🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Loving "Hold On." Was NOT expecting this sound. Take Care overall was very dark (in a good way.) This is the total opposite. I always appreciate when artists take risks and surprise you. A lot of people are going to hate this song, a lot of people will love it, and that's exactly what you'd want from a guy like Drake. 

I would take The Motion over Hold On any day though. The Motion is
smokin.gif

I wonder out of all these songs he's released recently (motion, versace, jodeci, all me, hold on) how many are going to be on the album

You could love or hate this song but you have to respect how versatile this guy is. I don't there is another guy in hip hop, EVER, that has been able to capture as many DIFFERENT, diverse sets of fans. White girls from the burbs and black girls from the hood are gonna eat this one up, then consider that earlier last year he sang a hook talking bout how his "******* love me." Had a single like SFTB, then All Me, now this. It's like dude really cast a huge net on every music fan demographic and was able to connect with them in some way. 

What other artist in rap does that? Yeah, "everyone" loves Jay Z. Even white girls from the burbs. But do you really think white girls from the burbs are vibin to a Jay Z album or reciting his lyrics (other than NIP?) Drake has that demographic giving him money, as well as you and I, and everyone in between. 

That's initially what I thought, but then I thought well maybe their "beef" is something "WE" (the consumers) created . Just because they haven't rocked with eachother publicly in some years doesn't mean they're beefing. Maybe all those subliminals we hear are towards somebody else :lol: but idk.......... Don't really think Kanye will be there regardless :lol:

No. They had beef. Kanye had beef with 40 as well.

Hold On We're Going Home doesn't suck suck, but when I hear it, it sounds like what should be playing while Kurt Russell is driving down the highway in his 18 wheeler in Big Trouble In Little China.

Oh well, minus Mediocre Sean and L_l' Wa_n_ on his last couple songs, Drake has pretty much been money.

All of these recent tracks he has released are garbage. The motion, Versace, All me, and now this abomination.

Joint sounds like something you wear a dress and pick flowers in the park type of song. 

No. They had beef. Kanye had beef with 40 as well.

I remember hearing something about ye saying 40 stole his sound (but drake was on all of the lights after that) ...... But explain the "beef" I just always remember people saying they were throwing subliminal shots

Last edited:
I remember hearing something about ye saying 40 stole his sound (but drake was on all of the lights after that) ...... But explain the "beef" I just always remember people saying they were throwing subliminal shots

Basically, **** was just all out of competition between the two that led to them having an estranged music relationship in which they fell out. Not directly, but they just stopped messing with each other and stopped talking to each other completely.

Drake notably took shots at Ye in Dreams Money can Buy, I'm on One, Club Paradise, and his Wildfire Remix. Drake kind of confirmed this estranged relationship when he talked about Ye after the OVO Fest last night.

laugh.gif
nobody was taking shots at anyone.  people reach.

they didn't work with each other.  simple as that.  it could have been because of what kanye said about 40 biting his style, which wasn't even really a diss since kanye talks a lot and 40 before and after the fact said he got his whole production style from 808s and heartbreaks, but drake was on All of the Lights AFTER the fact (AFTER wildfire remix which wasn't a ye sub, after dreams, and after i'm on one -- all of which are just generic drake **** talking records and then people reach to figure out if he's speaking on anyone in particular.)

the only thing substantial in the whole "beef" is that Ye said 40 was biting him, common came at drake's neck for his own personal (serena williams) reasons, and Pusha T and Lil Wayne dissed each other.  That's it.  The fact that Drake and Kanye actually collabed after all of that seems to be lost on people. 

same people saying (wishing) that drake's been dissing jay-z for years.

Sometimes ****** are just too busy doing their own thing.  I don't know why that's so hard for rap fans to accept.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom