🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Future's music has a lot of soul, it's hard to explain. It's like an audible journal and you can hear the pain and emotion in his voice. It's hard to explain. Every now and then he'll drop a lyric with some substance,(eg. 'i disguise pain when I make it rain') but I think cats be going overboard, calling his music gospels and such. I'm hoping that's a running joke.

He makes ignorant music (put your dirty cape down, son refers to his own music as ignorant) and has a gritty charisma that is mysteriously enchanting. He also picks amazing beats that match his voice very well.

It's like you can feel his tragedy and his triumph, and people can relate to that.

"rich ****a since birth, Louis V chinchilla/just bought a brand new Rover, drive it like a 4 wheeler". J Cole coulda spit that same verse and I wouldn't give a good got damn about it.

Future spits it and I'm forgetting about the bs that went down at work this week and contemplating pulling up in the range Rover dealership".

His work won't resonate with everyone, if you don't like him, you probably never will. Dude dude just comes off as authentic and either you roll with that or you don't.
This sums it up almost perfectly. Future is by no means a great lyricist on a technical level but everything he says he says it in a way that's memorable.

Codeine crazy for example; he's not using complex rhyme schemes or any serious lyrical skills but yet this song remains a masterpiece because of some real **** he's saying and the way he's delivering those bars.

Hands down my favorite artist ever. 

Last edited:
Future has songs and lines with substance. Yes. You don't have to be Kendrick to have a little substance. But let's not go overboard now.

About to be my new avy

SRS

this might be the only song i've heard with "substance" from Future, guess i'm not too familiar with his catalog.

I'm an avid Future fan and I definitely don't think his music is riddled with a lot of "substance." Sometimes I don't get people's infatuation to make Future's music more than what it is.

Like they'll quote a line like my man above did ""I just ****** up your whole check, on my rollie!" come on 
laugh.gif
 While I'll admit that he has moments where he's not ignorant and trying to be real (My favorite is probably 'Hardly') they are few and far between and for the most part, you pretty much know what you're getting from Future. The man who'll sell his Auntie that raw.

What I detest however, is someone saying Future doesn't have any substance then try and say Drake has some substance. You cannot tell me that Drake's music is littered with more substance than Future's hell no. For all intents and purposes, Drake has become a Future / PND hybrid since NWTS with better raps. Most of the times when I hear a drake record nowadays, it screams Future / PND to me. Even further back into Take Care, "Cameras" sounds just like "Tony Montana." Not that this is a bad thing or anything, but Drake's "Substance" and Future's "Substance" is pretty much the same.

Also, I find it funny how Drake can't talk about certain things on records but Future can say the most outlandish **** on records, things we know are so outlandish that they never happened or is clearly embellishing, but he gets a pass. Drake sings and it's soft. Future sings and it's "FUTURE HENDRIX OMG FUTURE VANDROSS!" 
laugh.gif

/minirant

this might be the only song i've heard with "substance" from Future, guess i'm not too familiar with his catalog.
This is the worst song on this tape for multiple reasons, most importantly I dont want to hear Rick Ross rap about being in love with women. Rap about money and drug dealing, stay in your wheelhouse. This kind of song wasnt even needed, this is a mixtape its not like he needed single/radio bait. 

Anti rap records about women can be good ya know 
laugh.gif

Hardly hardly hardly hardly hardly hardly hardly forget anything

pimp.gif

Wash the molly down with champagne, 

Wash the xanax down with syrup yeah,

Hope it take away all this damn pain,

tired.gif

Lowkey most underrated record to me from his current run. Shows a very valid attempt at connecting the ignorant (For lack of a better term) lifestyle with his real life. Very rare moment of vulnerability for Fewtch. 

Last edited:
****** post one basic line and act like that's how all his songs are. Future does make ignorant music like 95% of the industry, but he also makes music that's reflective, real, and motivational...IF you can relate. So many people tell me "I like Future but I don't understand what he be saying"...So if you're not a fan or just riding the train you won't get it...this dude shoeking2102 shoeking2102 just said "serve his auntie some raw" and he's an "avid future fan".

