09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

How much weight do u usually gain after you rehydrate after making weight? Usually 5-10lbs right? It doesn't seem that big of a difference to me unless Mosely gonna be 160+ come fight night...
Depends on the fighter. Mayweather puts weighs about 150 after weighing at 147. Paul Williams weighs 163 after weighing in at 147. Miguel Cottowould weigh in at 148 then come in at 160. Some fighters put on a ton of weight, some don't. Mosley would put on a decent amount of weight at 147. Hedidn't put on much at 154, but at 147 he'll put on 10+ pounds at this point in his career, i'd guess.

Craziest i've seen was James Toney. Came in at 179, 4 pounds over the LHW limit against Drake Thadzi. Came in to the ring at a reported 204 lbs. Toneywent on to lose a split decision.

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

How much weight do u usually gain after you rehydrate after making weight? Usually 5-10lbs right? It doesn't seem that big of a difference to me unless Mosely gonna be 160+ come fight night...
Depends on the fighter. Mayweather puts weighs about 150 after weighing at 147. Paul Williams weighs 163 after weighing in at 147. Miguel Cotto would weigh in at 148 then come in at 160. Some fighters put on a ton of weight, some don't. Mosley would put on a decent amount of weight at 147. He didn't put on much at 154, but at 147 he'll put on 10+ pounds at this point in his career, i'd guess.
mayweather actually lost a lb after his weigh in agaisnt Oscar
laugh.gif
150 during weigh-in. 149 come fight night

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

Depends on the fighter. Mayweather puts weighs about 150 after weighing at 147. Paul Williams weighs 163 after weighing in at 147. Miguel Cotto would weigh in at 148 then come in at 160. Some fighters put on a ton of weight, some don't. Mosley would put on a decent amount of weight at 147. He didn't put on much at 154, but at 147 he'll put on 10+ pounds at this point in his career, i'd guess.

Craziest i've seen was James Toney. Came in at 179, 4 pounds over the LHW limit against Drake Thadzi. Came in to the ring at a reported 204 lbs. Toney went on to lose a split decision.

eek.gif
ur kidding me?
roll.gif

I believe thats true Big Mike those where the years Toney was all messed up

And Sweet Pea is now Training the ever combacking Spadafora

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

i hate to say it... roach is babying pacquiao
smh.gif
Trying to get all these welters to dehydrate themselves and fight with :nerd:z gloves. Either Manny go to Shane's division at 147... or no fight all
Shane is desperate for a big fight/payday. That's why he's trying to get this fight so bad withoug Manny's side saying much andthat's why he called out Floyd on ESPN. Manny's side holds all the power. Nobody is beating down Shane's door for a fight, Manny has otheroptions.

Manny will NEVER fight again at 147, Freddie won't let that happen. The highest I see Manny going in the future is 144.

David Haye said he will have healed sufficiently to fight Wladimir Klitschko in three weeks. Thus, he is asking Klitschko to push their June 20 fight in Gelsenkirchen, Germany back to July 11 rather than seek another opponent for the original date.

Haye pulled out of the fight Wednesday because of a back injury. Early reports indicated he suffered a hand injury.

"It looks like there will be only a three week delay from the original fight date with respect to David's readiness, which hopefully means that Wladimir will only postpone the fight, rather than cancel it," said Adam Booth, Haye's trainer and manager.

However, Klitschko apparently is in negotiations to fight Ruslan Chagaev for THE RING heavyweight championship on June 20.

Chagev was set to fight Nikolai Valuev last Saturday in Finland but was found to have a hepatitis antigen in his system and was not allowed to fight. Most of Chagaev's fights have taken place in Germany and he would likely be cleared to fight there again.

"At the moment, the first priority is Chagaev because Wladimir doesn't want to wait any longer," Klitschko's manager, Bernd Bönte, told The Sun. "When all is said and done, we don't even know whether Haye will be ready for July 11 because of this injury he has told us about.

"The stadium in Gelsenkirchen will be OK for July 11 but we don't know whether the German TV companies will be OK. It's still possible the Haye fight will happen. Our first priority is Ruslan Chagaev, but that's not a done deal."

Booth described Haye's problems to The Sun.

"David has had a backache for two to three weeks," he said. "It hadn't stopped him training but he was just complaining about it sometimes. A couple of days ago the symptoms were more of a concern and he couldn't do certain sessions that were important, so we sent him off to have a scan and it showed a condition that needs some aggressive physiotherapy and then rest for about two weeks. He has had to have some strong painkillers and these have to take effect before the treatment begins.

"When we knew he wasn't going to fight, we told the Klitschko camp immediately. The consultant has told us that realistically there will be a three-week delay. David will be ready to step into the ring on July 11. I'm working on David getting back in the gym. David's message to the fans is that he is absolutely gutted and wants to give them what they want, which is a world heavyweight champion from England."

Haye expressed his disappointment.

"I'm sorry to disappoint all my fans across the world and I hope that once I have had the sufficient treatment, I will be able to start training again and we can get the fight on as soon as possible," he said. "I know this is the fight the fans want and I will do everything to make sure it happens."

I think it was one of Mayorga's last fights that I watched he came in 20 lbs heavier after weigh ins, I don't even know how that's possible.

Ruslan is going to fail something to call off the fight with Klitshcko he might as well wait one month for Haye.

i just dont know what mosley can do at 37 , and to be honest for some reason the margarito fight didnt convince me :ohwell:
but props to him if he wins.

as for andre berto , fight was boring to me,i usually like when one boxer out points the other
but no need to back peddle n hold the whole fight while your pitching a shutout

as for future fights for berto ....................judah?

So apparently if Wlad and Ruslan are to fight on June 20th HBO will pass they're only interested in Haye on the 11th. Post the chat after I'm finishedbombarding him w/questions.

Back
Top Bottom