🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

The internet saved the music video tho...

It made them more accesible yes, but it's also oversaturated

Official videos yes, all these unprofessional videos took away from that feeling IMO

Hotline Bling = an actual official video
Marvins Room = internet video

Idk if that makes sense

I agree, I feel it gave them a purpose again right as things were their bleakest for the art form.

YouTube is both a means of revenue and a (sort of unreliable) measurement of attention. Sure, you could just upload the audio and a picture, but from what I've seen, the views on actual videos are way higher.

Throw in how inexpensive videos can be nowadays and it only makes sense to make them.

Last edited:
Speaking of videos wth ever happened to the one dance video?

I thought it would of came out months ago...

I think music videos are crucial.

Now that Vevo & Youtube have given the consumer the ability to watch their newest & favorite music videos at the click of a button, is a huge plus.

If anything, labels should go back to big budget music video costs and put more effort into them.

I for one, prefer to watch the music video for a new single than to hear the audio first and then watch the visual a month or two after the audio drops.

"No Shopping" video is hot. Info on the Air Jordan baseball jersey? :nerd:

Videos are very important. An artist's image means everything. People want to SEE what they're listening to. In a lot of cases a video can break an artist. ASAP Rocky for example.

I feel like what they're wearing in music videos is the only thing that matters at this point.

All of them are the same nowadays. How many times do we really need to see French Montana in somewhere warm surrounded by women in bikinis. Every single video is the same.

Last video I thought was truly fire was Otis. We need more non standard videos.

Last edited:
Drake definitely planning some **** for the NY show, "bring as many people as you want"...he probably gonna drop a diss/some bars at the show

Or put some memes on the screen :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Drake definitely planning some **** for the NY show, "bring as many people as you want"...he probably gonna drop a diss/some bars at the show

Or put some memes on the screen :lol:
I'll be there so if he does anything I'll post a video in here

It looks like 'Too Good' is the next single, it got added to my local radio stations (DMV)

Videos are very important. An artist's image means everything. People want to SEE what they're listening to. In a lot of cases a video can break an artist. ASAP Rocky for example.

Aesthetic is a large part of why the consumer gravitated towards Lil Uzi Vert/Yachty so quickly.

People aren't far off when they say rap is like pro wrestling now...people have gimmicks and packaged aesthetics through videos and IG posts.

Not saying that's terrible, it's just an extension of what labels always did. You look at Aaliyah or Jodeci and they respectively had a unified aesthetic based on the time period.

Pe$o was definitely one of the main things that put me on to Rocky.

Luca Brasi & Make Em Believe were that wave. But I make sure to avoid anything he does outside of music cause he's not all the way there mentally.

Son is definitely out there. :lol: One of them smart, dumb _'s.

I can't deny his music. Dude is versatile. LB1, LB2 and Islah are better than every Drake project over the last few years. Gates does the female/relationship records but it's not corny. His **** is raw.

Last edited:

I agree, I feel it gave them a purpose again right as things were their bleakest for the art form.

YouTube is both a means of revenue and a (sort of unreliable) measurement of attention. Sure, you could just upload the audio and a picture, but from what I've seen, the views on actual videos are way higher.

Throw in how inexpensive videos can be nowadays and it only makes sense to make them.

Yep. I actually like coming across songs that I didn't even know videos were made to. Plus with the instant access, I don't see a reason people shouldn't make them

Aesthetic is a large part of why the consumer gravitated towards Lil Uzi Vert/Yachty so quickly.

People aren't far off when they say rap is like pro wrestling now...people have gimmicks and packaged aesthetics through videos and IG posts.

Not saying that's terrible, it's just an extension of what labels always did. You look at Aaliyah or Jodeci and they respectively had a unified aesthetic based on the time period.

Pe$o was definitely one of the main things that put me on to Rocky.

Same. Had I not checked for Peso, I would not have checked for his mixtape, nor eventually bought his albums

I feel like what they're wearing in music videos is the only thing that matters at this point.

All of them are the same nowadays. How many times do we really need to see French Montana in somewhere warm surrounded by women in bikinis. Every single video is the same.

Last video I thought was truly fire was Otis. We need more non standard videos.

Otis came out in 2011. There have been a good amount of non-standard videos in 5 years :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom