09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Originally Posted by Sikwiidit04

It's not a fanboy thing.
It's a PINOY PRIDE THING.
I'm filipino...and I NOW hate Pacquaio. I hate how the fanboys claim to know boxing...because of Pac. How many of yall heard of Z Gorres?

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

floyd is faster and more power then manny it would have been much worse
Yes Floyd has Manny when it comes to handspeed by a slight margin, but not in the power category.

if trusty science has taught be anything speed times weight=power ...mayweather has the heavier and faster hands

His fans are the most godawful annoying things on Earth.

It's nothing against Manny the boxer, or Manny the person, but his blind followers who just praise him who don't know a lick about boxing makes mecringe.

And they're EVERYWHERE.

It's like being a fan of Michael Jordan but not knowing another basketball player in the world.

My co-worker last night was like "YEAAAH BOY PACQUIAO BEAT KATO!!"

What the hell is a Kato?
smh.gif
. Trying to tell me he's undefeated, and then try to say well he's undefeated recently.
smh.gif
tired.gif

It's just the fact that so many Manny fans come out of the woodworks every fight he has and try to talk all big, when they don't really know anythingoutside of Manny. He's an exciting fighter, he's a great fighter, but his fans are the most annoying things in the world.

I've loved Manny since his first fight on HBO I caught way back when, back when the average Filipino didn't even know who the cat was. But past fewyears it's been unbearable to watch the dude without having Filipino's across the globe yap their mouth about dude and how great he is.

95% of the people who were in this thread will disappear until the next Manny fight, which is
grin.gif
in it's own right.

I never claim to know as much as the rest of the dudes in here like Gunner, Stringer, Huey, or Rob, but I just enjoy the sport, and it's just real sketchto always see these fanboys come in here yap for a week about how great Manny is without knowing anyone else in the sport.

Manny is going to knocked the %%%! outta FAKEWEATHER.

word cause floyds chins made outta glass dudes hit the canvas like 0 times............realtalk has anyone seen floyd swell up or get cut before?

Manny generates a lot of power because of the weird angles that he throws from combined with his blazing speed.

Like someone said earlier, Floyd has underrated power though.

I'm not the greatest boxing pro or anything, so I want to ask the diehards....

With Cotto's face looking like mush again, does this "legitimize" the beating Margarito gave him?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

It's nothing against Manny the boxer, or Manny the person, but his blind followers who just praise him who don't know a lick about boxing makes me cringe.

And they're EVERYWHERE.

It's like being a fan of Michael Jordan but not knowing another basketball player in the world.

What the hell is a Kato?
smh.gif
. Trying to tell me he's undefeated, and then try to say well he's undefeated recently.
smh.gif
tired.gif

It's just the fact that so many Manny fans come out of the woodworks every fight he has and try to talk all big, when they don't really know anything outside of Manny. He's an exciting fighter, he's a great fighter, but his fans are the most annoying things in the world.

I've loved Manny since his first fight on HBO I caught way back when, back when the average Filipino didn't even know who the cat was. But past few years it's been unbearable to watch the dude without having Filipino's across the globe yap their mouth about dude and how great he is.

95% of the people who were in this thread will disappear until the next Manny fight, which is
grin.gif
in it's own right.

I never claim to know as much as the rest of the dudes in here like Gunner, Stringer, Huey, or Rob, but I just enjoy the sport, and it's just real sketch to always see these fanboys come in here yap for a week about how great Manny is without knowing anyone else in the sport.
Ah okay, I think I get it. You don't dislike him, you just wish he'd lose so people would stop talking him up so much.

Originally Posted by EdWord

word cause floyds chins made outta glass dudes hit the canvas like 0 times............realtalk has anyone seen floyd swell up or get cut before?

Not that I've ever seen, but that's in large part to his shoulder roll defense and one-punch-at-a-time offense that won't allow him to be wideopen for a flush power shot.

Kinda makes me wonder though, Money won bronze in '96. Where the hell are the guys who won gold and silver?

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Not that I've ever seen, but that's in large part to his shoulder roll defense and one-punch-at-a-time offense that won't allow him to be wide open for a flush power shot.

Kinda makes me wonder though, Money won bronze in '96. Where the hell are the guys who won gold and silver?

Mayweather wasnt in his prime yet, its goin to be an Epic fight......

