🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Jas Prince like Keyser Soze.

His son seem like a lame though, especially after he goofed up his relationship with YMCMB.

Drake still kept it cordial probably for this reason. :lol:

Its been a year since NWTS dropped and looking back the album was a huuuge disappointment. Maybe its because reviews hinted at the album being more focus on rap less singing. Or the fact that 5 am in Toronto and Jodecie Back were flames. Than seeing the cohesive tracklist and Drake saying this is going to be his magnum opus type album like Blueprint (not direct quote). Than anticapating Drake responding to Kendricks Control and his acclaim as the #1 rapper. Drake really just missed his mark and an opportunity to make a classic. He got lazy and wasnt even dropping 2 to 3 verses on most tracks.

1.)Tuscan Leather - The first beat is highly suspect and Drake sounds off on it. The second beat turns up and he rapping his *** off. That final beat was sick and Drake kills it. (Dope Cut)

2.) Furthest Thing - Some Sing/Raps that work the beat switches to a nice Jake One beat and Drake gives me a half *** verse and completely waste one of the better producers out right now. SMH (Solid)

3.) Started From The Bottom: Dope single wouldn't have mind another verse. (Dope)

4.) Wu Tang Forever - Dope cut would have preferred another verse. 1 verse screams laziness to me. If you want to be considered the King of Rap you just got to rap more. (Dope)

5.) Own It - Decent track. I woulndn't have mind if they combined this track with Wu Forever. They blend together perfectly. Another 1 verse track for Drizzy

6.) Worst Behavior - Probably one of the worst Drake tracks Ive heard. Dope beat nice hook but you waste 3 minutes saying absolutely nothing. No rapping just bull****ting on a record before dropping a nice verse. Its hard to take you serious as a rapper. And its hard to sit there waiting for you to drop a verse. Skip status. Its a great change of pace for the monotone of the album but Trophies should have made it in this song slot hands down. SMH

7.) From Time - Dope track. Venting Drake is always great Drake and we actually get 3 verses this time.

8.)Hold ON Where Going Home - Easily a Top 5 worst Drake track. **** like this kill apart of my soul. I dig his rnb tracks like Real Her, Shot For Me, Good Girls Go, I Get Lonely Too and Fall For Your Type. But this track is so trash. I know you got to get the ladies to buy your albums but I hate this song.

9.) Connect - The ultimate late night get out of work or late night get out the club track. Dig the vibe the storytelling. Didn't peep the sound of him getting into the car and taking off to the chick right away. Its def one of the best tracks on the album.

10.) The Language - Versace Flow recycled. Sneak dissin @ K.Dot and all. Its an okay track but at this point of the album and in Drakes career you expect better.

11.) 305 To My City - At this point of the album I got REAL DEPRESSED. Like really? This is album worthy? You claiming you the best with this quality of material on your album? I only made it through this song once and deleted it immediately. Top 5 worse Drake track.

12.)Too Much - Classic track. That beat during Drakes bars is immaculate. Just a perfect example of great bars and beat. My only critic is that we needed another verse or they should have let that beat during Drakes bars fade on the outro of the track.

13.) Pound Cake/Paris Morton Music 2 - Dope verse from Drake but why does it feel like a Jay track and how is Jay having more verses than Drake on his own album track. Another example of being too lazy and complacent. PP2 didn't do the original no justice either. I would have like more bars on it as well. Drakes lack of rapping during the album makes me believe he wasn't pushed as much as he should have been. Especially with Kendrick claiming King of Rap.

4/5

Man you out yo mind if you think hold on were going home is one of his worst songs. That ho too smooth
smokin.gif
every song too smooth :xmascryfam:

Man you out yo mind if you think hold on were going home is one of his worst songs. That ho too smooth :smokin

Blasphemy I tell ya!!! HOWGH one of he best ballads to drop in years. Drizzy won.

I know we all have our opinions but NWTS being an average/ok album is crazy to me. It's clearly his best album he and 40 went all the way in on this project. The verses on Take Care(other than' look what youve done') and TML don't compare to NWTS. NWTS got some long verses I guess that could be the reason ppl like TML or Take Care more? NWTS was the growth he needed to show IMO.

Does that actually look official to you? :lol:

:lol: i don't know what I was thinking hah.

Hold On Were going home had a good beat/flow, but nothing was said in the song.
Its the same 30 words repeated.

NWTS was a dope album though I thought it was a bit soft. I was hoping for more tracks like started from the bottom or trophies.
NWTS still gets a lot of play on my ipod.

Blasphemy I tell ya!!! HOWGH one of he best ballads to drop in years. Drizzy won.

I know we all have our opinions but NWTS being an average/ok album is crazy to me. It's clearly his best album he and 40 went all the way in on this project. The verses on Take Care(other than' look what youve done') and TML don't compare to NWTS. NWTS got some long verses I guess that could be the reason ppl like TML or Take Care more? NWTS was the growth he needed to show IMO.

Lyrically Take Care was more impressive. UGK, The Ride, HYFR, Lord Knows, Over My Dead Body, Look What Youve Done. TC had more hip hop songs and Drake was actually rapper the majority of the time. I would take Take Cares cutting room floor tracks over the highs on NWTS.

​
Take Care was a classic to me because it perfectly sonically defined the time it came out in, and for the most part I can listen to it all way through . . . except for some of those slow songs​
 ​
I've said it a million times on here before but that would have been a certified classic if he made it a double album with all the extra tracks he had out at the time​
This. I consider it a classic given the time it released and the poi
laugh.gif
i don't know what I was thinking hah.

Hold On Were going home had a good beat/flow, but nothing was said in the song.
Its the same 30 words repeated.

NWTS was a dope album though I thought it was a bit soft. I was hoping for more tracks like started from the bottom or trophies.
NWTS still gets a lot of play on my ipod.
HOWGW had the same 30 words repeated by design. It's a sing a long song that you could play at any wedding and people could vibe to. It's a song that both my 50 year old dad and 16 year old brother could enjoy. 

that double entendre in the line just hit me
sick.gif

"it's gross what I net"

gross = your check before taxes, net = your check after taxes...this dude either doesn't pay taxes or makes THAT much money
laugh.gif

and then of course gross as in, it's disgusting (in a good way) what he nets (in pay)

he could've tried to flip it one more way talking about the net(s), since Jay was affiliated with them.

or net like internet.

6.) Worst Behavior - Probably one of the worst Drake tracks Ive heard. Dope beat nice hook but you waste 3 minutes saying absolutely nothing. No rapping just bull****ting on a record before dropping a nice verse. Its hard to take you serious as a rapper. And its hard to sit there waiting for you to drop a verse. Skip status. Its a great change of pace for the monotone of the album but Trophies should have made it in this song slot hands down. SMH
giphy.gif

No..........

that double entendre in the line just hit me :x

"it's gross what I net"

gross = your check before taxes, net = your check after taxes...this dude either doesn't pay taxes or makes THAT much money :lol:
and then of course gross as in, it's disgusting (in a good way) what he nets (in pay)

he could've tried to flip it one more way talking about the net(s), since Jay was affiliated with them.
or net like internet.
That line hit me first time I heard it :pimp:

You look at your pay stubs or nah?

that double entendre in the line just hit me :x

"it's gross what I net"

gross = your check before taxes, net = your check after taxes...this dude either doesn't pay taxes or makes THAT much money :lol:

or net like internet.
That line hit me first time I heard it :pimp:

You look at your pay stubs or nah?

I try not to, too much money being taken smh

Back
Top Bottom