09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Originally Posted by petermans

Originally Posted by CaponeCartels

Manny dont need to fight PBF right now. PBF looks like he got better as a fighter in this fight or JMM is just a bum.

I don't understand when people post this. Marquez was fighting at a weight where he'd never been at before
and was fighting against a guy that held virtually every advantage a fighter could have. Everything Marquez
did good, Mayweather did it faster.
that was suppose to be sarcasm/blatant statement.
Oh, couldn't tell. Alot of people really though Marquez could do something in this fight. I got fooled for a second, but
as soon as the fighters entered the ring, reality set in. Pacquiao has the biggest chance to win against Mayweather right now.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

PBF is a complete airhead...dude needs his own comedy show when he retires...

PBF: "I'd like to thank Reebok...and the sponsors for making this happen..."

Kellerman: "The fans want to know about the $600k you gave up by coming into the weigh-in 2 pounds over"

PBF: "I'm not here to talk about money
happy.gif
"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Good point.

Originally Posted by bud dink

Manny dont need to fight PBF right now. PBF looks like he got better as a fighter in this fight or JMM is just a bum.

I don't understand when people post this. Marquez was fighting at a weight where he'd never been at before
and was fighting against a guy that held virtually every advantage a fighter could have. Everything Marquez

Too much listening to the commentators. Its true for the most part but Marquez didnt show up he was 4 pounds lighter! dont give me this mayweather was the hulk stuff. Pac moves up wins its good this guy moves up its bad its not the weight its the fighter.
There are very few fighters that can go up in weight and dominate like Pacquiao has. Marquez obviously isn't one of them. The man is 36 years old is expected to look great at a weight he's never fought at?

not saying he should have looked as good as floyd (pause) but he wasnt on the same playing field i just dont believe the weight had anything to do with theoutcome floyd would have beat him at 130 catch

Too much listening to the commentators. Its true for the most part but Marquez didnt show up he was 4 pounds lighter! dont give me this mayweather was the hulk stuff. Pac moves up wins its good this guy moves up its bad its not the weight its the fighter.
There are very few fighters that can go up in weight and dominate like Pacquiao has. Marquez obviously isn't one of them. The man is 36 years old is expected to look great at a weight he's never fought at?

not saying he should have looked as good as floyd (pause) but he wasnt on the same playing field i just dont believe the weight had anything to do with the outcome floyd would have beat him at 130 catch
130 catchweight.... ok. Floyd hasn't weighed in at lightweight since 2001, and would have been severely weight drained.
If Marquez had beaten a drained Floyd, I wouldn't have been giving him credit either.

i really dont believe that... money fought at different weight classes and so has manny and won... my point is it doesnt matter if you havent been at thatweight class or not you come to fight and money did...people will say after this fight that marquez looks slow well money makes him look slow... im not being ahomer but money is that dude... his defense is serious and makes the best fighters look like fools... and staxx i agree with you... even though manny is mypeoples i dont think he can beat money... yes manny is a VERY good fighter but he hasnt fought someone like money.... i really hope this goes down and bestbelieve ill actually pay for this fight and not watch online
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 1stand15th

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Nobody in boxing is seeing Mayweather
damn right..dude will just outbox his opponents.

paul%20williams_01.jpg

I'm not so sure... PBF looked great tonight though.
Can't stress enough that he looked better (pause)then before he retired.

Watching 24/7 on HBO got me thinking that no one in boxing can see PBF, also. How do you go in to a fight without a strategy/technique and adjust to fightersduring the fight...unless that !##% is baloney.

Originally Posted by you go boy

my pops really disappoints me... hes really a homer...always saying that pacman can beat him... i know we filipino so of course we going to be biased but give credit to money... just cause his fights are boring and not as entertaining as manny doesnt mean hes not nice... i can actually appreciate his boxing... my pops just say wow hes boring i cant believe people paid to watch him fight i know they are mad...watever i dont care if money gets a knockout or not as long as he gets a win im happy... and if they seriously fight i dont know who to choose... money is my fav fighter but manny is my peoples... but i hope it does go down so money can finally say he fought the best....
Mayweather is the best, pacman will have to say he fought the best
grin.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Pacquiao has the biggest chance to win against Mayweather right now.
Paul W ? M.A.C ?

