09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Trust me, Miguel came out strong. I was in a house full of Pacquaio fans and trust me people were getting a little tight early on in the fight.

The knockdowns killed Miguel on the scorecard.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Trust me, Miguel came out strong. I was in a house full of Pacquaio fans and trust me people were getting a little tight early on in the fight.

The knockdowns killed Miguel on the scorecard.
i wanted manny to win... but im the only one that yelled ouch when cotto hit manny with some good punches.... cotto just got out boxed period....from training, to executing...

Cotto even said it best, he couldn't see where those punches were coming. I'm guessing their strategy was to jab jab jab and then find an opening.Pacquiao read it, and disected Miguel's gameplan. Can't see it no other way.

If Cotto decided to stick to that gameplan, without adjusting to more of a defensive mode later in the fight, Manny would've KO'd him, maybe beenworse.Definitely wouldn't see it going twelve rounds...

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

anyone know their weights during fight day? do you think those 2 extra lbs affected Cotto?

gamay kag otin
laugh.gif
bisaya diay ka bai?
oo.....abe nimo way makabalo sa imong SN ha?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Cotto even said it best, he couldn't see where those punches were coming. I'm guessing their strategy was to jab jab jab and then find an opening. Pacquiao read it, and disected Miguel's gameplan. Can't see it no other way.

If Cotto decided to stick to that gameplan, without adjusting to more of a defensive mode later in the fight, Manny would've KO'd him, maybe beenworse. Definitely wouldn't see it going twelve rounds...

Actually, Pacquaio didn't disect it...Freddie Roach did

which is what I've been saying since I got on NT

Miguel's corner failed him.

and also you can't say that those jabs wouldn't have lead to maybe a left hook to the body which may changed the direction of the fight.

I don't understand how you can make these claims as if you can predict these alternate outcomes

Well.....Roach never liked Manny getting caught in the ropes, that was all Manny. That second KO. He did a rope a dope and then got him down....

Some of the approaches were thought of by Manny...

laugh.gif
I'm just saying, that second KO helped him further distance Cottoin points......that was all Manny. I'm thinking you give Roach too much credit. He's a fine trainer but he also has a fine boxer alongside.
wink.gif

He has a more than fine boxer to make him look so damn smart.

and there is a reason Freddie Roach is one of the most recognizable trainers in all of boxing.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

He has a more than fine boxer to make him look so damn smart.

and there is a reason Freddie Roach is one of the most recognizable trainers in all of boxing.

roger mayweather>>>>>>

laugh.gif
I'm just saying, that second KO helped him further distance Cotto in points......that was all Manny. I'm thinking you give Roach too much credit. He's a fine trainer but he also has a fine boxer alongside.
wink.gif
haha yah that was all Manny. I remember him doing the same thing in old sparring videos. Trying to do his Clottey impression, i was yelling at theTV duck slip +%%% there...

Yeah we all know how Sr did when he was in Ricky's corner....

lmao go listen to what floyd told hatton after the first round....then go look at what hatton did.....then try not to throw the remote at the tv

also what he did for de la hoya in his prime and chad dawson right now

was it this thread or the other one dude said cotto would beat PBF? either way LOL

floyd is faster and more power then manny it would have been much worse

that fight wasnt on Floyd Sr tho, the game plan floyd SR game ricky was PREFECT now would he have beat manny? who knows but he wouldnt have got his %+% knockthe %*$% out in the 2nd round if he just listen to SR

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

was it this thread or the other one dude said cotto would beat PBF? either way LOL

floyd is faster and more power then manny it would have been much worse
??

manny takes that category easily, Mayweather wears out his opponent and gets the decision.

Manny just proved his chin is welterweight worthy already, and is getting reviews bout bein in the top

all time. Once Mayweather gets KO'd his name is gonna be dust in the wind and back to retirement

or a fight with another fading star

I disagree. I think that if Hatton sticked to the original plan, his face would've looked like Cotto's.

where did all those mayweather fans in the pac/cotto thread come from?
laugh.gif

Eh, didn't really enjoy todays fight with my boy still in a coma with his skull cut open. i was praying they'd stop the fight sooner or santiago would throw in a towel earlier.
smh.gif
Cotto's taken so much punishment during the past couple years.
I read he was upgraded to stable yesterday before the fight.

[h1]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/[/h1]
[h1]The Fabulous Forum[/h1] [h2]The who, what, where, when,
why - and why not - of L.A. sports[/h2]

« Previous Post | The Fabulous Forum Home | Next Post »
[h1]Pacquiao protege upgraded to stable[/h1]
November 14, 2009 | 4:18 pm

Filipino bantamweight boxer Z Gorres, a protege of six-time world champion Manny Pacquiao, was ungraded to stable condition in a Las Vegas hospital hours after being carried from the ring following a unanimous-decision victory over Colombian Juan Melendez at the House of Blues at Mandalay Bay on Friday.

"He's conscious and responding to stimuli," said Keith Kizer of the Nevada State Athletic Commission. "All in all, it's pretty good news."

Gorres was dominating the fight until Melendez caught him with a quick left cross with about 25 seconds left in the 10th and final round. Gorres barely beat the count to get back to his feet and appeared wobbly, struggling to survive the final seconds of the bout, said Kizer.

"He held on the last 10 seconds but his eyes were gone," said a photographer who was ringside. "He was gone."

After celebrating his victory by circling the ring with a Philippine flag, Gorres returned to his corner and tried to climb through the ropes to leave the ring. But he became dizzy and couldn't lift his legs and ringside doctors immediately raced to the boxer's aid. Gorres was given oxygen and carried from the ring on a stretcher, but Kizer said he never lost consciousness before being rushed to the trauma unit at University Medical Center.
http://
Gorres underwent surgery to relieve severe swelling to the left side of his head. Initial reports said doctors intended to keep the boxer in a medically induced coma for a few days, but Kizer indicated Gorres has responded to treatment much better than anticipated. Kizer credited the quick work of the ringside doctors and emergency medical personnel, who were under the direction of Bill Berliner.

"They got him out of there as quick as they could," Kizer said. "It was the best [effort] I've ever seen."

Gorres (31-2-1) is part of the Pacquiao stable training out of the Wild Card Gym in Hollywood. He began boxing at the age of 9 and was thought to be in line for a shot at the world bantamweight title. Kizer said it's too early to say if he'll make a complete recovery.

"We'll have to wait and see," he said. "It's a dangerous sport, getting hit in the head."

-- Kevin Baxter

Wow

I really thought cotto would win this fight. I was one of the people that predicted he would win it. I was wrong though. Manny is really on another level.Seeing cotto struggle today against pacman made me wonder if even Floyd can beat the little man. No one on this planet has better defense than Floyd, whilemanny is all offense. I still don't think pacman's chin was really tested since cotto was running for more than half the fight. I'm going to watchthe fight again when I get a chance. But I gotta say, manny really gained respect from me. Dude is a warrior.

I'm going to say this too. Cotto really hasn't been the same ever since he fired his old trainer and after the Margarito fight. Or maybe just a stringof bad luck. I hope he rebounds after this disappointing loss.

Back
Top Bottom