09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

[h1]8. Nonito Donaire[/h1]
362_90x90.jpg
[h2]Country: Philippines[/h2][h3]Record: 21-1-0 (14 KOs)[/h3][h3]Ranking: This Week: #8 | Last Week: - | Weeks On List: 1[/h3][h4]
pimp.gif
[/h4]
who the hell is Celestino Caballero?
lanky a** bantam-weight. Defeated Ponce De Leon a few years back..

I've only seen him fight once and he seems like a good fighter but I'm not sure why he's ahead of someone like Williams.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Great boxer. Barely won this weekend though, pretty much a hometown decision I wouldn't have him at #10.
I've only seen him fight once and he seems like a good fighter but I'm not sure why he's ahead of someone like Williams.
Unified belts I'd guess and he's fighting pretty solid competition.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

[h1]8. Nonito Donaire[/h1]
362_90x90.jpg
[h2]Country: Philippines[/h2] [h3]Record: 21-1-0 (14 KOs)[/h3] [h3]Ranking: This Week: #8 | Last Week: - | Weeks On List: 1[/h3] [h4]
pimp.gif
[/h4]
lanky a** bantam-weight. Defeated Ponce De Leon a few years back..

Nonito
pimp.gif
Vic is still getting headache's from that KO lol

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

When was the last time Rafa and Israel fought again? seems to me they've been as in-active as Floyd Jr.
since they last fought each other March 1st of 08

IMG_9468%20Vazquez%20vs%20Marquez%20III%20006%20faces.jpg

pimp.gif

Boxing should take 75% of the get hitman's purse and give it to those guys for those 3 fights

Don't take it so seriously.� It's just talk and helps sell fights. Mayweather Jr. likes to play the villain but he almost always changes his tune after the fights and shows some respect.�

Agreed 100%. Check PBF's fight with Gatti. Floyd was strait disrespecting Gatti leading up to the fight. But after he whooped him, he was singing adifferent tune. PBF knows what he's doing
pimp.gif

1. Manny Pacquiao
2. Juan Manuel Marquez
3. Bernard Hopkins
4. Shane Mosley
5. Israel Vazquez
6. Rafael Marquez
7. Miguel Cotto
8. Nonito Donaire
9. Vic Darchinyan
10. Celestino Caballero

bush_confused2.jpg

The List is fine except for the bottom 3 . Vic has fought higher quality guys since the Nonito fight . Paul Williams should be there somewhere , Floyd isnt onit because when you "retire " they take you off they will put him bac in at like 3-5 and push Cabellero out . Ricky fell like a dishrag

I think we all agreed earlier in the yr that Ricky Hatton aint had NO BIDNESS in a top 10 P4P list...

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

While addressing the media, Floyd Mayweather, Jr. said "I beat fighters and turn them into b_s and they go out and put on fish-nets. That's what I do." This was obviously a slap at Oscar De La Hoya after the infamous internet scandal which purported to depict the Golden Boy in panty hose, pictures whose validity has been questioned.

roll.gif

Spoiler [+]
oscar_drag.jpg

I'm LOL right now...
eek.gif
roll.gif

And Jay, I agree with you on that last part. I also feel like they're screwing Paul over by not listing him as one of the best in the world right now.
tired.gif

Wonder where Mayweather fits into the list now that he is officially back?

No Punisher in the top 10? Hasnt what he's been doing lately defined what Pound 4 Pound is all about?

1-7 on that p4p list isn't bad. The only thing i would probably change would be switching mosley and hopkins. That last 3 is odd though. I'd moveDarchinyan up to 8, drop Cabellero and Donaire out, put Williams at 9 and Chad Dawson at 10.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Wonder where Mayweather fits into the list now that he is officially back?

No Punisher in the top 10? Hasnt what he's been doing lately defined what Pound 4 Pound is all about?

