🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

After listening to the album a few times, I really enjoyed it...

Over my Dead body
Shot for me
Crew Love
Underground Kinds
We'll be fine
lord knows
Look what youve done
HYFR
the Ride

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

very solid second album

8.8/10

This album is very good production wise but the lyrics get old after a while. It's pretty much the same track after track. The album would have been more solid if you replace Shot for Me with Club Paradise, Marvin's Room with Dreams Money Can Buy but keep the Lamar interlude and delete Cameras all together. Make those changes and you have a solid 8.5/10 album. Right now as is it's a 7/10. Not as good as TML. 

UNDERGROUND KINGS
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

dude everything he said in that song is what i have been thinking since i got to college...this is unreal

Give me an album where Drake RAPS over 16 tracks of ONLY 40's production and it'll be one of the best releases of that year.
I give Take Care an 8.3/10. Its more album like than TML...but I feel like some of the songs were individually better. Its awkward...

See this is what I'm talking about:�

Bonus track (ONLY A STREAM/Not a Download) from: http://hypetrak.com/2011/...eping-alone-bonus-track/
Drake - Hate Sleeping Alone (Take Care Bonus Track) by Hypetrak
If he did more of this and less singing, he'd be on the best out... i wish he'd leave the popular sound alone and stay with 40 solo.�

Singing wise, he could lyrically give some actual R&B singers a run for their money if he wrote for them.�

And i'm not going to front like some of his singing hasn't made some of my favorite recent R&B cuts...but the fact remains that its just not as good.�

I don’t make music for *#!@%$ who don’t get @$!@$. I don’t. If you have a frustrating time with women, and you just spend your life hating on everybody, I’m not for you. I’m not for you. You’re an overly aggressive, bitter-#%% dude that only wants to listen to Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and some !*#* that was incredible while you were in your prime.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

I don’t make music for *#!@%$ who don’t get @$!@$. I don’t. If you have a frustrating time with women, and you just spend your life hating on everybody, I’m not for you. I’m not for you. You’re an overly aggressive, bitter-#%% dude that only wants to listen to Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and some !*#* that was incredible while you were in your prime.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I understood exactly what he was saying there, but that could easy come across as "If you like classics, than my music isn't for you".
laugh.gif
 Drake
actually sounded a bit...bitter.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Give me an album where Drake RAPS over 16 tracks of ONLY 40's production and it'll be one of the best releases of that year.
I give Take Care an 8.5/10. Its more album like than TML...but I feel like some of the songs were individually better. Its awkward...
I kinda see what you're saying. It was like when Thursday came out, everybody was comparing it to House of Balloons and to me it felt like Thursday was a better package altogether as a concept album but House of Balloons had better "hits", if you will. And I see that as well with Take Care and Thank Me Later. I think Take Care is a better listen all the way through than Thank Me Later but Thank Me Later still has some big tracks individually.

Still don't know if album is better than TML but it's def 8-8.5 range.........I was at his concert in Cleveland this past Saturday and it was really good except he didn't do too much stuff from TC

Album is ok. Not better than TML. Some of the hooks sucks, the beat selection is trash. PRACTICE is the worst song I've ever heard in my life.

Not a huge fan of all the slower songs on TC, but SHOT FOR ME is
smokin.gif
along with Over My Dead Body.

I like the album. Idk if I can say it's better than TML yet though. I thought that was a great album.

Only play Cameras and Shot for Me, which is because of the beats. Cameras is the same beat as Jon B's "Calling on You" and then the hook is actually Jon B singing. Production on this album is real nice though, easily better than Thank Me Later.

Also, 40 needs to go work with some R&B acts now. His music is real nice, can't get enough of it.

Back
Top Bottom