09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

in the beggining of the 6th round it sure looked like victor was trying to touch gloves and mairana took an easy shot...damn this #%!%% quit.
1st words out the refs mouth before a fight: Protect yourself at all times.
even if he was, I ddint see it, it would be his own fault

[h1]Abraham retains IBF middleweight title over Oral[/h1]

BERLIN (AP)-Undefeated Arthur Abraham successfully defended his IBF middleweight title with a technical knockout of fellow German Mahir Oral in the 10thround on Saturday.

Abraham improved his record to 30-0 with his 10th consecutive defense, though none have been against top-level challengers since he won the title inDecember 2005.

Armenian-born Abraham knocked down Oral in the fourth, sixth and 10th rounds, the last forcing the referee to call the fight.

The defeat was Oral's first in 19 bouts since his only previous loss, to Malik Dziarra in 2004.

fbafdb9384cbfec2d369d11946dcabf1-getty-box-ibf-middleweight-ger-abraham-oral.jpg

57f6b3cb550383c9099810b3b6aa4ba2-getty-box-ibf-middleweight-ger-abraham-oral.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/gallery...getty-box-ibf-middleweight-ger-abraham-oral:1
5dfa89487e1b48b323310f4e5822465e-getty-box-ibf-middleweight-ger-abraham-oral.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/gallery...getty-box-ibf-middleweight-ger-abraham-oral:1
f48e9fbcd880a2658eda9d3287213ae6-getty-box-ibf-middleweight-ger-abraham-oral.jpg

Jun
Abraham-Oral Results!

By Alexey Sukachev

Abraham-Oral Results!

Results are in from the big IBF middleweight championship fight between unbeaten world titlist Arthur Abraham (29-0, 23 KOs) and Mahir Oral (25-1-2, 10 KOs)from the Max-Schmeling Halle in Berlin, Germany. As a courtesy to those who plan to watch the same day SHOWTIME telecast of the fight tonight at 9PM ET/PT, wewill link to the outcome until after the fight airs in the U.S.

Arthur Abraham (30-0, 24 KOs) retained his IBF middleweight title with a thrilling tenth-round technical knockout over German-based Turk Mahir Oral (25-2-2, 7KOs).

The opening round was pretty calm as both fighters were focused and cautious trying not to take any punches and using their jabs to feel the space between eachother. Abraham connected with a hard left to take the first stanza closely. Surprisingly, the WBA #7, IBF #11 and WBO #13 ranked Oral started to take the fightover in the second round. Oral was successful in taking the champion out of his defensive shell, scoring several times with the huge left and right hooks, when'King' Arthur was opening up. Round two was all Oral's and he also took the first two minutes of the third before being involved in a two-wayexchange at the end of the stanza, which saw Abraham being a bit luckier with his huge blows. The fight seemed to be heading in a rough direction for thereigning champion, when Oral started the fourth round as confident as the previous two. But during the third minute of the fourth Abraham suddenly explodedwith a huge multipunch combination, which forced Oral to lose his composure, shook him up and sent him into a hard knock-down after a thunderous right by thechampion. Oral stood up on shaky legs and was lucky to survive till the ending bell of the round.

While the fight seemed about over, Oral dug deep and found some inner reserves in him to recover during a hard fifth round and even to land some bombs at theend of it. Round six saw his confidence growing up again but when the Turkish fighter was seemingly gaining his earlier composure, Abraham connected with ahuge downright right hand that sent Oral down for the second time in the bout. 'Lion" Oral was able to last till the end of the round again. Roundseven was a time off for 'King' Arthur as he spent the whole stanza trying to find a weak spot in Oral's unsteady defense but landed zero powerpunches. He began to operate with his usual frequency in the eighth; his punches easily penetrating his opponent's block thanks to their enormous power.Round nine was once again huge for the champion who was all over the challenger. Finally, Oral took a knee at the very beginning of the tenth after another ofAbraham's furious assaults. The challenger bravely stood up only to go down two more times after body shots by Arthur Abraham. The fight was waved off at1:23 of the tenth round, when Oral's corner threw in the towel after the third knockdown. Abraham's tenth successful title defense in a thrillingtwo-way action.

Man that was an exciting $%$ match in persn. I was sitting right by the whole city of Oxnard and when Ortiz quit they were calling him soft, %***+, etc etc.But right before that round I knew it was over he was slumped up in the corner couldnt keep his head straight looked daze. Only a matter of when Maidana gotaggressive and that was quick

I just caught the replay it was a rough fight . Ortiz looked like he wanted to quit between rds then when he couldnt get out of the way of the right hands heturned his back and waived his hands . Son you dont do that go out on your shield Ortiz fights a lot like Nando vargas but at least vargas would get KO'Dand not just hang it up . Bad move for Ortiz now he will have that label on his head for the rest of his career

It was pretty clear Vic had a hard time seeing the right hand.

