09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

That quote by Merchant at the end was so lame
laugh.gif

Yo anyone goin to Clottey/Cotto?

If all goes right...tickets will be copped by Wed.
pimp.gif

Never got a chance to comment on Sat's fights, but Gunna...

Dre' is ridiculously talented, but I just don't feel he has that "It factor" about him. I don't know what it is, but I just don't seehim ever beating any of the top guys such as a Cotto, Mosley, or Clottey. He'll continue to beat second-tier Welterweights and smaller fighters coming upin weight. And I still don't think he'll top Collazo in a rematch...

P.S. Who the F' is this guy's trainer?

laugh.gif
Much props to Kermit Cintron, but he's still a bum. This W'against Angulo will prob do wonders for his mental game but you gotta see Angulo for what he really is. Offense, offense, offense...he's just a fighter whostands out in a HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE division. I'd like to see him work the body more, though.

EDIT: Seeing that Nate Campbell KO (
roll.gif
) again, I had to go back andhighlight this...

I'd go with Bradley. Nate is old, and at this point i think overrated. The guy is a great quote and seems like a great guy out of the ring, but where is all this love coming from? Sure, he had a great performance against Juan Diaz, but he looked less than impressive against Funeka, lost to Isaac Hlatshwayo who happened to get drilled and embarassed by Kendall Holt, and lost to Robbie Peden TWICE. I like Nate, but i think he's getting a little too much love off of one great peformance over the last 5 years.
QFT.

Nate fought great THAT NIGHT, but honestly...up until that cut, Diaz was ahead in that fight. As you guys saw during the fight with Marquez, the Baby Bulldoesn't respond well to cuts at all.

Nate was beating Juan Diaz Long before that cut. U need to go watch that fight again.

Berto will clean up Collazo in a rematch
Them last 4 rounds were enough for me

I still havent seen the Cintron-Angulo fight i'll find sometime this week i guess.

As for Berto eh he fought ok but Urango did it to himself no jab just very inconsistent all night . Berto needs a new trainer cause he's not reallyimproving and all that holding he was doing and fighting damn near on his heels is good either . Collazo -Berto 2 would probably got mush like the first butCollazo not taking 2-3 rds off and win the fight Collazo/Urango comparison is apples and bricks

smh.gif
Urango is one of the worst belt holders I have ever seen fight... And I said that after he fought Hatton.

Starting to see some similarities between Andre Berto & Jermaine Taylor. Two guys getting by on superior athleticism and certainly boxing skill, but fightto fight improvement just isnt there.

you gotta see Angulo for what he really is. Offense, offense, offense
That was painfully obvious before this fight. Like I said no matter how sick he was, another 2 to 3 rounds in the ring and Angulo knocks Cintronout. I'll give Angulo the benefit of the doubt that he was sick for the week preceeding the fight and that's what made him give such a poorperformance. He will be back.

Something seems to be missing on Berto before he can be an elite fighter. like what others said here.. i'm also not sure what it is. He obviously hasspeed, decent power, was moving his feet better against urango compared to the collazo fight but i think he should work on distance. I think he throws puncheswhen he's opponent is too far, at the same time, his chin seems to be too high up. Some of his punches became arm punching during one of the flurriesbecause he was just too far away. But when he gets close, he just starts holding. In the early rounds, he was landing that right hand clean to urango'schin though.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Some of his punches became arm punching during one of the flurries because he was just too far away.
Exactly.

Berto's hand speed is up there with Mayweather & Pac but he could so much more explosive, imo. It just seems that he doesn't put any shoulder orhip movement in his punches.

wonder what it may be like in the crowd for that Clottey Cotto fight....
laugh.gif
...may have to go but then again best view is from the couch

that crows is gonna be CRAZY!
Dont Clottey Live in Brooklyn?
He better have Brooklyn we go hard playin when he comes to the ring.
U know MAC gonna be bangin some ReggaeTone
laugh.gif

Might be a Classic

Yep Clottey is a Brooklyn dude from Ghana. Bout to cop a Ghana flag and roll into the middle of the PR pre-parade
laugh.gif

My college roommate studied abroad in Ghana came back with one of these joints
Ghana.jpg

You definitely won't go unnoticed proshares
laugh.gif

I'm thinking about doing it now
laugh.gif

Half these dudes won't even get why I'm wearing the flag or what flag it is anyway.

And besides the A train ain't that far of a run
laugh.gif

table_header.gif
[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]EXCLUSIVE: FREDDIE ROACH TO TRAIN RICKY HATTON!
02 June, 2009 by Ring Talk News
[/color]
[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]STUNNING ANNOUNCEMENT FORTHCOMING

Los Angeles, CA- When it is announced in the coming weeks, you'll be as surprised as I was upon learning that Freddie Roach, everybody's 2008 trainer of the year, will train former world 140 lb. champ Ricky Hatton. That's right! The man that trained Manny Pacquiao, who destroyed Hatton in two rounds a month ago for the world 140 lb. championship, he will now train the lad from Manchester, UK.

DON'T CRY FOR FLOYD MAYWEATHER
[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]The elder Floyd Mayweather, the man who trained Hatton for Pacquiao, he appears to be out in the cold. Over the years Floyd Sr. has been his own worst enemy. Big mouth, acting a fool, still I respected him as a trainer. But much to my dismay, Floyd again failed to bring a fighter to another level. Didn't do with Oscar, this before failing miserably with Hatton. Can you tell me of a fighter that Floyd's guidance lifted to another level?[/color]

Back
Top Bottom