🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

:lol: nobody was taking shots at anyone.  people reach.

they didn't work with each other.  simple as that.  it could have been because of what kanye said about 40 biting his style, which wasn't even really a diss since kanye talks a lot and 40 before and after the fact said he got his whole production style from 808s and heartbreaks, but drake was on All of the Lights AFTER the fact (AFTER wildfire remix which wasn't a ye sub, after dreams, and after i'm on one -- all of which are just generic drake **** talking records and then people reach to figure out if he's speaking on anyone in particular.)

the only thing substantial in the whole "beef" is that Ye said 40 was biting him, common came at drake's neck for his own personal (serena williams) reasons, and Pusha T and Lil Wayne dissed each other.  That's it.  The fact that Drake and Kanye actually collabed after all of that seems to be lost on people. 

same people saying (wishing) that drake's been dissing jay-z for years.

Sometimes ****** are just too busy doing their own thing.  I don't know why that's so hard for rap fans to accept.

But see, All of The Lights came out BEFORE DMCB, Wildfire Remix, Club Paradise, and I'm One One which is completely opposite of what you said...

"In Rap, sometimes we dont communicate enough. Its extremely competitive. Me and Ye hadn't talked until he got on stage"

"It feels like, you know, after tonight who knows maybe we can do music now, like we were supposed to, or maybe we just start talking more,"

-Drake on Kanye West last night.

Obviously there was a silent rift between the two. Even if it was just stemmed from an extremely competitive standpoint. Ye went from throwing drake on records, directing his videos, etc. to not even talking to him as the man just said last night. Something was up.

Jay-Z has even admitted to hearing the subtile disses from Drake. "The throne is for the taking" line from I'm On One. Jay-Z acknowledged it was directed at him and ye. "Lately it went from top 5 to remaining 5, my favorite rappers either lost it or they ain't alive" another shot at ye. A bunch of other lines but, yeah my point is that it clearly was something that was going on between the two.

Last edited:
i'm sure there was a rift.  and the throne line was a direct shot.

wildfire is a reach.  and all of the lights remix was march 2011, the wildfire joint was may so i mean thats a tiny amount of time to go from collabing on a megatrack to "i already tried with a lot of these ******".  maybe drake did feel some kind of way about beats or there was competition, but the so called diss track are reaches.

not to mention drake is always beefing with some rnb singer or no name toronto rapper.  people just want to believe half the things hes saying is directed at people they recognize as opposed to just being a rapper doing rapper type things -- talking **** to no one in particular.

i'm sure there was a rift.  and the throne line was a direct shot.

wildfire is a reach.  and all of the lights remix was march 2011, the wildfire joint was may so i mean thats a tiny amount of time to go from collabing on a megatrack to "i already tried with a lot of these ******".  maybe drake did feel some kind of way about beats or there was competition, but the so called diss track are reaches.

not to mention drake is always beefing with some rnb singer or no name toronto rapper.  people just want to believe half the things hes saying is directed at people they recognize as opposed to just being a rapper doing rapper type things -- talking **** to no one in particular.

All of the Lights was released in March. Wildfire didn't come out until May. That's two months. Not counting the fact that I highly doubt he cut the record in March anyway.

"So and so just walked in so what? I don't really vibe with a lot of these ******, I ain't really into giving more than one chance I den' already tried with a lot these ****** **** that" Yeah that's rapper talk, but at the same time it could be applied to Ye since according to Drake himself, they weren't on speaking terms. "He already tried with a lot of these ******" including Ye

"My top five either lost it or they ain't alive" Ye is without a doubt in his top 5, he said that himself. Sure it could be a reach, but that's almost as direct as you can get without mentioning a name.

"Certain rappers would call me to say what up doe, I used to brag about it to my friends...now i'm feeling like all of these ****** cut throat, and maybe that's all they do is just pretend" Pretty obvious to me. Ye went from all in Drake's career to not even speaking to him, as stated in his interview last night.

They could be labeled as reaches, but not really, :lol: considering they weren't even speaking to each other. Another instance when Drake threw shade at Ye (And Jay) in an interview overseas, saying that they stole the idea of a duo album from him. I wouldn't call it a "Beef," but its almost obvious that there was a rift between the two and there were definitely competitive shots thrown at Ye in the raps.

I've spent the last 4 years wondering that son
roll.gif
roll.gif

I've just assumed that he's fried at all times..
roll.gif
roll.gif

Same here.

You're a good girl and you know it.

This that ishhh
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

More R&B.