I don't think Williams is even in this discussion, as Mayweather would NEVER fight him. Cotto, well it depends on this fight coming up. Whoever wins reallydoes have the best chance. That is what I should have stated.
BTW who you got winning there?

Originally Posted by HighRep87

Mayweather will never face Manny, because Cotto is going to kill Manny.

... and even before that Manny would have gotten killed my Mayweather

i really dont believe that... money fought at different weight classes and so has manny and won... my point is it doesnt matter if you havent been at that weight class or not you come to fight and money did...people will say after this fight that marquez looks slow well money makes him look slow... im not being a homer but money is that dude... his defense is serious and makes the best fighters look like fools... and staxx i agree with you... even though manny is my peoples i dont think he can beat money... yes manny is a VERY good fighter but he hasnt fought someone like money.... i really hope this goes down and best believe ill actually pay for this fight and not watch online
laugh.gif
When De la hoya tried to come in at a weigh that he hadn't fought at in years, it severely messed his body up. He looked like a corpse in thering.

Damn ....

Money May is on a whole 'nother level. his speed and defense looks better than ever..boy is just sick..

Hopefully MAC beats pac, so we can get a JMM vs. pac 3

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at shane being salty.

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

my pops really disappoints me... hes really a homer...always saying that pacman can beat him... i know we filipino so of course we going to be biased but give credit to money... just cause his fights are boring and not as entertaining as manny doesnt mean hes not nice... i can actually appreciate his boxing... my pops just say wow hes boring i cant believe people paid to watch him fight i know they are mad...watever i dont care if money gets a knockout or not as long as he gets a win im happy... and if they seriously fight i dont know who to choose... money is my fav fighter but manny is my peoples... but i hope it does go down so money can finally say he fought the best....
grin.gif

uh i agree with you but i dont.... money fought a lot of peoples but he also ducked a lot of peoples too... he hasnt fought mosely, margarito, cotto, or pacmanyet... BUT at the same time pacman hasnt really beaten anyone either... yes hes my people but all he beat was a overrated hatton and some garbage mexicans andsome past their prime... so to keep it 100 nobody has really fought the best if you talk about pacman and money... but if this fight goes down it will behistory thats my word! i wont say who will win lol

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

grin.gif

uh i agree with you but i dont.... money fought a lot of peoples but he also ducked a lot of peoples too... he hasnt fought mosely, margarito, cotto, or pacman yet... BUT at the same time pacman hasnt really beaten anyone either... yes hes my people but all he beat was a overrated hatton and some garbage mexicans and some past their prime... so to keep it 100 nobody has really fought the best if you talk about pacman and money... but if this fight goes down it will be history thats my word! i wont say who will win lol

So Barrera, Morales, and Marquez are garbage now?
roll.gif
roll.gif

petermans wrote:
Can't stress enough that he looked better (pause)then before he retired.

Watching 24/7 on HBO got me thinking that no one in boxing can see PBF, also. How do you go in to a fight without a strategy/technique and adjust to fighters during the fight...unless that !##% is baloney.

I hear you , but are you sure it's not just the opponent? I mean I thought it was going to be a lot more competitive than it was, but in theend Floyd's advantages proved to be too much. I think in boxing your strengths can be accentuated by your opponents weaknesses.

That #!*# at the end was BS. Sugar Shane tryna get some of that money. Mayweather maybe cocky but he always has respect for the other boxer at the end of theday. Sugar Shane was outta line....but it sells.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Pacquiao has the biggest chance to win against Mayweather right now.
Paul W ? M.A.C ?

I don't think Williams is even in this discussion, as Mayweather would NEVER fight him. Cotto, well it depends on this fight coming up. Whoever wins really does have the best chance. That is what I should have stated.
BTW who you got winning there?

there aint a 147lber on earth who wants it with Pun rite now. they better hope he makes his $ at 154-160� so he dont come back down.
Get Ready Pavlik!

btw im uploading the post fight interview for whoever needs to see it

Back
Top Bottom