09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

^^^true... dude said after the fight "i wanna be able to talk when im older."
roll.gif

Good call proshares.

Wish I took that advice and bet on the fight
smh.gif

I lost some respect for Ortiz after this, he basically pulled his own %@@-card. However, I think he'll bounce back from this. He's still young andtalented but he definitely lost alot of his appeal.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Dude is a huge puncher, he has enough power to still win that fight.

I can respect that but to me that's like a RB running outta bounds on the one yard line wit a min left cus he was scared to get hit.
I no longer respect anything about Ortiz, when times got hard, he quit. I can't $$!% wit no one like that

U don't wanna take punches, put ur %+#**@ left up and block that telegraphed right hand.
He's a Bum now to me

Yall watch, if he even fights again, when he fights a tough fight, he'll quit again
Meant to address this earlier...

I don't really agree with the football parallel since that's a little different but I can understand not being a fan of his actions. If there'scertain qualities you look for in a fighter such as a willingness to put it all on the line and he doesn't possess that, fine. One of the reasons I loveJMM because he has a heart the size of a lion and isn't quitting for nothing. All I'm saying is that I don't think he should be @%@#!+! on for it.I'll give him a chance to redeem himself but if he does that again then he should consider stepping down from the sport and persue something else since itwould show that he just doesn't have the mentality to become a champion.

I still don't get why he quit, though...

It was only that one round in which he was taking a beating. Still ahead on the cards, IMO. I wonder what Oscar had to say...

Vic is only 22, so it's not like he's damaged goods but it's gonna take some very impressive performances from here on out to justify his decision.

When guys like Guerrero and Ortiz do things like this...it makes me appreciate Boxers like Diego Corrales THAT MUCH MORE.

Chico would've NEVER went out like that...
frown.gif

On a side-note...about to watch the JuanMa fight. I just want to know....why the hell does Top Rank wanna match him and Gamboa up? Does Gamboa's team havea death wish? Ya'll know damn well...that chin is not gonna be able to handle anything JuanMa throws at him.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+1] [/size][/font]

MAIDANA OUTPUNCHED BY MELLIGEN BEFORE BEATING ORTIZ

PhilBoxing.com
Mon, 29 Jun 2009

Reports coming out of Las Vegas have it that Filipino boxing prospect Mark Jason Melligen was toying with Marcos Maidana during their sparring sessions at the Mayweather Gym before the latter defeated Victor Ortiz yesterday.

"The guy who won against Victor Ortiz which is Marcos Maidana could not hit Mark Jason Melligen. I was at all the sparring sessions with Mark and Marcos, Mark would just toy around with Maidana and stagger him a couple of times," said a Pacland forum member who said he was at the gym several times to see the sparring for himself. [table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

"The gameplan with Mark was to jab and counter, keeping Marcos moving backwards. Victor did not fight the right fight, he should have boxed and moved around," added the source, adding that Mark Jason Melligen will become a world champion someday.
smokin.gif

^
laugh.gif
I had heard about something like that a couple days ago.

Let's match up Amir Khan and Victor Ortiz and let the loser disappear.

Who would Ortiz fight at 140 that wouldn't put the same amounts of pressure on him?

Holt, Bradley, Hatton, Witter, Kotelnik? Maybe he can get the winner of the pillow punchers Diaz and Paulie
laugh.gif

BTW is the Eddie Chambers fight going to be on TV? I'm interested to see how he does.

The countdown begins to July 11th in my head. I'm hyped as hell for that fight. Agbeko/Vic are going toe to toe. I'm mad they're not showing theCunningham/Braithwaite fight that should be good too. Cunningham needs to win get that rematch with Adamek.

Ortiz will quit again Maidana wasnt a top level guy yeah he could punch . But if Ortiz uns into aguy that can box and punch he will quit in the same way .Proshares you called it early tho

- About 10-15 minutes after the fight, as I made my way across the ring to talk to Freddie Roach, he was having a discussion with Schaefer, ringside. You don't have to be a member of MENSA to get an idea of what they were talking about - Roach becoming the new trainer for Ortiz. I was asked by a few fans and boxing figures what I thought of the proceedings. My answer was simple: "Great fight, but Ortiz needs a new trainer."

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

- About 10-15 minutes after the fight, as I made my way across the ring to talk to Freddie Roach, he was having a discussion with Schaefer, ringside. You don't have to be a member of MENSA to get an idea of what they were talking about - Roach becoming the new trainer for Ortiz. I was asked by a few fans and boxing figures what I thought of the proceedings. My answer was simple: "Great fight, but Ortiz needs a new trainer."

thats a cop out, Oriz didnt listen to ANYTHING his cornermen were saying, if the dummy dont wanna listen, it dont matter who tellin him +$%+, heaint gonna listen

Enough about Ortiz, let's talk about the winner. It's crazy that he's the WBA interim and he won't even be the mandatory for the winner of theKotelnik/Khan fight. It'll be interesting to see where Maidana goes next. Holt would be a brawl that wouldn't last too long.

GBP is in full panic mode if they hire Roach to train Ortiz
laugh.gif

Even Ortiz admitted in the post-fight interview that he needed to box more instead of looking for the KO.

From Gary Shaw:
"It's in his (Golden Boy) genes. Ortiz just pulled a No Mas quit job."
laugh.gif

Enough about Ortiz, let's talk about the winner.

Sorry this whole Ortiz thing is just
laugh.gif
to me. Like idk if it was a good or bad sign that homie was laughing and joking throughout his post-fight interviewand post-fight press conference.

It's cool but I'm just getting sick of all the coverage or articles written about this fight are "what's next for Ortiz?" And no mentionof what's next for the winner who's an exciting fighter who can take a punch and dish it out as well. I don't care about Victor. Put him in withmore tomato cans for all I care or let Ortiz go find a heart and some ****%!# balls and then we'll go back to him. Maidana can make a lot of good fights at140.

Maidana can make a lot of good fights at 140.

No doubt.

Hopefully, he'll get a shot at the Khan/Kotelnik (sp?) winner or even Bradley/Cambell.

Dunno bout Holt. Is he still having legal issues?

I forgot about Holt's stuff. I think the winner of Khan/Kotelnik has another mandatory before they can pick a fight. Bradley/Campbell winner might look tofight the winner of Witter/Alexander since they're on the same card in August.

Maidana and Urango would be a war.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I think maidana gonna face a boxer and get his *+% handed to him.

Yea I get that feeling too. Bradley would pick him apart. But there'd still be those flurries where Maidana gets his punches in.

And a Pac/Kobe commercial would explode NT
laugh.gif

Victor simply didn't fight the right fight he was supposed to outbox Maidana and not get into a brawl with him.

Ortiz hurt Maidana in the 2nd round and if he had more time left he would've won in that round by Technical Knockout but he continued to slug it out andyou can't do that with a brawler just as we saw with Angulo and Cintron.

Back
Top Bottom