🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

I'm just used to seeing Drake in the convo of who's "running" it right now, I get he's seemingly purposely staying lowkey...

I honestly would've preferred videos from More Life than Views

You cant repeat views success in back to back years. They hype on views was crazy just gotta have the next album tucked and increase the buzz.

Perception is everything. Whether it's the truth or not

Drake know...let's see what the boy got up his sleeve

Yeah, I don't really buy he's cold. He just hasn't release any official singles or videos for the playlist. Until he release an official ALBUM and he doesn't do well, then we'll say he's cold. Here's a fun fact though.

Drake is the artist with the most albums charting on this week's Billboard 200 (5).

Most artists would give everything to do More Life numbers. That album is nowhere near a disappointment commercially.

You cant repeat views success in back to back years. They hype on views was crazy just gotta have the next album tucked and increase the buzz.

More Life dropped in March so it wasn't even a full year since Views. You right.

Static coulda been one of the GOATs smh. Makes me so sad when I see him pop up.

What do you think he would've been one of the goats at?

Not being sarcastic or condescending either, generally curious.

I know he had been around a pretty long time and worked with jodeci, Aliyah, etc. I believe he was a writer. That video above led me to other vids about him. Had no idea he was that innovative and influential.

What do you think he would've been one of the goats at?

Not being sarcastic or condescending either, generally curious.

I know he had been around a pretty long time and worked with jodeci, Aliyah, etc. I believe he was a writer. That video above led me to other vids about him. Had no idea he was that innovative and influential.

His pen game woulda been his biggest claim to fame. Dude was way ahead of his time with the sound. I definitely believe he would be in a similar lane that Dream has as far as writing for big names (Rihanna, Beyonce, etc). Examples of songs he wrote - Genuine "Pony" and "Same Ol G", many of Aaliyah's hits before she passed, and Pretty Ricky's early stuff.

Pretty Ricky kinda took his style and ran with it. Added some nasty raps and blew up.

Dude was producing shortly before he passed too. I think he made beats for Nas and Jay-Z but it's been awhile so I can't confirm that 100%.

The songs he was dropping still hold up too.

Edit: My personal favorite...

Of course, his biggest hit, right before he died...

Static Major appreciation :pimp:

Cheers 2 U coincidentally came on in rotation earlier today and I had Private Number set for a few girls' ringtones over the years (I might still, my phone stays on vibrate so I wouldn't eem know :lol:)

I always see a lot of his and Da Bassment crew in general's influence in Party.

His pen game woulda been his biggest claim to fame. Dude was way ahead of his time with the sound. I definitely believe he would be in a similar lane that Dream has as far as writing for big names (Rihanna, Beyonce, etc). Examples of songs he wrote - Genuine "Pony" and "Same Ol G", many of Aaliyah's hits before she passed, and Pretty Ricky's early stuff.

Pretty Ricky kinda took his style and ran with it. Added some nasty raps and blew up.

Dude was producing shortly before he passed too. I think he made beats for Nas and Jay-Z but it's been awhile so I can't confirm that 100%.

The songs he was dropping still hold up too.

Edit: My personal favorite...

Of course, his biggest hit, right before he died...

Ok so the reason I asked is because I don't think personally he would've gotten anymore notoriety than he had now simply because ppl aren't really privy to what goes on behind the scenes. Same way ppl think the dream career is a flop, and don't know he just wrote songs on future last album.

I mean really his catalogue is pretty extensive already. He's got over a decade of work done and is on many notable hits as you've named. As well as his sound was very innovative so who's to say he's not one of the goats now?

Ok so the reason I asked is because I don't think personally he would've gotten anymore notoriety than he had now simply because ppl aren't really privy to what goes on behind the scenes. Same way ppl think the dream career is a flop, and don't know he just wrote songs on future last album.

I mean really his catalogue is pretty extensive already. He's got over a decade of work done and is on many notable hits as you've named. As well as his sound was very innovative so who's to say he's not one of the goats now?

This all happened behind the scenes before the internet really took off. In this era I think his presence would have been felt way more. I mean he died RIGHT before Lollipop catapulted Wayne's career...his phone would have been ringing off the hook with artists trying to collab.

You do bring a good point about him already being one of the best all-around artists of our time. I guess for those in the know he is?

Buddy was wiping his prints off the door and letting off at the same time. Hit squad type ****.

Wow good catch.

Dudes was bout that for real.

To have that presence of mind to do that while making sure your mark is dead. Def not rookies and have done this before.

That is amazing that he remembered to wipe his prints in the midst of all that.

I wonder what caused this outcome for him, money, a girl, payback from way back.

This hit seems well done though.

:smh:

Shame though, RIP.

“Bria’s Interlude” got me willing to risk it all for a woman that don’t even know it :smh:

Back
Top Bottom