09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

R.I.P B.J. Flores just reminds you how tough this sport can be .

Nah Floyd wont hang around too long like Roy

[h1]Boxer dies five days after title bout in Dallas[/h1]
[h2]Associated Press[/h2]

add this RSS blog email print

Updated: May 5, 2009, 3:25 PM EST
64 comments

DALLAS (AP) - Boxer Benjamin Flores has died five days after he was hospitalized following a title bout with Al Seeger in a Dallas hotel.
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Bout supervisor Bob Lenhardt says the 25-year-old Flores died at Parkland Hospital on Tuesday.

Referee Laurence Cole awarded the victory to Seeger in the eighth round of the North American Boxing Federation fight on Thursday at the Hilton Anatole hotel.

Lenhardt said the Houston fighter was helped to his stool before lying down. Lenhardt said doctors rushed to his side and Flores appeared unconscious when removed on a stretcher.

The fight was for the vacant NABF super bantamweight title. Flores was 19-3 and weighed 122 pounds.

tired.gif

Bro, I was thinkin BJ Flores

I was got in the car like GAD DAMN ESPN aint been blowin this story up? dude is basically a semi regular co host.

RIP. Prayers go out to him and his family
I bet Seegers career wont be the same ever again.
smh.gif
I wouldnt wanna box again if I knew my opponent died . my heart wouldnt be in it no more

Bob Arum has warned Floyd Mayweather he will have to take the short end of the purse if he faces Manny Pacquiao.

Even before a fight has been put in place and with a substantial obstacle in the shape of Ricky Hatton in Pacman's path, Arum wanted to set the record straight over the terms their side would want from a mega-fight with 'Money'.

With Pacman the current consensus pound-for-pound king, inheriting the title when Mayweather went into his, seemingly short-lived retirement, a bout between the two would be the biggest fight in boxing.

Mayweather has suggested he should get 60% of the purse if the two meet but his former promoter gives this short shrift.

"Far and away the biggest attraction in boxing. So when he said a while ago that with Hatton he wanted the lion's share and people said he was being greedy. No he wasn't being greedy, he was right."

"He takes a much smaller percentage," Arum told reporters at The MGM Grand. "Everybody else who fights Pacquiao now has to be treated like he was, as an opponent of the former great attraction Oscar De La Hoya.

"That means the opponent should be happy to get a maximum of 35 percent and Manny gets the 65 percent,"

Back to the matter of hand and Pacquiao's upcoming fight with Hatton, Arum believes his man is bettwe in all departments than he was six months ago when he beat De La Hoya.

"He is faster, he's smarter and he has all of the attributes," Arum said.

"What's Manny's strength? Its his speed. So if he fights the fight capitalizing on his strength which is his speed there is no way Hatton can beat him."

Arum claims that Top Rank matchmaker Bruce Trampler told him that he is handling sparring partners Urbano Antillon, Mike Alvarado and Raymund Serrano (no mention of Amir Khan) "like babies."

Arum is quoted as saying on Inside Sports: "You now can't see his hands, he is so fast.

"He throws them so quickly you can't see the punches and this time he is in with main event fighters

roll.gif
roll.gif

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=19761

arum says there he will talk cotto VS pacman in june if cotto wins says he cant wait for mayweather for Nov-Dec fight?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

If Mayweather & Pacquiao fight the money should be 50/50, or something near a split.

if there every was a fight that called for a split it would be that one

marquez VS vazquez 3 is on ESPN classic right now. i still shake my head that i chose not to go last minute
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

marquez VS vazquez 3 is on ESPN classic right now. i still shake my head that i chose not to go last minute
mad.gif
eek.gif

Good Look.
My old DVR froze up and I lost this fight along with a few others.
I NEED THIS!
recording now.
Rafa's my dude

O My god round 4 is like the best round Ive seen in 10 yrs

round 12 classic. too ahhh mannn I need this entire fight. every second of every round.

Just to clarify, this isn't BJ Flores the cruiserweight who sometimes appears on ESPN.

I was confused as hell when I was reading the thread...RIP...
i still shake my head that i chose not to go last minute
mad.gif

laugh.gif
How in the hell did you come to the conclusion that day not to go tothe fight?

Am I the only one who would rather see Pac fight Cotto?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Bob Arum has warned Floyd Mayweather he will have to take the short end of the purse if he faces Manny Pacquiao.

Even before a fight has been put in place and with a substantial obstacle in the shape of Ricky Hatton in Pacman's path, Arum wanted to set the record straight over the terms their side would want from a mega-fight with 'Money'.

With Pacman the current consensus pound-for-pound king, inheriting the title when Mayweather went into his, seemingly short-lived retirement, a bout between the two would be the biggest fight in boxing.

Mayweather has suggested he should get 60% of the purse if the two meet but his former promoter gives this short shrift.

"Far and away the biggest attraction in boxing. So when he said a while ago that with Hatton he wanted the lion's share and people said he was being greedy. No he wasn't being greedy, he was right."

"He takes a much smaller percentage," Arum told reporters at The MGM Grand. "Everybody else who fights Pacquiao now has to be treated like he was, as an opponent of the former great attraction Oscar De La Hoya.

"That means the opponent should be happy to get a maximum of 35 percent and Manny gets the 65 percent,"

Back to the matter of hand and Pacquiao's upcoming fight with Hatton, Arum believes his man is bettwe in all departments than he was six months ago when he beat De La Hoya.

"He is faster, he's smarter and he has all of the attributes," Arum said.

"What's Manny's strength? Its his speed. So if he fights the fight capitalizing on his strength which is his speed there is no way Hatton can beat him."

Arum claims that Top Rank matchmaker Bruce Trampler told him that he is handling sparring partners Urbano Antillon, Mike Alvarado and Raymund Serrano (no mention of Amir Khan) "like babies."

Arum is quoted as saying on Inside Sports: "You now can't see his hands, he is so fast.

"He throws them so quickly you can't see the punches and this time he is in with main event fighters
roll.gif
roll.gif

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=19761

arum says there he will talk cotto VS pacman in june if cotto wins says he cant wait for mayweather for Nov-Dec fight?
grin.gif

Well this basically means the fight isn't going to happen

smh.gif

Unless, Clottey upsets Miguel and PBF comes out sharp against JMM

grin.gif

Hardrock in Hollywood Florida,

I believe Edison Miranda fought King Arthur there ... I think, dont quote me tho

CANT WAIT.

btw this my 2ndf time seein Angulo Live
pimp.gif
. heaviest Hands Ive seen.

Im hoping to God he knocks Cintron out of his %+$%+%+ shoes and into retirement

$160 a piece.

*edit* no it aint I think misunderstood ,maybe 160 total for both . I think thats a Hook up deal tho. not sure, dont care , cus Im not payin
laugh.gif

yikes, I was right the 1st time....

embarassed.gif
knowin that, I'l lat least pay for my ticket since Im the reason we even goin.

Back
Top Bottom