.....if it goes down.

i wanna see Mayweather catch Manny's weight tho???

lets get Both to meet in the middle

smh at bob arum ...two fighters he rapes.....i mean promotes and 1.1-1.6 million buys......he is caking

Originally Posted by SHUGES

With Cotto's face looking like mush again, does this "legitimize" the beating Margarito gave him?

no

and your going to find it hard to find anyone that is going to give margarito credit for that win

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Not that I've ever seen, but that's in large part to his shoulder roll defense and one-punch-at-a-time offense that won't allow him to be wide open for a flush power shot.

they working for fidel CUBA LIBRE

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Damn...Manny was pretty badly beat up after the fight himself.
yep. thats why Im givin his chin credit *pause*
Pacs defense is very suspect, thats why I have my worries about Pac. but he is an offensive buzz saw.

He took some very sound punches, even admitted he was hurt.
Cotto was just "scared" to capitalize. to me, that shows Cotto needs to hang em up. if youre too scared of takin punches when theres opportunity toland and give out punishment, its time to hang em up

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/columns/story?columnist=rafael_dan&id=4656198

I hate Brian Kenny.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Cotto was just "scared" to capitalize. to me, that shows Cotto needs to hang em up. if youre too scared of takin punches when theres opportunity to land and give out punishment, its time to hang em up
Exactly Gunna.

That the most disheartening thing I saw from Cotto last night but like you said Pac Mans offense is potent and would have any boxer second guessing.

Still MAC has lost something in the last 2 years.

It's nothing against Manny the boxer, or Manny the person, but his blind followers who just praise him who don't know a lick about boxing makes me cringe.

And they're EVERYWHERE.

What the hell is a Kato?
smh.gif
smh.gif
tired.gif

It's just the fact that so many Manny fans come out of the woodworks every fight he has and try to talk all big, when they don't really know anything outside of Manny. He's an exciting fighter, he's a great fighter, but his fans are the most annoying things in the world.

I've loved Manny since his first fight on HBO I caught way back when, back when the average Filipino didn't even know who the cat was. But past few years it's been unbearable to watch the dude without having Filipino's across the globe yap their mouth about dude and how great he is.

grin.gif
in it's own right.

I never claim to know as much as the rest of the dudes in here like Gunner, Stringer, Huey, or Rob, but I just enjoy the sport, and it's just real sketch to always see these fanboys come in here yap for a week about how great Manny is without knowing anyone else in the sport.
I understand where u coming from, especially the fact that there are some fans that are ignorant to the sport of boxing aside from Pac, but yougotta understand where filipinos are coming from as well. We ain't got NOBODY we could look up to. He's the Fighting Pride of the Philippines. Wedon't have a plethora of international superstars, celebrities, athletes, from the Philippines that have made a global impact. We're just proud of himand proud that he is representing our country....that's all.

if mayweather and Manny fight it wont be at any catch weight. if roach and pacman team try to throw a catch weight out there the fight is never going tohappen. floyd and his team ant dumb to fall for that

Originally Posted by SHUGES

if you looked at mac's face, the ame exact spots that he had against margs re appeared last night.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

if mayweather and Manny fight it wont be at any catch weight. if roach and pacman team try to throw a catch weight out there the fight is never going to happen. floyd and his team ant dumb to fall for that
and thats why Manny is a better P4P fighter than Mayweather,

IMO MM's camp is goin to duck anything roach throws out there

so why should PBF kill himself to make 145? he cant make it so dont even waste time doing it

mayweather is also a big money maker so it ant like arum and roach can force him to make 145 like they did cotto

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

And they're EVERYWHERE.

What the hell is a Kato?
smh.gif
smh.gif
tired.gif

grin.gif
in it's own right.

I understand where u coming from, especially the fact that there are some fans that are ignorant to the sport of boxing aside from Pac, but you gotta understand where filipinos are coming from as well. We ain't got NOBODY we could look up to. He's the Fighting Pride of the Philippines. We don't have a plethora of international superstars, celebrities, athletes, from the Philippines that have made a global impact. We're just proud of him and proud that he is representing our country....that's all.

this. Yeah there are Manny fans who are to excessive. but in reality... a Pacman fight is the only event where we can be proud to be filipino. As sad as itsounds, it's the truth. I actually don't want to see Cotto hang em up. I've always liked him as a boxer. Dude looked real focused coming into thefight too... even after the first round.

Back
Top Bottom