09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

If I'm Luis I'm calling out these *@$%!$@# %%# judges

smh.gif

yeah 116-111 was way off. I had it 114-113 for Berto.

I gave Berto 4 rounds from 5-8 because Collazo did nothing and left his hands down in those rounds.

it was a very close fight. edit* i did change it because i added wrong because of the 8 point round which the referee took from Berto. Referee seemed like oneof the MMA type of referees SMH

116-111 is just ridiculously absurd to begin with, and you factor in the fact that berto got deducted a point.. and thats just pathetic. no way berto won thatfight

his head movement was poor, his legs were even worse and he looked gassed after every good exchange. i don't understand why he didnt go to the body of luisearly on coz when those hammers were landing collazo was reeling! ok so you figure thats hurting him real bad and its swinging the fight your way, how'reyou just gonna stop doing it? berto didnt deserve to win that

still smh @ 116-111
indifferent.gif

This was a great fight. I feel real bad for Luis Callazo

After they just ran through all the names of those young guns....how can anyone say boxing is dead????

smh.gif

laugh.gif
shut up about Paul already we get it Margarito is shook stop beating this dead horse it's killing me

collazo was the agressor the whole fight cept the last round. won all the exchanges in close and really outboxed berto. i had the fight 115-112 collazo easy its just sad how the boxing world works drawing more people to that other sport ultimate fighting.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

you know good and damn well there will be no rematch

I hope so. You know boxing fans want that

but like Lewis said it wont make sense money wise and they trying to build berto up for bigger fights they wont give him one

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

you know good and damn well there will be no rematch

I hope so. You know boxing fans want that

but like Lewis said it wont make sense money wise and they trying to build berto up for bigger fights they wont give him one

Yeah, but there is a demand for a rematch

Who is he going to fight at 147?

Kermit Cintron?

You know they're not going to throw him to the wolves after this performance

Damn good fight, and a bit surprising it was that good. I had it 114-113 for Collazo, but can see it going the other way. 116-111 Berto is insane though, thats9 rounds to 3, +@*.

And i liked the ref taking away a point for holding, if he doesn't do that, Berto continues to hold on the inside and this fight isn't nearly as good.More refs need to do that. They can hold if they're hurt and trying to hang on, but just grabbing dude because he gets close is bull *+#%.

Collazo impressed me though, didn't expect that performance out of him. He's a much smarter and slicker boxer than i gave him credit for. I stilldon't think he's THAT great, but i'll give him props for that performance.

As for Berto, i liked the heart at the end, but that chin scares me and the fact he REFUSES to do consistent body work and the fact that he's a midgetmakes me real skeptical about his future.

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
shut up about Paul already we get it Margarito is shook stop beating this dead horse it's killing me

i make sure i tell all the mexicans at work that hype the hell out of margarito that %+!# daily fools be getting butt hurt QUICK
roll.gif

They gotta throw him to the wolves. They can't go backwards from here.
Berto Has to fight the top of the division or he'll be fightin in nightclubs for $ 2000 a fight.

I'm hoping he takes this as a learning experience and goes to the body. If he did that from jump this fight is stopped before 8.

How and why do fighters make simple #%%+ so hard? And it aint just him.

On to Shane/Tonio
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The decision ruined a very good and entertaining fight
smh.gif

I had it 114-113 Collazo.

Berto needs to stay on his toes more. At his size he needs to move around more and create better angles. I don't think Berto can hang with Margarito oreven Cotto right now, but I think Shane Mosley might be a good fight for him.

smh.gif
smh.gif
Collazo got JERKED.... Berto lost that fight easily and its not even debatable IMO. Especially after the point deduction.

I'm a big Berto backer but DAMN!Collazo got ROBBED. Dude should have had a unanimous decision and at the least a split decision. Berto had 2 pointsdeducted and was getting outworked 75% of the rounds.
To me, this shows that Berto shouldnt be considered one of the top welterweights, YET, like they're making him out to be. Collazo was rocking Berto withmost of his shots and Collazo ate Berto's biggest shots and kept on being the agressor.

Back
Top Bottom