🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Just out of curiosity, would you say GKMC was a classic or TPAB?

I'll call them modern classics. I feel as if adding modern before it distinguishes them from albums that really impacted the game. That's just how I feel about it tho.

I think it's a pretty terrible comparison, as one dude has actual hits/singles and has retail albums available, while the other is a punchline, a meme, and was forced to give his official album out for free after doing Kreayshawn numbers. Can't really be a "trend" when you're 3 albums in which all have hits. Fetty Wap and RHQ are trends, and I think neither one with every release an actual album. Those types of artists are singles/ringtone artists and nothing more. Birdman is doing his best to make Young Thug not be that, but he is as well.
fetty and quan dont got the machine backing them like future does

I'd give gkmc 'classic' status but tpab never.

We're in a weird space in hip hop where it's become a lot more important on WHO is making the music rather than what the music is

Had The Game made gkmc, would it be classic?

People put tpab as classic because it's Kendrick and they look at him as the savior of hip-hop (though personally I don't think he's all people make him out to be)

Lets say if j. Cole would've made tpab, it'd most likely be written off as bad

Dudes really tried to compare Future Hendrix to lil B? Can tell Yall don't get it smh.

And take care ain't no damn classic. Drake just don't got a classic album yet. That's ok. He still makes good songs.

Last true classic was Friday Night Lights. If it was an album, we'd hail and appreciate it more.

I'd give gkmc 'classic' status but tpab never.

We're in a weird space in hip hop where it's become a lot more important on WHO is making the music rather than what the music is

Had The Game made gkmc, would it be classic?

People put tpab as classic because it's Kendrick and they look at him as the savior of hip-hop (though personally I don't think he's all people make him out to be)

Lets say if j. Cole would've made tpab, it'd most likely be written off as bad

That's so real man. It's def about who makes the music, than what it is.

I mean Lupe just made Testuo and Youth. Kendrick makes TPAB and its hailed immediately.

And I like TPAB. It's just not a classic album. When I think classics, I think illmatic, reasonable doubt, it's dark and hell is hot, purple haze, Carter 1, food and liquor....those are just a few off the top of my head.

Tpab IS a classic.

It's in the realm of ATLiens and other obscure sonically rap albums compared to other mainstream artists of that time.

GKMC is a definite classic. Everyone was bumping that thing front to back. And you could actually play that album front to back. A true classic, it is what separated Kendrick from other rappers. 

Tpab IS a classic.

It's in the realm of ATLiens and other obscure sonically rap albums compared to other mainstream artists of that time.

I think that's the issue people are having. It sounds "different."

That whole it's not the music it's who makes the music, can be applied to Drake or to anyone for that matter. Jayz can't drop nothing that outkast did. If Quentin would'be kept any of those reference tracks and dropped them instead of Drake, I bet no one would've even acknowledged him.

Last edited:
It would be dumb to say Take Care is not a timeless album to me. The amount of times it gets spins to this day is wild. 

how are you on top for 6 years with no classic

thats like mj and lebron being the best for 6 years straight with no mvp under their belt

Lol stop with this boring ole Kendrick already it's not even close

If your reading this >>>>>> take care >>>>> whatever spiritual deep omg society is burning Kendrick album.

how are you on top for 6 years with no classic

thats like mj and lebron being the best for 6 years straight with no mvp under their belt

Not comparable. After country grammar, Nelly was right there at the top with no classics.

Jay said it. "Only dudes moving units is Em, PIMP JUICE, and us."

Drake is a hit maker. He just hasn't put together one cohesive body of work to a classic standard.

I'm sure if you take his best songs, and put them all on one tape, you'll potentially have a classic. He just hasn't put it together yet.

Nelly had a legit 6 year run and sold more records in those 6 years than drake has.

Why can't people over 30 judge whether or not drake has a classic?

Last edited:
nelly had a 3-4 year run on top, terrible comparison

people need to stop comparing him to drake

Nelly is one of the best selling hip hop artist.......EVER.

Billboard had him ranked as a top 3 artist of the past decade. Not just hip hop, but music.

This ***** released a double album that individually sold 350k albums first week a piece lol. Sweat and suit :rofl:

I know Drake got some records himself, but let's not act like Prime Nelly isn't comparable. He had a good 6 years.

Last edited:
Nelly had a legit 6 year run and sold more records in those 6 years than drake has.

Why can't people over 30 judge whether or not drake has a classic?
6 years? 
roll.gif

sweat suit was the end of his run and that was 04

:lol: at Drake not having a classic when his dam mix tape/album broke multiple records

Some of you need to just stop and give this man his props

6 years? :rofl:

sweat suit was the end of his run and that was 04

Bruh, because his last high selling album came out in 04, don't mean he just fell down the ranks immediately after the album dropped. How old are you? Just want to be sure you're even old enough to remember Nelly's run. 04 was 11 years ago. You can't be 20 talking about Nelly wasn't running the game back then.

Drake's "mixtape"/album broke records? That's new to me. I will look up what records it broke.

Last edited:
Naw we not going to compare nelly to drake as far as rap skill wise . Somebody show me a nelly track comparable to 5 am?

As far as GKMC when it came out I would rock with it almost front to back , now I only listen to money trees and the GKMC title track .... Can't consider it a classic

drake got 6 years on top and showing no signs of falling off anytime soon

nelly is not comparable, longevity and record sales>>>>>record sales 

nelly was not running rap after sweat suit dropped, just stop

Last edited:
Nelly wasn't considered the best hip hop artist at the time..Eminem, Jay-Z , Outkast and Kanye were considered better

I don't know who is considered better than Drake currently?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom