't **** intelligent being said in here. Just a bunch of excuses on what can our defense be to make this acceptable. How can we flip this ghostwriting thing.

With all the foolishness we accept from rappers:

-All the fake gangsta ****

-All the claims of speaking Spanish with the plug when English is clearly kicking their ***

-All the "well it didn't live it, but it was my environment"

-All the stretching 9 months of drug selling into a 5 albums plus

-All the rapping other people's lines to "pay homage".

Everything

Dudes really upset at folk not being outraged at Drake using a few of someone else's lines.
laugh.gif

Lets keep it #1HUNNA brahs, you didn't like Drake or him music before, but dude was doing so well that throwing shots at him would come off a hating

Now Meek Mill of all people somehow provides you with what you think is a "smoking gun" and you feel that somehow validates all the irrational dislike you harbor for Drake.

-Is this a bad look, sure. Does it make me enjoy Drake's music any less, nope.
Part of the enjoyment of rap in general, at least for me, is being impressed by a rappers knack for cleverly writing rhymes, conveying emotion/meaning, creating new flows, cadences, etc. This **** is a craft that a lot of rappers take very seriously. All that other stuff you're bringing up mostly has to do with image and marketing gimmicks (which unfortunately are necessary in some way, shape, or form in order to adequately compete in this commercial realm) not the actual craft of writing rhymes. As far as "paying homage" lines, how many threads/discussions have we had on here over the years about Jay co-opting Biggie's lines? 
laugh.gif
 Just because he "gets away with it" doesn't mean it's accepted by everybody. Just like there are people in here who fall on either side of caring and not caring and will or won’t continue listening as a result.

While I do admit there are _’s out there who have been waiting on this, there are also a number of people in here who said they like Drake, enjoy his music and won't stop enjoying it but now hold him in a different light. I'm not gonna say I'm his #1 fan but I've always respected his skill and tried to check for his music when it dropped. 

I have fam in a few different parts of the music industry and I already know how rampant "ghostwriting"/getting help/reference tracks is. One of my older cousins began in artist development 20 years ago and you wouldn't believe some of the lines/bars/tracks that didn't come from the rapper spitting them. Just because it's big and "everybody does it" does that mean you should just sit down and shut up if you don’t agree with it tho? ****** go at Kanye the same way.

All of this **** was gonna come out anyway and it kinda already had. Everybody in that scene that Q is part of in ATL already knew about this and it was starting to spread, Meek just blew it up and gave it more legitimacy. That 10 Bandz reference track had already been making its rounds before this Meek stuff. I'm sure a lot of people had it in their inbox but chose not to put it out there for various reasons.

Part of the enjoyment of rap in general, at least for me, is being impressed by a rappers knack for cleverly writing rhymes, conveying emotion/meaning, creating new flows, cadences, etc. This **** is a craft that a lot of rappers take very seriously. All that other stuff you're bringing up mostly has to do with image and marketing gimmicks (which unfortunately are necessary in some way, shape, or form in order to adequately compete in this commercial realm) not the actual craft of writing rhymes. As far as "paying homage" lines, how many threads/discussions have we had on here over the years about Jay co-opting Biggie's lines? :lol:  Just because he "gets away with it" doesn't mean it's accepted by everybody. Just like there are people in here who fall on either side of caring and not caring and will or won’t continue listening as a result.

While I do admit there are _’s out there who have been waiting on this, there are also a number of people in here who said they like Drake, enjoy his music and won't stop enjoying it but now hold him in a different light. I'm not gonna say I'm his #1 fan but I've always respected his skill and tried to check for his music when it dropped. 

I have fam in a few different parts of the music industry and I already know how rampant "ghostwriting"/getting help/reference tracks is. One of my older cousins began in artist development 20 years ago and you wouldn't believe some of the lines/bars/tracks that didn't come from the rapper spitting them. Just because it's big and "everybody does it" does that mean you should just sit down and shut up if you don’t agree with it tho? ****** go at Kanye the same way.

All of this **** was gonna come out anyway and it kinda already had. Everybody in that scene that Q is part of in ATL already knew about this and it was starting to spread, Meek just blew it up and gave it more legitimacy. That 10 Bandz reference track had already been making its rounds before this Meek stuff. I'm sure a lot of people had it in their inbox but chose not to put it out there for various reasons.

All this.

I actually was a fan before I found out about the girl that writes for him. Can't put me in the "Drake hater" category. Before I found out he was a fraud I thought son was pretty nice, and this is coming from someone who was listening since replacement girl.

I respect rappers. Even if I don't like the subject matter I appreciate the skill. But damn...if you got a team of writers...I can't really consider you a real rapper.

I also think meek is painfully average. I used to live in philly and was up on the whole rap scene which is like its own world in philly. Out of all the dudes making noise back in 05-08 I never thought meek would be the one to "make it". It's kinda like when kwame brown went #1 and wasn't even the top ranked hs player that year.

Last edited:
All this.

Out of all the dudes making noise back in 05-08 I never thought meek would be the one to "make it". It's kinda like when kwame brown went #1 and wasn't even the top ranked hs player that year.

I hear a lot people say this..so I have to ask..who you thought was going to make it over meek because from the first time I heard him on that diamond are forever beat I knew he was going to make it...

Back
Top Bottom