That dude Madiana kept coming all night long and wasn't going to let up.

Vic is a young fighter that made a decision he's gonna have to live with

I think this is a good loss for him. Hopefully he can adjust his game for when he fights someone who isn't intidated by his power

my advice to Victor... USE YOUR #+*%#%+ JAB!!!!

mad.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

wait,

"Im young, and I dont think I deserve to be getting beat up like this, Ive got to think about this"
did he just say that? seriously? did I hear that, I ve gotta run the DVR back
" I'm not going to go out on my back; I'm not gonna lay down for nobody you know. I'd rather just, hey, I'm just gonna stopwhile I'm ahead that way I speak well when I'm older... I'm young but I don't think I deserve to be getting beat up like this, so I have alotof thinking to do."

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content5161.html

I'm watching the replay and classic fight by a young Mexican fighter trying to plZ the crowd and throw bombs and not just box

"I knew I was fighting against the local guy, and I had to knock him out," said Maidana, whose only previous loss was a contentious split decision to Andreas Kotelnik earlier this year. "I went down, but I got up because I have a big heart. I saw that Victor felt my punches, and I said, 'I know I can win this.'"

Ortiz (24-2-1), who held a comically large bag of ice to his swollen face afterward, acknowledged he entered the ring thinking about the bright lights, the chanting fans and the pressure -- everything but Maidana, who also knocked him flat in the first round and then eagerly accepted Ortiz's invitation to brawl.

pimp.gif

Proshares:
I'm telling you watch the fight with Maidana & Kotelnik and re-watch Victor's fights. He's fought some of the worst competition out there and 26 fights in he should have fought someone of some kind of recognition already. In my eyes this has a lengthy version of Prescott/Khan written all over it. ....

That's why I would not be shocked at all if Maidana floored him and ended Ortiz quickly.

It's just going to be Ortiz getting cracked open tomorrow.
Good Call Pro...
pimp.gif

yooIm still in awe tho, Dude is 26-1 with 25 KOs
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I can live with losing a fight while Making a mistake tactically, but to lose by saying I quit ,
smh.gif
that's unforgiveable

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I can live with losing a fight while Making a mistake tactically, but to lose by saying I quit ,
smh.gif
that's unforgiveable

while i agree... dude is 22 yr old maybe he made a mistake....that he will(should) never do again. I hope dude can come back mentally stronger

I know I'm in the minority here and as a fan it's disappointing to see someone quit like that but in a way I can respect it. He said he doesn'tneed to take that kind of punishment, that he wants to live a long healthy life, or something to that extent. I can only be so mad at someone for not puttingtheir health at risk for my entertainment. It's not like he quit after the first punch landed. He was dropped twice, had a badly swollen eye, and waseating a ton of right hands for the last rounds. He's still very young and has a long career ahead of him.

Oh yea, and *$%! Abraham. I can't wait to him face a real boxer at 168
laugh.gif
I don't know why, I can't stand watching that guy fight.

Originally Posted by Jagshemash

I know I'm in the minority here and as a fan it's disappointing to see someone quit like that but in a way I can respect it. He said he doesn't need to take that kind of punishment, that he wants to live a long healthy life, or something to that extent. I can only be so mad at someone for not putting their health at risk for my entertainment. It's not like he quit after the first punch landed. He was dropped twice, had a badly swollen eye, and was eating a ton of right hands for the last rounds.
thats how I see it

Dude is a huge puncher, he has enough power to still win that fight.

I can respect that but to me that's like a RB running outta bounds on the one yard line wit a min left cus he was scared to get hit.
I no longer respect anything about Ortiz, when times got hard, he quit. I can't $$!% wit no one like that

U don't wanna take punches, put ur %+#**@ left up and block that telegraphed right hand.
He's a Bum now to me

Yall watch, if he even fights again, when he fights a tough fight, he'll quit again

im with jay on this one i cant respect a boxer tht puts the no mas hand up.

you guys keep saying he is young but when is the last time we seen a young dude take a beat down and still come back ok? its in dudes mind now

^^^ so you saying you dont respect Roberto Duran because Sugar Ray made him quit?
Ortiz is a good draw, admitted his mistake afterwards, and hopefully he comes back stronger.

Back
Top Bottom