09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

should be a great fight, but something tells me Mosley walks away with the win. I'll be rooting for Pacman though.

eek.gif

indifferent.gif

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Bob Arum Denies a Pacquiao vs. Mosley Deal For October
Posted by: Mark Vester on 06-03-2009.

[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Mark Vester

Top Rank's Bob Arum, promoter of Manny Pacquiao, denies that a deal is in motion for his fighter to face Shane Mosley on October 17. Mosley sent out a press release stating that Pacquiao agreed to fight him on October 17 at a catch-weight between 140-147, and a split of 60-40 in favor of the Filipino champion.

Arum said Mosley's press release has "no credibility" to it. He says Mosley took Pacquiao's comments of being willing to negotiate as a form of confirmation that an agreement was reached. Arum says Pacquiao wil not make any decision until the fight between Floyd Mayweather and Juan Manuel Marquez, set for July 18, is over.

"This has absolutely no credibility to it, Manny hasn't decided who he's going to fight," Arum told the Los Angeles Times. "Why would I eliminate options? It could be Mosley, or it could be [Miguel] Cotto, Mayweather Jr., Marquez or [Edwin] Valero. They're all in the mix.

"I've also heard from Manny's people that he wants to wait and see the Mayweather-Marquez fight [July 18] before he agrees to anything. That would mean we won't be ready until November."

Send News Tips and Comments To Mark Vester @ [email protected]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]

[/td] [/tr][/table]

Yea I'll wait for a little before I start getting amped.

And
laugh.gif
@ Gunna you might have $1,000,000 on your doorstep when you wake up one morning before you see PBF vs. Pun

Originally Posted by Jagshemash

indifferent.gif

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Bob Arum Denies a Pacquiao vs. Mosley Deal For October

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Mark Vester

Top Rank's Bob Arum, promoter of Manny Pacquiao, denies that a deal is in motion for his fighter to face Shane Mosley on October 17. Mosley sent out a press release stating that Pacquiao agreed to fight him on October 17 at a catch-weight between 140-147, and a split of 60-40 in favor of the Filipino champion.

Arum said Mosley's press release has "no credibility" to it. He says Mosley took Pacquiao's comments of being willing to negotiate as a form of confirmation that an agreement was reached. Arum says Pacquiao wil not make any decision until the fight between Floyd Mayweather and Juan Manuel Marquez, set for July 18, is over.

"This has absolutely no credibility to it, Manny hasn't decided who he's going to fight," Arum told the Los Angeles Times. "Why would I eliminate options? It could be Mosley, or it could be [Miguel] Cotto, Mayweather Jr., Marquez or [Edwin] Valero. They're all in the mix.

"I've also heard from Manny's people that he wants to wait and see the Mayweather-Marquez fight [July 18] before he agrees to anything. That would mean we won't be ready until November."

[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]

[/td] [/tr][/table]

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

indifferent.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

By Mark Vester

[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]

[/td] [/tr][/table]
indifferent.gif

I was JUST about to hit up my TweetDeck and spread the word
laugh.gif
... then Iread this
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by mEasy15

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

indifferent.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

By Mark Vester

[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]

[/td] [/tr][/table]
indifferent.gif

I was JUST about to hit up my TweetDeck and spread the word
laugh.gif
... then I read this
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I just spread the word in a text to about 50 contacts in my cellphone after reading Gunna's post.. and most of those dudes are in the boxing business
indifferent.gif

This is exactly what's wrong with boxing.

Two dudes are willing to fight and one guys highly overpaid promoter doesnt want the fight to happen
So he overpowers his more than willing fighter

smh.gif

Hopefully September.

I really don't want to see Vasquez hurt himself even further during a 4th fight.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I just spread the word in a text to about 50 contacts in my cellphone after reading Gunna's post.. and most of those dudes are in the boxing business
indifferent.gif
Damn.....i just hit everyone too.

Can't believe this *!%.......
indifferent.gif
at Arum. Is Valero really aserious option? Notice that Clottey's name wasn't included.....

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

im shock Arum played his hand this early and didnt wait till after botht he cotto and PBF fights

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

and 60/40 split for pacman?

Thats why the fight was made this early

Floyd was NEVVVVVVVVER going to accept a 60 / 40 split

Now, if Shane agrees to 143 lbs and some Reyes gloves.....well then he deserves what he's gonna get

laugh.gif

any of you guys members in any boxing forums? I'm a member in Philboxing but too much Pacquiao stans, racists, unknowledgable boxing fans in that site.I'm also a member in boxingscene.... and too many filipino haters in that site.. lol

you guys recommend any other boxing forum? though honestly our little NT boxing thread has been like 'home' for me

Back
Top Bottom