09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Hatton is what he is... Hes not gonna NOW start moving his head after 47 Pro fights no matter who his trainer is

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

what is Roach going to do for hatton?
Maybe he will finally get him to move his damn head.

thats on hatton tho, Floyd SR was teaching him that and he used it in the fight before pacman then the idiot doesnt do it when he is fighting pacman and he gets knock the %#%+ out

Weaponry = Shannon?
could be, just the other day i thought gunna was talking to himself and post under both
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Same here. I saw that and was so god damn confused.
laugh.gif

I heard about a very interesting doubleheader that was briefly discussed on Tuesday. From what I was told, discussions on the proposed doubleheader will continue. The idea is to match four of the top guys at junior middleweight, with the winners facing off in the future.

In fight number one, WBO interim-junior middleweight champion Paul Williams would face Kermit Cintron. These two were actually scheduled to fight in the early part of 2008, when they were both welterweight champions. Cintron injured his hand in a tuneup with Jesse Feliciano in November 2007. He withdrew from the Williams fight and instead took a rematch with Antonio Margarito [the winner of Margarito-Cintron was contractually guaranteed a shot at Miguel Cotto that July]. There was bad blood, between Williams and Cintron, before and after the fight fell apart.

Fight number two would see a title defense by WBC junior middleweight champion Sergio Martinez. While a few names were mentioned, one at the top of the list is undefeated Joe Greene. These two were also scheduled to fight at one point - February 14th of this year to be exact. Greene was forced to withdraw after coming down with kidney stones.

If everything comes together, I have a feeling that HBO will be the first stop to pitch the doubleheader - with the agreement that both winners will fight at a later date on their network. Of course HBO, and most people, will have Williams and Martinez as the heavy favorites to win - and that would be some fight. I'm wondering if HBO has enough left in their budget to make a card like this happen.

Damn if you thought Cintron was throwing too many rights hands while backing up imagine when he fights Punisher
laugh.gif

And Mean Joe getting a title shot already?

It's not going to be a fight the public wants to see but I want to see a rematch against Angulo just to prove that was a fluke/sickness on his part.

And isn't Kermy now the mandatory for Sergio? Maybe I'm confused but since Martinez is now full titleholder if he doesn't fight Cintron in his nextfight doesn't he have to vacate? I'm not sure how everything works in regards to vacating titles.

Props to Manny for taking on a huge challenge, but Shane's gonna put him to sleep.

Also, I really hope the 154 double header is in SoCal because I wanna see that live.

YESSSSIR Bryan Kinney with the Update
This is going to be Epic.
60/40 split for Pacman ...Nice

I am not a Shane Fan at all
smh.gif
Hate him but Loved how he dismantled Margarcheato
No excuses PBF, If u win, Ur next fight is gonna be with a Legit Welter. Cotto/Clottey/Williams

Im mroe happy about Shane and Pac cus it opens up the spot Floyd to face the music
LETS GO
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

What's a catch weight?
nerd.gif
They will agree on a weight between the jr. welter and welterweight limits.
This fight:

pimp.gif

plus a possible Cotto/PBF fight.....eff the dudes that said Boxing is dead

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

No excuses PBF, If u win, Ur next fight is gonna be with a Legit Welter. Cotto/Clottey/Williams

Im mroe happy about Shane and Pac cus it opens up the spot Floyd to face the music

LETS GO
pimp.gif

Idk, Floyd might just skip the Cotto/Clottey winner and fight Berto
laugh.gif
smh.gif

For his sake I hope he fights a Top 3 welter. IF he beats Marquez.

Sugar vs. Pac-Man
eek.gif
. I knew it was thrown out there, but I didn'tactually think it'd come together...Props to both for making it happen
pimp.gif

i am not a Shane Fan at all
smh.gif
Hate him but Loved how he dismantled Margarcheato

my same thoughts

im shock Arum played his hand this early and didnt wait till after botht he cotto and PBF fights

and 60/40 split for pacman?
roll.gif
thats what happens mosley when u pretty muchbegging and crying to fight someone

Nice, I'm glad to see Mosley get this fight. It's funny because I thought for sure Arum was bluffing but he's sending a big f-you to Mayweatherletting him know he's not in control and will move on if he's not going to play by his terms.

Great fight Shane asked and he received great to see it happen that way . Pac-Man is The man this should be Fun

Back
Top Bottom