Although the track is "different".. it really isnt a that out of ordinary.

It kind of sounds like a "Lets Call if Off" type song... like the vibe. Maybe its just me..

I like it, regardless.

Last edited:
Pretty obvious Drake's thrown shots at Ye & Jay...the Yoda line on The Ride was def at Jay nobody can deny that

Whoever saying they don't/weren't taking shots at each other are completely in denial. Not to the point to where they want to fight each other but it was "healthy competition" as Jay would say.

OAN, Just Hold On = Find Your Love 2.0 IMO

:edit: For ppl saying they've worked together during/after the beef, that means nothing. We all know how mogs will do just about anything for $$$ & are phony ie the old rappers tweets fiasco

Last edited:
i finally heard the new track and that **** is pure Medellin..
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

and i'm probably one of aubrey's biggest critics.

that Daft Punk influence has been heavy this year, i'm not even mad at that.

Kanye on Drake some time ago

Drake was the first thing that actually scared me and put pressure on me, because it was the first thing that was blatantly from a similar perspective and lane. When I feel pressure, I step my game up. So I believe that Drake made great music for people to love and enjoy, but he also forced me to step my game up, because I have to be Kanye West.

It’s me and 40 just channeling our Quincy Jones/Michael Jackson production duo. Obviously no offense to the greats, I know we’re not anywhere near that — it’s just us kinda doing our thing, humbly attempting.

It’s not a rap record. It’s not ‘Versace,’ it’s not ‘Started From the Bottom.’ In approaching this album I was like man, it would be great if we had a record that was played at weddings in 10 years or that people that are away from their families in the army could listen to. Something that just [has] timeless writing, timeless melody. So I did it with the group that we signed to OVO called Majid Jordan.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/9440...t-a-record-like-hold-on-were-going-home.jhtml
I don't know if it'll get wedding plays or if it'll even be remembered 10 years from now, but it's a good song to ride around to for the time being
pimp.gif

Kanye on Drake some time ago

I remember this. This was around the time Drake was starting to really bubble, like in 09' or 10'. Back when they were still actually talking to each other.

Hold on, Were going home is :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: digging this record heavy. Loveeee the pace and rhythm of it man.

Guess drake is never going to be a REAL boss... idk y he wants to sign his life to ymcmb. He'd be so better off by himself. Smh..

It's a wedding song. 

"It’s not a rap record,” he then added. “It’s not ‘Versace,’ it’s not ‘Started From the Bottom.’ In approaching this album I was like man, it would be great if we had a record that was played at weddings in 10 years or that people that are away from their families in the army could listen to. Something that just has timeless writing, timeless melody. So I did it with the group that we signed to OVO called Majid Jordan."

http://thesource.com/2013/08/07/drake-talks-with-mtv-says-hold-on-were-going-home-is-a-wedding-song/

It's a wedding song. 

"It’s not a rap record,” he then added. “It’s not ‘Versace,’ it’s not ‘Started From the Bottom.’ In approaching this album I was like man, it would be great if we had a record that was played at weddings in 10 years or that people that are away from their families in the army could listen to. Something that just has timeless writing, timeless melody. So I did it with the group that we signed to OVO called Majid Jordan."

http://thesource.com/2013/08/07/drake-talks-with-mtv-says-hold-on-were-going-home-is-a-wedding-song/

:lol: drake trying to get that "Good Ridance (time of your life)"/ "I hope you dance"/ "Graduation Song" money. It's smart i guess....but this isn't that song.....id rather play Started from the Bottom at my wedding in 10 years :lol:

And Practice on the night of the wedding :evil:

[h1]Drake On “New” Big Tymers: “I Didn’t Get the Phone Call About That”[/h1]
“I didn’t get the phone call about that,” Drake told MTV News, clearly caught off guard by the question, and even glancing over at his management for answers. “But I’m sure I’ll be involved.”

“Mannie Fresh is an incredible guy and of course Birdman is one of a kind,” he said. “I think I heard about it or watched some of it, and then I got people being like, ‘You’ll never be a Big Tymer, your **** is terrible… just going off on me.”

“So I’m not the one being like, ‘Oh I’m a new Big Tymer,’” he added, laughing. “[But] I’m down though, to work on anything. If Birdman calls me to work on something I’ma work on it.”

video: http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/944784/drake-down-to-work-on-big-tymers-reunion.jhtml
laugh.gif
@ his reaction.  Hope they keep the rest of Young Money off of it though...

Back
Top Bottom