I'll serve my auntie some water
**** I'll serve my mama some water

The difference between raw and water completely changes the meaning and impact of those bars...If you don't see how deep that line goes then continue to [emoji]128564[/emoji][emoji]128564[/emoji], it just might not be for you.

****** post one basic line and act like that's how all his songs are. Future does make ignorant music like 95% of the industry, but he also makes music that's reflective, real, and motivational...IF you can relate. So many people tell me "I like Future but I don't understand what he be saying"...So if you're not a fan or just riding the train you won't get it...this dude @shoeking2102 just said "serve his auntie some raw" and he's an "avid future fan".

I'll serve my auntie some water
**** I'll serve my mama some water

The difference between raw and water completely changes the meaning and impact of those bars...If you don't see how deep that line goes then continue to [emoji]128564[/emoji][emoji]128564[/emoji], it just might not be for you.
Dude, 

Shut up 
laugh.gif
 You essentially just alluded to my point. In my post I clearly said that he does make that reflective, real music but it's far and few between, especially during this run. 

Last edited:
Definitely can't be that familiar with his catalog by picking that song :lol: that's the worst song off Ross' tape, and one of the worst Future songs in general.

They cant though. Rap songs about loving women are the most part forced and disingenuous.

Rick Ross shouldnt be making songs like that.

Dude, 

Shut up :lol:  You essentially just alluded to my point. In my post I clearly said that he does make that reflective, real music but it's far and few between, especially during this run. 

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm using your example as an example. You're a future fan and didn't know that he was saying water instead of raw in that line...So if a certified future fan didn't understand that, I KNOW a passive listener or somebody just riding the hype didn't. But that's just one line, he has plenty more.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm using your example as an example. You're a future fan and didn't know that he was saying water instead of raw in that line...So if a certified future fan didn't understand that, I KNOW a passive listener or somebody just riding the hype didn't. But that's just one line, he has plenty more.
Oh in that case, I understand you. I feel what you're saying.

My bad 7th

Last edited:
What the hell has the Hip-Hop fan turned into when Ns are really trying to say Future has substantive music.

Young Thug also talks about washing Xannys down with codeine, so y'all could miss me with that :lol:

Last edited:
What the hell has the Hip-Hop fan turned into when Ns are really trying to say Future has substantive music.

Young Thug also talks about washing Xannys down with codeine, so y'all could miss me with that :lol:

You can't really compare Future to Thug. They just both good with the melodies and picking beats.Thug really be rambling and just saying whatever..but it's his flow and funny lil lines he drops that'll keep you entertained....You know, like Lil Wayne

Young thug and futures producers deserve grammys seriously. Young thug is one of the worst rappers I've ever heard but sometimes his beats be knocking so hard you gotta just tolerate his trash verses, not to mention the SUS **** he be saying on the track.

I'm an avid Future fan and I definitely don't think his music is riddled with a lot of "substance." Sometimes I don't get people's infatuation to make Future's music more than what it is.

Like they'll quote a line like my man above did ""I just ****** up your whole check, on my rollie!" come on :lol:  While I'll admit that he has moments where he's not ignorant and trying to be real (My favorite is probably 'Hardly') they are few and far between and for the most part, you pretty much know what you're getting from Future. The man who'll sell his Auntie that raw.

What I detest however, is someone saying Future doesn't have any substance then try and say Drake has some substance. You cannot tell me that Drake's music is littered with more substance than Future's hell no. For all intents and purposes, Drake has become a Future / PND hybrid since NWTS with better raps. Most of the times when I hear a drake record nowadays, it screams Future / PND to me. Even further back into Take Care, "Cameras" sounds just like "Tony Montana." Not that this is a bad thing or anything, but Drake's "Substance" and Future's "Substance" is pretty much the same.

Also, I find it funny how Drake can't talk about certain things on records but Future can say the most outlandish **** on records, things we know are so outlandish that they never happened or is clearly embellishing, but he gets a pass. Drake sings and it's soft. Future sings and it's "FUTURE HENDRIX OMG FUTURE VANDROSS!" :lol:

/minirant

Nah :lol:

All ya'll talking down on Future, ya'll better not bump this tape droppin :lol:

Back
Top Bottom