🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Off first listen there's not too much I have problems with.

Side A > Side B for me. I felt like he was rapping his *** off on Side A. Talking his ****. Don't have any real qualms with Side A. Peak Drake raps, great production, I loved it.

I love the high points on Side B. After Dark, In My Feelings, and some others. but the low points are when it gets too slow and cringey like on Ratchet Happy Birthday. That song is ridiculous.

Overall, I loved the album off first listen.

tenor.gif

So Far Gone is the equivalent of a varsity football highlight tape, yeah it’s dope, but until you prove yourself in the pros, it means nothing.

I remember you trying to back up Drake when Nothing was the Same dropped, I disagree with your entire NT career. And I already know NT has dirt on me That’s how whack and average Drake is to me. He has SOME enjoyable songs, but even the enjoyable tracks have the same content. He’s nothing more than a rap Post Malone who’s manufactured to reach young white girls. Simple as that. Live with it.

we get it u hate drake lol yall talkin back n forth about views sucks versus it's dope is a broken record now

So Far Gone is the equivalent of a varsity football highlight tape, yeah it’s dope, but until you prove yourself in the pros, it means nothing.

The fact that you are in this thread listening to HIS album the minute it releases says he’s proven himself. Are you gonna be in the Post Malone thread the night his album drops?

Does Drake have a classic?

By what metric because despite his image and how successful he's been in the pop lane, he'll go down as a rapper who sings a lot, not the inverse.

So with that said, how many rappers who use this much melody have bonafide classics? We champion life after death, All Eyes On Me, Doggystyle, Good Kid, etc. in our culture as classics, so there's no way Drake will ever have classics in our culture.

I personally think he has a few, but in this culture? Nah.

Back
Top Bottom