09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jagshemash

Arreola put up a great effort and I don't fault him at all for crying. We saw Peter and Gomez crumple and essentially give up which you could argue is worse in terms of being a man in the ring. At least he showed a ton of heart by wanting to continue even though he was completely out of the fight since he didn't want to let everyone down. A lot of athletes have been emotional after big wins or losses like Jordan, Kobe, Mayweather. Even Hopkins almost broke down after the Pavlik fight.

With that said though he should have taken his preparation more serious because there's no excuse coming in there at 251 in his prime when just 3 years ago he was at 229.

If he really cared about the fight he wouldn't be such a out of shape fat +$#

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

Originally Posted by Jagshemash

Arreola put up a great effort and I don't fault him at all for crying. We saw Peter and Gomez crumple and essentially give up which you could argue is worse in terms of being a man in the ring. At least he showed a ton of heart by wanting to continue even though he was completely out of the fight since he didn't want to let everyone down. A lot of athletes have been emotional after big wins or losses like Jordan, Kobe, Mayweather. Even Hopkins almost broke down after the Pavlik fight.

With that said though he should have taken his preparation more serious because there's no excuse coming in there at 251 in his prime when just 3 years ago he was at 229.

If he really cared about the fight he wouldn't be such a out of shape fat +$#

thats what Im sayin.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Say what you will about Vitali, his footwork, his technique, it doesn't matter, the dude is legit
he's not
and there isn't any heavyweight since LL that has a chance against Vitali (and even Lewis knew he was in trouble against Vitali).
indifferent.gif
no

Name a heavyweight since Vitali came on the scene that has put up a decent chance against him?

Just because he's not an all-time great doesn't mean he isn't the best there is right now.

Originally Posted by Pmighty

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Say what you will about Vitali, his footwork, his technique, it doesn't matter, the dude is legit
he's not
and there isn't any heavyweight since LL that has a chance against Vitali (and even Lewis knew he was in trouble against Vitali).
indifferent.gif
no

He is legit, he's beat a ton of quality contenders in his day and was winning that Lewis fight and hurt Lewis a few times before they had to call it offbecause of the cut over his eye. And the first fight is one of the best heavyweight fights I've ever seen and was also a very close fight.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by Mathilda Lando

RJJ/Hopkins 2?

Anybody know the date?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

B-Hop is still one of my favorite fighters, and RJ was his only L in my mind...As for the date, I think they both have tune-ups: X vs. a tin can on local cablein Dec. and RJ against Danny Green (someone he promotes) in Australia in Dec. so I guess the fight would take place around March of 2010?...i like the 60/40 KOsplit arrangement, more fighters should agree to that

lewis was going to go down that night and started hitting that cut with his fist and head to get that fight called

BTW, anyone trying to go to the fight?

I'm thinking about driving down for the night but I don't want to miss some of the other fights that night too.

laugh.gif
@ Ghostbusters. Kelly gonna KO him, stand over him and say "read the trunks %%%$@."

Don't even gotta wait for November, we get to see JT and Froch get KOed Oct. 17th, Golota/Adamek the 24th and Agbeko/Perez (great fight) on the 31st.

You stonefacing me on both or just JT?

And like I said I'm probably driving down if anyone from the city wants to hitch or ride. I'd be down to meet up there too.

Word.
I'll start trying to clear my schedule. I wanna see Paul live
Btw
I can get hotel rooms in jersey for the Lowest of low. If yall in need msg me

I'll see how many points I got on my card if I got enough for a free room.

Not trying to cramp 5 or 6 dudes in one of them regular Borgata rooms though
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom