🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Bruh, because his last high selling album came out in 04, don't mean he just fell down the ranks immediately after the album dropped. How old are you? Just want to be sure you're even old enough to remember Nelly's run. 04 was 11 years ago. You can't be 20 talking about Nelly wasn't running the game back then.

Drake's "mixtape"/album broke records? That's new to me. I will look up what records it broke.

This week, he broke the record (his own record, by the way), for the most songs on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart at the same time, according to Billboard.

Of the 50 slots on the chart, Drizzy is occupying 21 of them — good for 42 percent of the chart’s total — thanks to all 17 of his songs on the mixtape charting, plus four songs he’s featured on.
From billboard

I'll wait when tpab or gkmc can control the charts like this since those are classics :lol:

Man some of you guys are to funny Drake is running hip hop like it or not

Drake has not been on top for 6 years though. You saying from 09 -now? Come on bruh.

So far gone dropped start of 09 ..... He's been one of the biggest rap artist every since. Every album plat/double plat and all went number 1 on the charts

He's not/hasn't been Solely on top though. One person never is

When GKMC dropped, it changed the way a lot of people listened to music during that time. Artist used GKMC as a measuring stick and felt they needed to make a product just as good or better. There are plenty of articles of different artist speaking about GKMC"s impact. When tpab dropped, artist from multiple genres spoke on how inspiring it is as well. But, because it hasn't been out long enough, I won't label it a classic as of yet. But tbh, it's heading into that direction.

I somewhat agree, but that's why I think we need to have this conversation 7-10 years from now to really see if it made an impact. I mean, those albums are still relatively new, so it wouldn't surprise me if artists still talk about them, however, I haven't seen too many interviews or heard too many songs this year where either is referenced. Then again, maybe dudes are talking about them and I just haven't heard it.

Last edited:
Damn... hiphop is ruined! We live in a world where radio plays = classic. Nas, Wu tang, ice cube, and so many artist never made a classic by that logic. Smh!

Damn... hiphop is ruined! We live in a world where radio plays = classic. Nas, Wu tang, ice cube, and so many artist never made a classic by that logic. Smh!

Nobody said that

You're combining two different arguments lol

One being drake has/has never made a classic and the other drake being on top

^^Bruh, scroll up a few post. A few people are saying because he gets radio play, his album is a classic. I never said Drake wasn't on top now. I said he hasn't been on top for 6 years straight.
Also, I like drake as a rapper. But it's funny that when someone says Drake doesn't have a classic, people say you're hating. Then the same people say Kendrick is wack or don't have a classic. But that's just them just not followingthe "hype."

Last edited:
how hasnt drake been on top for 6 years when his debut album was one of the top albums of that year

be real with yourself

Good kid didn't change anything :lol:

Trap is what's running popular music what the hells wrong with yall :lol:

You've moved the goalposts so much during this debate, but one thing is certain...

You calling K. Dot's raps boring and saying that garbage incohesive sham of a work that is IYRTITL better than anything Kendrick's done are the 2 worst statements I've ever heard in the music forum here.

Aubrey is a fantastic artist, I love listening to him, but dude does not have an Illmatic, MMLP, Reasonable Doubt, Aquemini, GKMC/TPAB, etc. on his resume yet. Maybe VFT6 will be that joint, he's yet to put together a cohesive body of work that warrants the classic label. Great to bump in the whip, party to and popular singles do not equal classic music.

And being on top in sales =/= your the best rapper which he's never really been on this run.

Radio friendly songs don't mean you have a classic album. Also, GKMC and TPAB are rated 91 and 96. A lot of people agree with those ratings.

Same could be said tons of people drake tons of people love most of his albums. So you mean a panel has to judge it a certain way come on now stop

drake has to make a "real hip hop" album for it to be a classic? 
roll.gif

So critical acclaim makes a classic

That's what I'm saying I rather go buy what the consumers aka record sales and spins billboard charts because that reflects the people who are actually consuming it not some panel of hip hop needs

If Drakes albums had the same ratings as Kendricks albums, you dudes will use that to your argument. But because his albums aren't rated that high, all of a sudden, critics don't mean anything. Although, not once did I say determines what's classic. But to me, it holds more weight than the radio. I would've missed out on some good music if I only listened to what the radio plays. Hell, is fetty waps songs classic?

Last edited:
Welp too bad nelly is into trafficking methamphetamines and that stupid TV show now [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

That's what I'm saying I rather go buy what the consumers aka record sales and spins billboard charts because that reflects the people who are actually consuming it not some panel of hip hop needs

What does that have to do with the quality of music and the actual work. It's not just a panel of hip hop heads, these people review and critique all types of music genres. Look at metacritic is from a compilation of all different types.

Not saying is the end all be all but I do value people who have expertise over people who also have Fetty Waps near the top of the charts as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom