09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

I stay down the road in Margate at my friend's spot, no need for a room.

They announce when tickets go on sale?

Proshares, I was stonefacing you. Long live Jermain Taylor.

laugh.gif
you said Jersey I don't know if you were saying AC, Jersey or trying to bunk us with Buddens and *%%+.

If I don't got points I'll shoot you a PM.

Proshares, I was stonefacing you. Long live Jermain Taylor.
I'll let you live man, you know Mike gonna come in here asking if they're burying him on Oct. 18th and @!$+
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
u & ransom gonna share a room wit a hammock tied to the doorknob and the other end to the radiator.
laugh.gif

lolwutermelonhttp://sports.inquirer.net/professional/professional/view/20090930-227554/Pacquiao-will-knock-Cotto-out-says-Roach
Pacquiao will knock Cotto out, says Roach

By Dennis Principe
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 00:19:00 09/30/2009

Filed Under: Boxing

MANILA, Philippines - Manny Pacquiao to beat Miguel Cotto by decision? Trainer Freddie Roach is having second thoughts.

Impressed by the frenetic pace by which Pacquiao is attacking his preparations for his fight against the Puerto Rican, Roach now believes that the Filipino ring icon has what it takes to knock out the reigning World Boxing Organization welterweight champion.

"I picked him to win by decision, but until I started working with him to this camp, the way he's punching, his speed, we will knock this guy out," Roach said of Pacquiao, who announced over national television Tuesday that he was donating P1 million to relief drives for the victims of Tropical Storm "Ondoy."

"I commiserate with the victims of the tropical storm," Pacquiao told a news station in Filipino, adding that he will try to fly to Manila on Sunday during a break in training to distribute relief goods to victims of the flash sloods triggered by Ondoy. "We will be giving rice, noodles and other relief goods."

Pacquiao (49-3-2, 37 knockouts) will battle Cotto (34-1, 27 KOs) over 12-rounds for the Puerto Rican's World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight crown on Nov. 14 at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas. Both combatants agreed to fight at a catch weight of 145 lb.

Things picked up in Team Pacquiao's preparation for that bout with sparring sessions kicking off Tuesday.

Pacquiao's sparring partners Shawn Porter and Urbano Untillon hit the Philippine summer capital yesterday, with Freddie Roach describing Porter as the one who can really mimic the Puerto Rican Cotto.

Porter, who is bigger than Cotto, moves like the Puerto Rican star. Porter, a middleweight, is listed as 5-foot-7 and owns a record of 10-0 record, with eight wins by knockout.

Antillon, a former Pacquiao sparring partner who owns a victory over the Filipino's younger brother Bobby, owns an impressive record of 26-1, with 19 knockouts.

"Basically we're going to have a fast start and we're not going to give [Cotto] any momentum," said Roach. "The way Manny is really fighting right now, I guess we're going to frustrate Cotto with his speed."

Meanwhile, Jeff Mayweather, uncle of undefeated American Floyd Mayweather Jr., feels that a Pacquiao loss to Cotto will not rub off the luster from a showdown between the Filipino ring icon and the undefeated American.

"Just as long as he doesn't lose in a devastating manner it would still be the biggest fight out there," said Mayweather.
With a report from Francis T.J. Ochoa

Yup Dirrell is younger, faster and a tad stronger than JT and look at the fits he gave Froch. I don't expect it to last 12 rounds.

Anyone know if the fight between Sergio Martinez vs Joshua Clottey is still going to happen? boxrec says so, but i heard its not yet official.

it's supposed to be on the undercard of Williams vs Pavlik.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Anyone know if the fight between Sergio Martinez vs Joshua Clottey is still going to happen? boxrec says so, but i heard its not yet official.

it's supposed to be on the undercard of Williams vs Pavlik.
There's no official opponent yet...you can't really trust anything from boxrec. There was an article today on boxingscene about KendallHolt being a potential opponent. Whatever the case Clottey seems to have a spot on the undercard locked in which is nice.

Here is the seating chart for Boardwalk Hall. I have seen a few fights here and have sat in Section 9 & Section 206. Section 9 was decent, probablywouldnt sit there again & Section 206 was pretty damn good view for the price, think the seat was $100. You are looking down at the ring and can see allthe action.

ad2268a479dc809bead400e90933b0b201c305b7.gif

"I'm not going to wait on Juan Diaz," Malignaggi said. "I heard Diaz actually wants a rematch with Juan Manuel Marquez, but who gives a crap? Marquez will knock him out cold again. Here's an idea. How about Malignaggi vs. Marquez? I've got to keep it going, with or without Juan Diaz."

Not a bad comeback fight for Marquez if you ask me.

I wanted to "introduce" myself to this thread... always lurking (maybe posted twice in past) but I willposting more often...

Boxing fan, love the sport, respect the sport, really respect the fighters...

Since, I haven't posted I'm gonna go back just a little and then forward to the future...

-Let me go back to the Mayweather fight, add that he fought a beautiful fight and just painted a masterpiece, Marquez isn't light work. Pretty Boy is anamazing boxer, fast, great defense... I think he could beat Pac, easy.
-Cristobal Arreola, I was rooting for him inside but honestly, he had not chance.
-Cotto over Pac, easy. I mean, I wouldn't bet on it, Pac could win but as a biased fan of Cotto, I'm going with Cotto on this one. The"fan" in me is making me blind to looking at it from a boxing pov.
-Williams will beat the Ghost... I really like Pavlik too but Williams will win! Going back just a little, love what BHop did to the Ghost.

No surprise Diaz (whom, I really like and a big part is just the example he sets outside the ring) wants to fight JMM again... dude said it after he"beat" Malginaggi, that if JMM won/lost, he wanted a rematch. I personally don't think it's a good move but hey, wish him luck with that. He should really fight Malginaggi again though... but I doubt it happens, we will see.

Aight, I'm out... you'll see me around. Ohhh and I might be driving "up" to see that Paul fight... not too sure yet, seen some good seatsavail. in the $200/$100 price range... not close to the action of course but good in terms of view and just "being in the building"!

Edit: Some of ya'll might have read my long post from earlier, no big deal but I had to edit because I figure it was mad long and really not needed.

Back
Top Bottom