🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

I don't know, Drake coming with an actual (good) video made it that much better. Pretty crazy to be able to make one in that short a time. Must have already had the music ready a week ago.

If this just devolves into a mud slinging contest, I would think drakes image can take more of a beating then Kendrick’s. Not because Drake is more successful but because Kendrick is suppose to be a conscious/liberation/intellectual rapper and to be all that and be accused of beating his wife ? You almost expect Drake to be beefing women. But Kendrick?

Of course it could all be “just rap” and they’re pulling from old tabloid headlines.

I do see the irony in Drake accusing Kendrick of beating his light skin/half white black wife on a song where he says Kendrick raps like he’s trying to free slaves. If the roles were reversed and Kendrick was the one saying something similar I’m sure we’d be seeing dissertations on the number of entendres that is

If this just devolves into a mud slinging contest, I would think drakes image can take more of a beating then Kendrick’s. Not because Drake is more successful but because Kendrick is suppose to be a conscious/liberation/intellectual rapper and to be all that and be accused of beating his wife ? You almost expect Drake to be beefing women. But Kendrick?

Of course it could all be “just rap” and they’re pulling from old tabloid headlines.

I do see the irony in Drake accusing Kendrick of beating his light skin/half white black wife on a song where he says Kendrick raps like he’s trying to free slaves. If the roles were reversed and Kendrick was the one saying something similar I’m sure we’d be seeing dissertations on the number of entendres that is
That's pretty much all conscious rap. A bunch of say something and do nothing.

Been watching a few of these reaction videos on pootube but no one mentions one of drakes funniest lines

Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 8.42.22 AM.png

:rofl:

I feel like if game, yg and bhris brown are the gang members he chose to shout out while calling Kendrick fake, he's just solidifying kdots point.

It's what's hilarious..

Drake isn't self aware enough to actually get why people don't like him

All that pop my trunk and reach for my waist 💩 in family matters proves it.

With that said it's evident that Drake and Kendrick rap for two different audiences. Some people just want something to "pop their axx too" as Kendrick say and I have to get Drake his credit there, he makes some catchy tunes. Family matters is dope. Kendrick is a rapping axx 🥷🏼 which some people are gonna gravitates to more. We've gotten some great music out of this beef. Even if it ends today, it was worth it.

I feel like if game, yg and bhris brown are the gang members he chose to shout out while calling Kendrick fake, he's just solidifying kdots point.

It's what's hilarious..

Drake isn't self aware enough to actually get why people don't like him

All that pop my trunk and reach for my waist 💩 in family matters proves it.

With that said it's evident that Drake and Kendrick rap for two different audiences. Some people just want something to "pop their axx too" as Kendrick say and I have to get Drake his credit there, he makes some catchy tunes. Family matters is dope. Kendrick is a rapping axx 🥷🏼 which some people are gonna gravitates to more. We've gotten some great music out of this beef. Even if it ends today, it was worth it.

I don’t think there’s really an argument about who’s the better lyricist at the highest level, it’s Kendrick. In the contxt of this very specific exchange I don’t actually think that matters though. There’s clearly a lot of grace, good will, and consideration he gets when folks break down and analyze his music that Drake doesn’t get in these convos. And because of the type of music Kendrick makes and the type of rapper he is, folks are going to assume that every bar he spits is has additional meaning and significance. I’ve seen folks come up with new explanations and meaning in Kendrick’s bars that he probably didn’t think of himself :lol: drake could have put out the most sophisticated bars full of hidden meaning and double entendres but they wouldn’t get the same analysis because the song makes you want to tap your feet therefore it can’t be that deep.

Personal ish aside both these dudes can rap and put out good music. We knew this about Kendrick already but Drakes clearly no slouch either.

Dude called Drake a pedo sex predator… those are allegations that needs to be addressed. IDC about any hidden daughter stuff 😂
Yeah it's crazy how Drake stans are so focused on that and not the pedo stuff... These same guys were just cheering on Diddy's public lynching for similar allegations.

I don’t think there’s really an argument about who’s the better lyricist at the highest level, it’s Kendrick. In the contxt of this very specific exchange I don’t actually think that matters. There’s clearly a lot of grace, good will, and consideration he gets when folks break down and analyze his music that Drake doesn’t get in these convos. Because of the type of music Kendrick makes and the type of rapper he is, folks are going to assume that every bar he spits is has additional meaning and significance. I’ve see.ln folks come up with new explanations and meaning in Kendrick’s bars that he probably didn’t think of himself :lol: drake could have put out the most sophisticated bars full of hidden meaning and double entendres but they wouldn’t get the same analysis because the song makes you want to tap your feet therefore it can’t be that deep.

Personal ish aside both these dudes can rap and put out good music. We knew this about Kendrick already but Drakes clearly no slouch either.
Drake has gotten nothing but praise from myself and others for his disses. I've seen just as much breakdowns on Drake's lyrics as I've seen Kendrick's. I think you guys are seeing what you want to see..

And if we're keeping it a buck, the guy got exposed for having writer's man no one is ever gonna take his pen too seriously. Right or wrong.

They started off excited and then all that tapered off. Thread gon be quiet until the next Yachty inspired release:lol:

Drake has gotten nothing but praise from myself and others for his disses. I've seen just as much breakdowns on Drake's lyrics as I've seen Kendrick's. I think you guys are seeing what you want to see..

And if we're keeping it a buck, the guy got exposed for having writer's man no one is ever gonna take his pen too seriously. Right or wrong.

Maybe it is my feed, I’m seeing a lot of Drake hate all over social media.

I think the ghost writer jabs have merit to a point. Especially for the wide range of music Drake drops. For me that’s a knock against his process, not his ability to rap. Especially with folks openly praising Drake for working on their stuff.

Maybe it is my feed, I’m seeing a lot of Drake hate all over social media.

I think the ghost writer jabs have merit to a point. Especially for the wide range of music Drake drops. For me that’s a knock against his process, not his ability to rap.
I was just providing context. He brought that upon himself. It's hard for some people to take you seriously when the thing that is literally your job was being done for you by someone else. Can't really be mad at people for feeling that way. But yeah I've seen the hate and these sentiments have been brewing about Drake for a minute, they're just gaining traction because someone of Kendrick's star level is saying it... On a deeper level people feel Kendrick represents the culture and they feel Drake represents everything wrong with a culture.. the sentiment of letting an outsider in to mimic us and masquerade as something he's not while not really being of the culture. Similar to how Post Malone used hip-hop to get on and then completely 💩 on the culture and genre when he got where he needed to be.. Miley Cyrus too.

Back
Top Bottom