🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

CS was the first Drake project I ever heard.

I even remember the first record I ever heard from Drake, "Barry Bonds Freestyle." Was super cold then, still super cold now.
mans went in the whole song

'And your ex man is a hater officially
Probably cause he know I'm exactly what you wish he be
Yeah that's the reason why he looking hard
Cause I've done snatched the chips ahoy out the cookie jar
He just mad cause his girls at the house
With her tongue sticking out
Like a Michael Jordan rookie card
'

First thing I heard was Replacement Girl with Trey Songz
same here, remember watching the video on BET

I remember ****** laughed at me back in 2007 on here when I said son was going to be a problem :lol: (might still be on here somewhere)

I didn't think he'd be what he is now but I knew the guy was going to be famous for rapping.

IMG_4133.jpg

I remember going on datpiff back in spring '09 & having to download this. SFG made me a fan & then I had to go research his other projects. This tape is a classic & one of Drizzys most underrated projects. He was so raw back then. I wish he'd go back to spitting like this.

Used to front on drake cause he was light skinned. Heard so far gone and I couldnt deny his talent. When I heard November 18th .... man

Takes me awhile to get warmed up to newer artists...thought he was catered more to women listeners but after listening to Thank Me Later, I was obviously wrong.

When I look back at it, I might be a "hater" a little bit.

I was literally sold on him as a rapper the moment I heard Barry Bonds Freestyle.

I had no idea what he looked like, I still to this day haven't seen a degrassi episode, a friend told me to listen to it and I was immediately a fan. I remember at lunch listening to my friend's ipod, and the moment I got home hit Limewire for the rest of CS and RFI.

Ransom was the first song I ever heard. It was amidst the height of the Lil Wayne stannerry and I got into multiple arguments about why Drakes verse was better than the guy who rapped the entire alphabet.

I was sold at that point though.

Wayne verse on ransom was better than drakes.

Comeback season was fire

Heard Comeback Season on last.fm before So Far Gone dropped, was sold just off what I listened to on CS.

Stayed up all night stalking the OVO blogpost waiting for So Far Gone to drop.

Dude became King.

I was really disappointed they didn't do anything special for episode 50. I thought for sure Drake would have a mix or some new loosies would of dropped. Maybe I was looking into too much "50" being a milestone number.

The boy is getting cold.....:nerd:

All good runs must come to an end. He's 2014 Wayne right now. Drake going be washed by 2019.

He's definitely getting cold, More Life had singles that could've been pushed to keep the buzz/streak going.

Yeah, I don't really buy he's cold. He just hasn't release any official singles or videos for the playlist. Until he release an official ALBUM and he doesn't do well, then we'll say he's cold. Here's a fun fact though.

Drake is the artist with the most albums charting on this week's Billboard 200 (5).

More Life came out this year and spawned quite a few top 10 hits. We're in September now. Any other act would not be labeled cold with this sort of success.

Quiet? Sure. Cold? That's a stretch to me.

Yeah, only Album that sold more this year is K.DOT "DAMN" (it's still close though) and K.DOT went full promotion, tons of vids, singles, performing on shows etc..... Drizzy is doing just fine in a "down" year.

Back
Top Bottom