🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

drake didnt even try on jumpman, i thought he was atleast gonna take over the tape lyrically and future even got him on that

:rofl: idk what dudes is hearing, drake killed that ****

Why?

His biggest strength is his versatility.He can't be "that" drake all the time. There's true merit in his versatility. It's a big reason why he is where he is now

Anybody who says that just isn't realistic or even really appreciates Drake as an artist.

The reason he's been able to get to this level is his ability to make great songs not great raps.

Drake is a hit maker through and through, yes he can turn on the lyrical ability on a joint with no hooks and I appreciate when he does but I appreciate his songs with great hooks more and so does the rest of the world.

U think drake kills everything b so we don't take that serious. That's like me saying he was trash on it [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji].

Man there is no middle ground in this thread :lol:
Jumpman is a hot song doe
Got me rockin jays to work :smokin :lol:

His first few albums had plenty of versatility, but had that undeniable Drake sound. Now his "versatility" is just doing what somebody else does. That's my complaint. When he's just a Future or Migos copy it's not exciting. When he's Drake featuring Drake those songs always bang. And I agree with awwsome, he makes hits, period.

Anybody who says that just isn't realistic or even really appreciates Drake as an artist.

The reason he's been able to get to this level is his ability to make great songs not great raps.

Drake is a hit maker through and through, yes he can turn on the lyrical ability on a joint with no hooks and I appreciate when he does but I appreciate his songs with great hooks more and so does the rest of the world.
No I agree with you. He's obviously a fantastic hitmaker, and his ability as an artist and not just rapper is unquestioned. 

What I'm saying is that there is a reason why he doesn't stick to just the "The Calm / 30 for 30 Freestyle" over 40 beats. By being able to be versatile enough to go into other realms and do so in an elite fashion, only makes him bigger as an artist instead of just sticking to one formula. 

Also his biggest strength IS indeed his versatility. Hotline Bling is his biggest record since HOWGH. He just dropped a trap tape w/future. That is the definition of versatile and I would argue that records like HOWGH, Hotline Bling, even a Marvin's Room in conjunction with records like SFTB is why his versatility is his biggest strength.

Last edited:
drake literally hopped in the booth and said "make me like future" while tying his ovo jordans

the hype got you dudes brainwashed by this rushed product that they knew would generate money just because of who they are

Drake is following a formula that has made him the biggest artist in the game, so I can't knock him, but there is part of me that wishes he'd stop being this chameleon and just spit fire. He's capable but we rarely see it outside of one track on a project. I mean if he wanted to I think he could do a project with 9am in Dallas, 5am in Toronto, 6pm in NY and 30 for 30 type songs on there but that's not where he got to where he is now. I think it'd garner him more respect as a MC not that he really needs it for his commercial success though, which may factor in to why his more recent stuff feels lazy.

drake literally hopped in the booth and said "make me like future" while tying his ovo jordans

the hype got you dudes brainwashed by this rushed product that they knew would generate money just because of who they are

"make me like future" while putting on his ovo jordans :lol:

Has Ross dropped anything recently worth naming him for a collab album?

Recently no. Black Dollar was ok. Sadly the time for a Ross/Drake tape has passed. It should have been around the Deeper than Rap/Teflon Don era Ross right before Take Care released.

Crying at Black Dollar being "ok". That was Ross' best release in years, probably only a notch below Rich Forever.

But to answer, Ross and Drake collabs have just been better than Drake/Future. They mesh better.

Black dollar was vintage Ross. I'd rather Ross and drake collab cuz at least they mesh and drake never blatantly took Ross style.

if catering to the ladies means versatility then i guess, to me hes just very marketable because hes a lightskin dude thats clean cut, thats a industry execs greatest gift, and you can obviously see how good marketing can brainwash people

I guarantee when Gucci get out drake is one of the first ones to do a song with or even maybe try to do a tape. I pray to god wop decline but he'd be crazy to do that from a business standpoint.

Iono I only heard  the whole Drake sounding like Future on a few songs. Not the entire tape. Guess I'll listen again on the way to school. It's crazy how nobody else complains about other rappers using the flo tho.

After multiple listens I'm just not really into it... I mean it's not bad but it's not the Drake that I like, luckily I didn't hype it up because I kind of knew that I wouldn't love it.

I hope vft6 is more of the album type Drake that I'm more into than the mixtape Drake. I still give him props for giving the fans music however and hope this is very successful

I guarantee when Gucci get out drake is one of the first ones to do a song with or even maybe try to do a tape. I pray to god wop decline but he'd be crazy to do that from a business standpoint.

Gucci & Drake still aint done a song together. Something tells me that theres a lil more to that cuz if he wanted to they woulda been collabed. I mean just look at all the ppl Gucci has collabed with

VFT6 isn't going to be like drakes last two projects. History shows that all his albums are much more of original drake sound. IF and what a time to be alive are just way more trap influenced. Hence, a future collab

Back
Top Bottom