I'm saying, he's been in 3 different weight classes in his last 4 fights and won back his 147 lb title, starched a mediocre Middleweight at 160,demolished Verno Phillips at 154 for interim title and Dominated Winky at 154.
I dont need pound 4 pound rankings to tell me Paul is if not the best pound for pound , one of thee best

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

Fight night weights may be pretty close for Mayweather-Marquez. People trying to say May is a full blown welter picking on a 130 pounder are trippin. Mayweather is no natural welter. At 147 he puts on NO weight after the weigh in. Hell for DLH he weighed in at 149 and apparently was only 148 on fight night. Floyd is a natural 140 lber fighting at welterweight because its a glammer division and he doesn't have to cut weight. Mayweather is 1 inch taller and started his career 4 lb's heavier than JMM. Is Mayweather the bigger man? Absolutely, but he's not dwarfing JMM, imo.

Thats why i don't really trip about Floyd being picky at 147. Dude is not a natural welterweight, and i feel could make 140 if he felt like it. If Floyd started avoiding dudes at 140 i'd be much more concerned. I'll concede it is a little lame that he's fighting in between 140 and 147 and not just sticking to one weight class, but as long as he fights all legit 140 lbers and some legit 147 lbers i'll be fine.

Never looked at it like this, but this post makes alotta sense to me. I still wouldn't mind seeing him fight Paul, Mosley, or Cotto at 147 though.
ohwell.gif
I guess I can dream.

Originally Posted by 1stand15th

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

Fight night weights may be pretty close for Mayweather-Marquez. People trying to say May is a full blown welter picking on a 130 pounder are trippin. Mayweather is no natural welter. At 147 he puts on NO weight after the weigh in. Hell for DLH he weighed in at 149 and apparently was only 148 on fight night. Floyd is a natural 140 lber fighting at welterweight because its a glammer division and he doesn't have to cut weight. Mayweather is 1 inch taller and started his career 4 lb's heavier than JMM. Is Mayweather the bigger man? Absolutely, but he's not dwarfing JMM, imo.

Thats why i don't really trip about Floyd being picky at 147. Dude is not a natural welterweight, and i feel could make 140 if he felt like it. If Floyd started avoiding dudes at 140 i'd be much more concerned. I'll concede it is a little lame that he's fighting in between 140 and 147 and not just sticking to one weight class, but as long as he fights all legit 140 lbers and some legit 147 lbers i'll be fine.

Never looked at it like this, but this post makes alotta sense to me. I still wouldn't mind seeing him fight Paul, Mosley, or Cotto at 147 though.
ohwell.gif
I guess I can dream.

O i would definitely love to see Floyd fight those guys. I think he actually SHOULD fight Mosley and Cotto because they aren't the biggest dudesthemselves. Those are the types of Welters that i want to see Floyd fight and would be a bit disappointed if he didn't they started off at smallerweightclasses and aren't too freakishly big. The Paul Williams' types i'd be fine with Floyd not fighting for the reasons i stated above.Floyd's not a real welter, so if he doesn't want to fight a "welter" that is 6'2" and comes into the ring at 163 i'm nottrippin.

How isnt he a real Welter he cant make 140 anymore so he is a full blown welter . He's been there long enough , If there are top guys in you weight classyou should try and fight them especially if you want to be known as the best in the world/legend/all time great you gotta fight the best . Floyd has been doingthis his whole Career No Stevie Johnston , no Casamayor (After he showed up to the Casamayor-Freitas press conference talking #!%@ ) Didnt want Shane , Turneddown Margarito . If you want to be great you can't keep going after little guys push yourself . Floyd is a supremely Talented fighter but there are holesin the career

oh there are definitely holes, but i still think his resume isn't as bad as people make it. And i'll say it again, i'm 100% sure he CAN make 140.The man walks into the ring at 147-148 fighting at welter, and after a year and a half off will be coming back at 143-144. Like i said, Floyd is at welterbecause he doesn't have to drain and its more of a glamorous division with more big money fights. I'm not saying he doesn't have to face ANY legitwelters. Because he does campaign there on occasion he should fight the mosley's and the cotto's. If he doesn't fight AT LEAST one of them i willbe sorely disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom