09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

laugh.gif
My bad....i thought it was a good idea.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

I'd be down to down an NT boxing summit in NYC, FL, LA, maybe even Puerto Rico
laugh.gif
y'all come down to Cebu and I'll get you guys access to fights, meet ring card girls, meet fighters (not named Pacquiao
grin.gif
) but yeah... drinks, fights, girls (for the single dudes) you guys be myguests
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

I'd be down to down an NT boxing summit in NYC, FL, LA, maybe even Puerto Rico
laugh.gif
y'all come down to Cebu and I'll get you guys access to fights, meet ring card girls, meet fighters (not named Pacquiao
grin.gif
) but yeah... drinks, fights, girls (for the single dudes) you guys be my guests
pimp.gif

I'd be down to go to the PI too
pimp.gif
(if I could afford it
laugh.gif
)

My friend was out there in January and told me he saw Bernabe Concepcion ringside for like $16.

yeah... fights are cheap here when you convert it to US dollars. I was right behind the TV announcers for the Darchinyan Gorres fight and that cost me $40US

#!%? Marquez fought tonight? I didn't know he had a fight lined up...

indifferent.gif
@ Jhonny Gonzalez gettin' KO'ed...

Bout to watch Lara (
pimp.gif
> Gamboa, BTW) and Rigondeaux in a few.

They used to have em' on the HBO Boxing website but I guess they took them down.

I got the Berto/Urango and Cotto/Clottey posters from the HBO Boxing Facebook page.

Yo this got me thinking. Is it just me or do the Mayweathers need twitter accounts like yesterday? I could only imagine the rediculous $%$@ they'd betalkin bout.

It was only 8 minutes I wasted on youtube
laugh.gif

Commentators wouldn't shut the $#+! up though starting to get on my nerves
laugh.gif

Just chatted with my boy mark melligen who trains in the mayweather gym. I was asking him how he was doing in sparring against floyd and he says he gave floyda black eye LOL. Floyd supposedly had trouble adjusting to mark being a southpaw. Floyd wouldn't spar him again. I'll take into consideration thatfloyd was just getting back into shape while mark was already training for a fight.

Pacquiao Will Wait Until Marquez-Mayweather is Finished

By Ronnie Nathanielsz

After a whirlwind trip to Bangkok and hosting his one day 5-%*%@ derby on Tuesday at the Araneta Coliseum, Filipino boxing hero Manny Pacquiao will leave forAustralia with wife Jinkee and their children on a one-week family vacation.

Pacquiao's adviser Michael Koncz who didn't join him on the trip to Bangkok but stayed behind to attend to getting the necessary visas and booking theairline tickets and hotel accommodation in Sydney said "Manny wants a quiet family vacation" and doesn't want to attend welcome affairs and otheractivities that would deny him time with his family.

One of those who wishes to host Pacquiao and his family at a private dinner is well-known Australian promoter and TV boxing show host Peter Maniatis whointerviewed Pacquiao a couple of years ago in the US when Pacquiao said he would like to visit Australia.

He is expected to fly to the US following his return from Australia provided the so-called swine flu scare tapers off.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told us last week that Pacquiao would receive the "Fighter of the Year" Award from the Boxing Writers Association ofAmerica for the second time on June 12 and watch the title fight between Miguel Cotto and Ghana 's Joshua Clottey at Madison Square Garden the followingday.

Cotto is one of the fighters being mentioned as a possible opponent for the world's No.1 pound-for-pound fighter on October 17 in Las Vegas although bothCotto and champion Sugar Shane Mosley have said they would not come down in weight to fight Pacquiao.

Key advisers in the Pacquiao camp have indicated they would prefer that Pacquiao waits for the results of the July 18 showdown between Floyd Mayweather Jr andJuan Manuel Marquez and fight the winner which most analysts claim should be the bigger Mayweather Jr.

BoxingScene.com, insidesports.ph, Standard Today and Viva Sports learned that Pacquiao would rather wait for the results of the Mayweather-Marquez fight beforemaking a decision on a planned October 17 bout. We also learned that Pacquiao was "not interested" in fighting WBO welterweight champ Miguel Cotto,and he didn't want to fight in New York's Madison Square Garden, preferring Las Vegas as a venue.

Cotto is one of the fighters being mentioned as a possible opponent for the world's No.1 pound-for-pound fighter on October 17 in Las Vegas although both Cotto and champion Sugar Shane Mosley have said they would not come down in weight to fight Pacquiao.
I'm glad, I'd much rather see a rematch between them two or Shane fight Clottey than either of them fight Pacquiao.

End of the day though I think Bobby Arum works his magic and we see Cotto/Pacquiao in the fall (if Cotto beats Clottey of course).

Back
Top Bottom