🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

After a few more listens I gotta say three things:

First off production is definitely top notch just like TML. Creates a great vibe which is what I loved about TML and what I appreciate about Drake. He knows how to make a cohesive album which is a very much a lost art form in Hip-Hop for a very long time. (The same reason why people like Kanye so much, not because he's so "dope", it's because dude understands that putting together a complete, cohesive album is very important. It stands the test of time better instead of making a an album that sounds like a mixtape with too many producers and guest stars).

Two, now the mystery is solved about why he pushed backed the R&B mixtape, he wanted to call it Take Care and make money off of it.

And third, this solidifies that argument over the summer on here about him being top 10 DOA 15 years from now. He won't. He can rap, yes, but he's just a rapper. He says some cool things here and there but 15 years from now he won't be top 10. This album while very good is not a classic.

And on a side note he blew it not putting Dreams Money Can Buy and Club Paradise on here. Only song better than Club Paradise on Take Care is Over My Dead Body. 

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

Every new album confirms one thing: Majority of NT'er's have never heard of  GOOGLE......Fools asking to be banned, I hope the mods spit on your children

Not even, fools what to be spoon feed.

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Grammy in the making for this album?

Yo, turn down the slurping like 2 notches. You go too hard in the Drake and Weeknd Thread. As someone from Toronto you embarassing me fam.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
homie just excited that's all

He should have put:
Dreams Money Can Buy
Club Paradise
Free Spirit
Trust Issues Remix
I get lonely too

on Take Care and dropped a double disc on some life after death tip

He should have put:
Dreams Money Can Buy
Club Paradise
Free Spirit
Trust Issues Remix
I get lonely too

on Take Care and dropped a double disc on some life after death tip
Dudes would have complain that those songs have been out for months and he shouldve put new songs instead of those

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

Take Care is my favorite track OJ the album. I love the Lord Knows beat but it should not have been given to Drake. I could see Game Jay goin in on it though.

Fixed

THIS....If it's a Lord Knows Rmx and Hov ain't on it
30t6p3b.gif

After a few listens album is just aight to me. I don't see how anyone can still consider Drake a rapper after this. From an RnB point of view its got a good vibe and the vocals and melodies are on point. Only a few
eek.gif
worthy moments to me though (the house transition on Take Care, Weeknd feature, Stevie feature, all of Lord Knows). Standout tracks are Crew Love, Take Care, Underground Kings, Lord Knows and Cameras. I'll give the album an 8 out of 10. Could go down or up .5 depending on how it feels after some time.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

After a few listens album is just aight to me. I don't see how anyone can still consider Drake a rapper after this. From an RnB point of view its got a good vibe and the vocals and melodies are on point. Only a few
eek.gif
worthy moments to me though (the house transition on Take Care, Weeknd feature, Stevie feature, all of Lord Knows). Standout tracks are Crew Love, Take Care, Underground Kings, Lord Knows and Cameras. I'll give the album an 8 out of 10. Could go down or up .5 depending on how it feels after some time.

He's a Rapper/Singer I thought this was a given
laugh.gif

So what are are we lookin at as far as first week sells? I think dude is going to shut it down first week.

Solid album, need more spins before I can give my full .02. But I can already tell the females are going to eat this up hard body, dude might do 600,000-700,000 week 1

TML did about 450, and I view this album to be better already

-The Juice

So is there a Link with all Songs with the Official Tracklisting w/ Good CDQ?

Itd be awesome if someone could PM teh link..

eek.gif
It took listening to Take Care to come to this conclusion?
laugh.gif

Do you not have the internet?

People trying to box artists in... not sure why people have such a fascination with doing that. Just like Wale. Let them boys cook
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

eek.gif

laugh.gif
There's an entire thread dedicated to whether Drake can be a top 10 rapper. He can be top 10 rapper/singers I guess. Ahead of Ja Rule and Trey Songz
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

eek.gif

laugh.gif
There's an entire thread dedicated to whether Drake can be a top 10 rapper. He can be top 10 rapper/singers I guess. Ahead of Ja Rule and Trey Songz
laugh.gif
i think so, honestly

yo im blowed and this album is amazing. still stuck on track 1. cant believe this joint leaked. smh oh well take care

This is great follow up to TML. Dude need to chill with the sappy @ss ex girlfriend songs and I like alot of his R&B songs but some of this sh!# is to much. More Underground Kings type of songs. Best songs to me Crew Love, Underground Kings and Lord Knows ( Just
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif
). 8.5 for me.

Wayne added nothing to the songs he was on. "Met a female dragon had a fire conversation" _ what??
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

This is great follow up to TML. Dude need to chill with the sappy @ss ex girlfriend songs and I like alot of his R&B songs but some of this sh!# is to much. More Underground Kings type of songs. Best songs to me Crew Love, Underground Kings and Lord Knows ( Just
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif
). 8.5 for me.

Wayne added nothing to the songs he was on. "Met a female dragon had a fire conversation" _ what??
laugh.gif
Not a hard metaphor to understand.  He was talking to a girl and the convo was steamy. 

Album surpassed all my expectations..it's 
smokin.gif

For some reason, on that "Take Care" track, I can  imagine Justin Bieber replacing Rihanna on the hook, when she says "I'll take care of you" it kinda sounds like recent Biebs, either way, the track is going to be #1 on the charts as everyone knows. Crew Love? Long story short, made me feel like I was rollin all over again
laugh.gif
. I love how they sample Weeknd's own voice for some songs that, I love how the beat teases you for a while, building up like it's about to start, then just falling back into the sweet soft melody. Happy to see Just Blaze still spazzin on Lord Knows, beat was tough, Ross was on point, classic.

My only critiques would be:

1. They should have blended the end of Shot for Me into a newer version of Headlines since the end of it has some of the melody from Headlines in it.
2. Don't like that they cut of the end of Headlines, but kept the end of Marvin's Room.
3. Since both Headlines & Marvin's Room have been out for a long time, I was hoping that they would make a return on the album updated with more sounds, a little bit more detail. I guess I'm too use to that Yeezy production style, hoping for an even more finalized track when the album drops
ohwell.gif

All in all, great album. Will buy.

Back
Top Bottom