🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

drake-chains.png

http://www.mtv.com/videos...paradise-tourmates.jhtml

http://www.mtv.com/videos...flect-life-changes.jhtml

http://www.mtv.com/videos...the-new-generation.jhtml

2chainz-nolie.jpg

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Does anybody remember the name of that UNOFFICIAL mixtape that dropped shortly before Thank Me Later dropped?

No more thank yous

[h2]Drake Speaks On Upcoming Collabos[/h2]
Tuesday, April 24 2012 9:05 PM EST | Posted by: Amaya | Posted in: Blog, Focus

During his conference call with MTV, Drake spoke his upcoming collaborations with tour mates 2 Chainz (“No Lieâ€

Originally Posted by AME416

Take Care was an absolute masterpiece.
Naw.  Over my dead body sucks, HYFR sucks, Practice was forgettable, Take Care was eh (but I understand why he made it/put it on the album).  You take off the crappy songs and add "hate sleeping alone", "club paradise" and "dreams money can buy" and Id pretty much agree with your statement.

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

SFG> Take Care> TML... All 3 are Amazing
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Agreed. If it was not mentioned in the thread few posts back...I almost forgot about the mixtape "No More thank yous" 
and how sick the beat is for "9am In Dallas" was....been 2 years since i heard this song and its been on repeat past 2 days 

Boi-1da went in on that 9am in Dallas 
sick.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif

Got a chance to hear "No Lie" yesterday. That joint is slammin.' 
pimp.gif

Definitely a hit for 2chainz when it comes out, and Drake comes correct.

But I definitely thought Take Care was the best Hip-Hop album of 2011. Light years better than TML, which imo was pretty good. Still play it. The only forgettable joints off that album for me was Over My Dead body, Doing it wrong, The real her, Make me proud because of Minaj's verse, and I could have done without HYFR. But, because he dropped Free Spirit, Club Paradise, Dreams Money Can Buy, Hate Sleeping Alone, etc. he more than makes up for that.

[h1]Drake to Executive Produce Posthumous Aaliyah Album?[/h1]
by Erika Ramirez, N.Y.   |   August 01, 2012 3:25 EDT

Read more at http://www.billboard.com/column/the...-aaliyah-1007721352.story#xHIJ7CHpRPqj7b2i.99

Report says Drake will also debut an Aaliyah-assited song at 2012 OVO Festival

1136869-drake-617-409.jpg

Larry Busacca/Getty Images

[h2]Artists in this Article[/h2]
p17228chqhg.jpg

Aaliyah

p72591fqxox.jpg

Drake

[h2]Related Articles[/h2]
Drake Announces 2012 OVO Fest Lineup

For the third straight year, Drake is bringing a hip collection of hip-hop artists to his hometown OVO Fest, set to invade Toronto's Molson Canadian Amphitheatre on Aug. 5.

Rihanna, Drake Lead MTV Video Music Award Nominations

Rihanna and Drake lead this year's artists with five nominations for the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards. Katy Perry follows close behind with four. Get a full list of the nominees here.

Jay-Z Adds Drake, Run DMC to Made in America Lineup

The two-day extravaganza just added some huge names.

Drake  may have something special planned for this year's OVO festival, taking place on Sunday (August 5) in Toronto. According to HipHopDX, a close source says Drake is set to debut a new song on Sunday which features Aaliyah

The source continued to tell HipHopDX that Drake has been recruited to executive produce the late singer's upcoming posthumous album. In March, producer Jeffrey "J. Dub" Walker hinted on the album but shortly thereafter Aaliyah's brother, Rashad Haughton, shut down such claim.

There's Something About Aaliyah  | Aaliyah's Top Billboard Hits

Drake touched on having "special things" related to Aaliyah coming up when speaking to Tim Westwood. "I have some great Aaliyah news coming soon," Drake told Westwood. "Just some special things. Just gave you that, just a little. Because I said, I'm with Westwood, so I can't not... But great things, great things for music, period."

Read more athttp://www.billboard.com/column/the...-aaliyah-1007721352.story#xHIJ7CHpRPqj7b2i.99

[h2]Jay-Z No Longer Holds The Title Of Billboard #1′s In R&B/Hip-Hop, Drake Has The Crown[/h2]

After breaking the record earlier this year with most #1′s on Rap charts, it’s pretty evident that Drake knows how to make a hit record (or at least, link up with the right artist to be apart of one). That knack for hits has helped him take over the number one spot for most #1 hits on the R&B/Hip-Hop charts, beating out living legend, Jay-Z.

Drake’s assistance on 2 Chainz’ Based On A T.R.U. Story  smash single “No Lie” helped him surpass Hov who held the lead all these years with 9.

The crown now rests in Toronto. OVO with the title.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by iLLest

i PERSONALLY have TML >>> Take Care.

iLLest!

I agree.  Beats and lyrics were better on TML, imo.

Not really feeling "No Lie" though, Drake seemed pretty lazy on the track
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom