🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maestro_(rapper)

Wesley Williams (born March 31, 1968 in Toronto, Ontario),[1] better known as Maestro or Maestro Fresh-Wes, is a Canadian rapper, record producer, and actor. His pioneering status and outstanding achievements have led to him being referred to as the "Godfather of Canadian hip hop".[2]

Also....

Last edited:
Apparently he's performing this Sunday at the billboard awards? Saw some ig post saying since 2009 and best I ever had, he's been on the billboard hot 100 every week

Last edited:
Drake blessed mandem with white/blue OVO 8s :pimp:

:x

Get these Candadian ***** out the paint
Who gonna do it ? certainly not YFN Lucci.
:lol: I don't know why mans so vexxed from a comedy skit, it's just bare jokes..... relax.

That Toronto slang got my head spinning :lol:

Thank goodness they got subs, I couldnt understand half the **** they saying. :lol:
while they're talking that T-dot slang, it's being translated to proper english making it more funny :rofl:

Last edited:
Drake blessed mandem with white/blue OVO 8s :pimp:
:lol: I don't know why mans so vexxed from a comedy skit, it's just bare jokes..... relax.

while they're talking that T-dot slang, it's being translated to proper english making it more funny :rofl:
Some of these yanks bruv. They hate what they don't understand. It's as if its embedded in them.

Last edited:
Na we understand. ***** weird tho. Sounds like some fake UK **** tbh. On some mandem take from di London mandem. Crazy init type ****.

Lol

Na we understand. ***** weird tho. Sounds like some fake UK **** tbh. On some mandem take from di London mandem. Crazy init type ****.

Lol

Hell yeah. It's funny how that Toronto accent is merging more and more closer to the U.K. accent. Y'all ***** didn't ALWAYS talk like that.

Feel like thats some 2010-now type ****.

Them ****** still ain't ordinary bruh. Get "mans" out the paint!!!

Hell yeah. It's funny how that Toronto accent is merging more and more closer to the U.K. accent. Y'all ***** didn't ALWAYS talk like that.

no they always talked like that since about 1970.

it isn't complex.

The reason UK and Toronto have similar slang is they opened up the boarders to immigration from the Caribbean at similar times.

People from he Caribbean started coming to Canada en masse in the late 60's early 70's, Caribbean people started going to UK in the late 50's early 60's.

and also different attitude towards multi cultralism in canada, it's enforced pretty stricty in school growing up where you learn Canada is a "cultural mosaic" not a "melting pots" immegrants aren't expected to blend in but rather things from their culture to the Canadian identity.

hence why canadain kids would be far more open to borrowing and mixing slang from different cultures, than americans.

Last edited:
it's hilarious to me that the idea that UK has some ownership over the slang of Caribbean diaspora.

I'm consistently baffled by Americans confusion by this, but then again y'all elected Donald Trump and are busy having arguments about whether Mexican immigrants braving life and limb to get to america are rapist and murders....

it's hilarious to me that the idea that UK has some ownership over the slang of Caribbean diaspora.

I'm consistently baffled by Americans confusion by this, but then again y'all elected Donald Trump and are busy having arguments about whether Mexican immigrants braving life and limb to get to america are rapist and murders....

The particular Canadian slang that, in my opinion has become more popular recently is definitely a derivative of the Caribbean diaspora in UK.

Thats they ****. Them Canada ***** stealing U.K. Sauce :lol:.

Like CLEARLY there is carribrean slang that's local to the island....but it's different depending on where they migrate too. UK got their distinct slang that's borne from Carribean/African culture etc.

Us got their own thing. Canada.....stealing sauce from U.K.

You're so off it's not event funny. You sound like the closest think to Canada you've experienced is Drake.

Yeah. Wavy you gotta go up there to really understand. It's honestly really nice. honestly I would move over there if a job was available in my field.

The particular Canadian slang that, in my opinion has become more popular recently is definitely a derivative of the Caribbean diaspora in UK.

Thats they ****. Them Canada ***** stealing U.K. Sauce :lol:.

Like CLEARLY there is carribrean slang that's local to the island....but it's different depending on where they migrate too. UK got their distinct slang that's borne from Carribean/African culture etc.

Us got their own thing. Canada.....stealing sauce from U.K.

Be specific, what slang do you believe is specifically UK?

What exactly did Toronto steal?

you sound ridiculous right now.

Last edited:
Yeah. Wavy you gotta go up there to really understand. It's honestly really nice. honestly I would move over there if a job was available in my field.

I hit a few jawns from there :lol:.

Going up there in August actually. Going be litty :pimp:.

Last edited:
I hit a few jawns from there :lol:.

Going up there in August actually. Going be litty :pimp:.

:pimp: hope you going for caribana because it's something serious. Too many yambs out there that love an American dude.

I might be headed up there around that time as well.

Other then the lit and fam and Bruv which I hear in t dot a lot, we always had that accent.

The quickest and easiest example is kardinal official. Bacardi slang.. I mean the guy made a whole song about t dot slang.

I'm not try a defend drake, if anything i hate that he uses our slang while being so soft.

Lanez met his idol

Back
Top Bottom