🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

That comment just made me go listen to 1-900-Hustler.

It would for sure need to be a Drake album primarily and at most those dudes get one song to themselves.

How are the rest of these dudes supposed to pop off if Drake takes all the hits?

Jim Jones did the same thing.

You already know that the "they can't flourish because they're giving their best work to Drake" comments are on the way :lol:

That's exactly what it is though...Weeknd would have been in the same position had he not jumped ship after making Drake's best album. None of these ppl will bubble while signed to OVO because Drake takes up all the shine and music. I literally have no clue what none of these OVO cats look like because they so far in the back.

I'm sure they said that about rap when they first broached the subject and now look. Rap music about drugs murder and luxury is the wave and hopefully never goes away.

Stop it.
OK man. I've argued this ad nauseum through my life cause my music tastes are not that typical but really if you're someone who claims to listen to a lot of rap and can say that the bulk of it isn't about drugs murder and money then:

A. I would love to see your discography
B. I wouldn't want to have that discography

"Negative" rap is leaps and bounds better than "positive" rap.

That's exactly what it is though...Weeknd would have been in the same position had he not jumped ship after making Drake's best album. None of these ppl will bubble while signed to OVO because Drake takes up all the shine and music. I literally have no clue what none of these OVO cats look like because they so far in the back.
Weekend only blew up cause he went pop if he kept making music like he used to he would not be nearly as big as he is now

There are levels to "blowing up". He was already a star before BBTM. That just put him in the major leagues. Obviously there had to have been some anticipation in order for that to have done as well as it did. 

Last edited:
Weekend only blew up cause he went pop if he kept making music like he used to he would not be nearly as big as he is now

His music still sounds the same to me for the most part but I may be wrong, I don't really consider myself a Weeknd fan. The biggest difference is he's not in the shadows letting ppl take credit for his work/success. He always had the talent and when he got out on his own, he showed and proved.

There's a reason Tim Vocals and Tony Sunshine did not blow up. Being an R&B singer who's main topic is murder and drug dealing will get you no where fast.

The biggest difference is he's not in the shadows letting ppl take credit for his work/success. He always had the talent and when he got out on his own, he showed and proved.
His contributions to Drake get overstated a bit. It was a handful of songs that landed on Take Care. He had a ton of material out pre and post Take Care that people know him for. He wasn't an OVO tent camp member.

His music still sounds the same to me for the most part but I may be wrong, I don't really consider myself a Weeknd fan. The biggest difference is he's not in the shadows letting ppl take credit for his work/success. He always had the talent and when he got out on his own, he showed and proved.

The Weeknds most recent album (BBTM) is considerably more pop than his previous efforts. He greatly decreased his references do drugs, strippers, and other "offensive" topics- with the exception of "Often" and "The Hills". I still enjoy BBTM but you can't compare BBTM to Trilogy and not see that it was a much more radio friendly approach. An approach that ultimately paid off in the charts.

All that aside, the Weeknd is more talented than Tiller, PND, and Roy combined

The Weeknds most recent album (BBTM) is considerably more pop than his previous efforts. He greatly decreased his references do drugs, strippers, and other "offensive" topics- with the exception of "Often" and "The Hills". I still enjoy BBTM but you can't compare BBTM to Trilogy and not see that it was a much more radio friendly approach. An approach that ultimately paid off in the charts.

All that aside, the Weeknd is more talented than Tiller, PND, and Roy combined

Weeknd is an outlier and I don't think he should even be in this convo but I don't know where you got the idea that he's more "talented" than PND.

The other two yea but like I said, call me when the Weeknd is producing/mixing/writing the majority of his music.

He's not more talented than Party. Better writer and singer? Absolutely but Party is literally the whole package. You can put him in a room by himself and he can give you a whole album, none of these other guys can say the same.

Yea, man...HoB is really incredible. We just hadn't heard anything like that. period. He's supposed to be who he is off that, alone.

All these acts are "in the back" by their own design, it seems to me. I think people saw the success that The Weeknd had and tried to emulate that formula (with their own twist). It's not for everybody. The music doesn't speak like that for all these dudes.

Mind you, dvsn has my favorite album of the year and Party is my most anticipated album this year. But...if they want to blow, they have to drop the mystery thing and be...regular.

Hes not a better singer or writer than the weeknd but yet party is more talented....?

When pnd makes anything close to as good as the trilogy tapes were let us know

Define talent.

Cause I'd argue the guy that is writing, producing, recording, and mixing his own music by himself is more talented than the guy who just sings.

Hes not a better singer or writer than the weeknd but yet party is more talented....?

When pnd makes anything close to as good as the trilogy tapes were let us know

Yes because I just explained, he produces/records/mixes which The Weeknd needs a team of people to do.

You don't understand music that deeply if you don't know the talent that takes, anybody who's a musician will understand.

Weeknd is in my top 5 all time while Party isn't but y'all are really tripping and unaware.

Last edited:
Weeknd is trash now smh.

But yeah HOB is a classic. Party will def continue to put out better music than him though

It is possible for somebody who does one thing to be so much better at that one thing than the person who is pretty good at 5 things that he is more talented than the 5 talent person, just with less talents.

Not saying that's the case here. But...just saying.

Last edited:
Those dudes don't really count. The plug is just buzzword language, along with a lot of stuff dudes like tory Lanez and the weekend say. Those dudes talk about doing drugs more than selling the. I'm talking about real intricate stuff about drug dealing, plus the other stuff.

Lanez actually was homeless for a while and allegedly did dirt.

If you listen to his music, he talks about it beyond buzzwords and doesn't really talk about doing them like that.

It is possible for somebody who does one thing to be so much better at that one thing than the person who is pretty good at 5 things that he is more talented than the 5 talent person, just with less talents.

Not saying that's the case here. But...just saying.

Yea I understand what you're saying but you're right, that isn't the case here.

Like I said, if you really understand music, you know the level of talent that what Party is doing takes and you know that he has as much talent as anybody doing Hip Hop/R&B/Pop music.

Back
Top Bottom