🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

"Tier 1" as far as I'm concerned has always been:
Jay, Kanye, Cole, Drake, Kendrick, and I guess you can add Future here now.

Super has never broke 200k first week
laugh.gif

I wouldn't consider 200k in sales "tier one" lol.  

He definitely had a lot of hype leading up to that release with his jail stints and the Nicki relationship.
What are you even saying ? It's clear this discussion is bigger than you so just back out of it.

[thread="256652"]Quote:[/thread]

Cut all the UK rap from the album and it's lit.

I cut almost all the singsong **** and kept some of the grime. I kept No Long Talk and KMT. I'm at 14 tracks as of last night, might go down to 11-12 by the end of the day. This is really good (to me) with all that extra **** gone.

Adding Two Birds and Sneakin and probably Big Amount once I find a good alternate cover.

Gyalchester bout to dethrone Redbone as my alarm.

Muscle relax.... *sniffsniffsniff*

1200x1184.jpeg.8ba6bd515baa4417b98ad1e5b0c5dd90

What I went with. One of the two good things to ever come out of KTT is that thread.

I'm usinig this right now but I see a lot of good ones :nerd:

8wf828.jpg

If You're Reading This, It's More Life

Free Smoke
No Long Talk
Jorja Interlude
Two Birds, One Stone
Gyalchester
Portland
Sacrifices
Nothings Into Somethings
Teenage Fever
KMT
Lose You
Can't Have Everything
Big Amount
Glow
Ice Melts
Sneakin
Do Not Disturb

The transition from Can't Have Everything to Big Amount >>>>>>>

"When others go low, we go high"

"ALL YOU DID WAS WRITE THE BOOK ON GARBAGE *** ROLLIES, EGO STROKING, PICTURE POSTING. CLAIMING THAT YOU DO IT FOR MOTIVATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, BUT YOU JUST HAD TO SHOW ME. SEE I KNOW CAUSE I STUDY YOU CLOSELY" - LOSE YOU *RESPONSE TO MEEK MILLS ROLLIES ...
9d12b44d33fcb5387e144860579f3b157869f8ae.gif

Last edited:

Interesting that the consensus in here seems to be Views was subpar only after Drake himself echoed that sentiment. You were a hater if you said this back in April. 
I loved Views. Never got the hate, I was shocked that Drake came out his mouth and said it. People are flip flopping in here though you're right.

Interesting that the consensus in here seems to be Views was subpar only after Drake himself echoed that sentiment. You were a hater if you said this back in April. 

Yup, I seen this a lot.

Views still mid but he came through here.

Please look up which other Rap albums have sold 200k or more first week in the last 4/5 years.
I'm sure there's a good amount of albums.

Super has never broke 200k first week
laugh.gif
True, but Meek has never had this run that Future has had mainstream wise.  

Meek was one of the biggest mixtape artists ever leading up to his debut and that borderline flopped.  DWMTM sold what it sold, but I feel that's more to do with his relationship with Nicki because that album sucked and there was no good single leading up to it.

***** said if you live on the islands :rofl: well no ****

But who in the US in hip hop/rnb was using Jamaican vibes in the past 5 years? Where are the hits with that vibe?

Also Do not disturb is the best outro drake has ever done and is automatically top 5 in best songs he's got. **** was too dope

Last edited:

I think the problem with Views is everybody was expecting more of a IYRTITL type of vibe after he dropped that. So, not only did it have that going against it but it always felt uninspired imo 

I'm sure there's a good amount of albums.

True, but Meek has never had this run that Future has had mainstream wise.  

Meek was one of the biggest mixtape artists ever leading up to his debut and that borderline flopped.  DWMTM sold what it sold, but I feel that's more to do with his relationship with Nicki because that album sucked and there was no good single leading up to it.

Show me the albums then if there's such a good amount.

I loved Views. Never got the hate, I was shocked that Drake came out his mouth and said it. People are flip flopping in here though you're right.

I feel like he had to to say that since It was almost Gospel to say Views was weak.

It was his weakest album IMO, but ppl ignored tracks like Weston Road Flows and acted like it was complete garbage.

Yeah drake is literally my favorite artist of all time and one of the GOATs in my eyes but Kanye albums are literally the best all time IMO

Jay z **** not even ****** with Kanye. Kanye discography right up there with PAC

Also, when I listen to that last track on the album I can't help but think about when dude retires. **** will definitely be a sad day. ***** changed the game and birthed serval offf springs

Last edited:

All of Drakes albums are better than KanYes albums sans MBDTF. MBDTF might only be better than two of them.

*In My Opinion*
I'm not sure if any of Drakes albums are better than CD and LR
College Dropout wasnt that good to me once I went back and listened to it, I feel like nostalgia carries this especially since MBDTF is better than it. LR used to be my favourite KanYe album but I listened to it a while ago and its a tier below MBDTF for sure.

MBDTF is really only better than Thank Me Later to me, I can go either way with Views at the moment but thats about it.

Last edited:
Let's be honest, most of the people that don't like the UK grime is just because they don't like anything different. As a guy from the UK I'm not a huge grime guy but Skepta and giggs were good on this album. Give it a chance man, embrace it and you might feel different.

Yeah that's not why we think it's trash bro

***** said if you live on the islands :rofl: well no ****

But who in the US in hip hop/rnb was using Jamaican vibes in the past 5 years? Where are the hits with that vibe?

Also Do not disturb is the best outro drake has ever done and is automatically top 5 in best songs he's got. **** was too dope

I didn't say if you live on the islands. You go to any good Caribbean themed club in the states. They ain't playing Controlla in lieu of actual authentic island music/artists. That sound has never been a wave it's been a staple. Hell Busta is an actual Jamaican not playing one on TV and I wouldn't dare say he brought a wave anywhere. I really wonder where y'all be from where getting introduced to this stuff for the first time is through Drake or that he's creating all these 'waves'.

Last edited:
Alright lets do this here then:

MBDTF (edges out NWTS by a little)
NWTS
Graduation
TC
LR
IYRT
CD
808's
Views
TLOP