09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

I don't want to sound like a homer because the pac man did what he was supposed and he deserves full credit for his performance. I just can't explainwhat Cotto's corner was doing during that fight, and I don't think Miguel should fight outside of the Garden. The better fighter won last night butVegas is his house of horrors and he's had most of his greatest success at MSG. I don't think he's washed up at 147, he just needs to make somemajor changes.

pacquiao is a beast! a fight against mayweather would be epic
pimp.gif

bakedFresh707 wrote:
manny takes that category easily, Mayweather wears out his opponent and gets the decision.

Manny just proved his chin is welterweight worthy already, and is getting reviews bout bein in the top

all time
. Once Mayweather gets KO'd his name is gonna be dust in the wind and back to retirement

or a fight with another fading star

Props to Manny. I was WAY off with my predict. I have to ask, Are you saying people are putting Manny amongst the great welters of all timealready or just his chin? Either way I disagree 'cause the sample size is TOO small. Three fights between junior welter and welter combined and he getselevated to that status?

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Those two undercard fights going the distance and the main event going the distance KILLED my night

smh.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ Bob Arum for putting together one of the worst(possibly the worst) undercards I have ever seen.

Also, Manny would have to beat PBF to even be considered a great welter. Don't get it twisted he's a special fighter maybe even great but Floyd'sstill the class of that division.

He has the size, length, speed, reflexes and smarts to handle Manny. A deadly jab/left hook and straight right that can give lefty's fits. Floyd also hasunderrated power.

Originally Posted by 1stand15th

bakedFresh707 wrote:
manny takes that category easily, Mayweather wears out his opponent and gets the decision.

Manny just proved his chin is welterweight worthy already, and is getting reviews bout bein in the top

all time
. Once Mayweather gets KO'd his name is gonna be dust in the wind and back to retirement

Props to Manny. I was WAY off with my predict. I have to ask, Are you saying people are putting Manny amongst the great welters of all time already or just his chin? Either way I disagree 'cause the sample size is TOO small. Three fights between junior welter and welter combined and he gets elevated to that status?

Never mind welter, i think people are starting to think he's one of the best fighters ever..

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

my die hard boxing heads in here

WHAT THE $##% HAPPENED?

like im watching the whole fight and still trying to figure out what the $##% cotto was doing

all credit to manny even tho i hate his bum @%*

but something was just off about cotto,

My EXACT thoughts man....

I was sitting there last night....and I couldn't believe it. Damn it MAC.....lost a bill and had to run down my street naked.
roll.gif

I will not deny it...Pac is an all-time great. But I still hate the Fanboys and the hype.

I think Cotto just did not know where the shots were coming from....and it took his courage away. He just didn't know what to do....He was getting shot inthe dark.

How about Cotto moving up to 154?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

WHAT THE $##% HAPPENED?

like im watching the whole fight and still trying to figure out what the $##% cotto was doing

I was sitting there last night....and I couldn't believe it. Damn it MAC.....lost a bill and had to run down my street naked.
roll.gif

I will not deny it...Pac is an all-time great. But I still hate the Fanboys and the hype.

I think Cotto just did not know where the shots were coming from....and it took his courage away. He just didn't know what to do....He was getting shot in the dark.

nerd.gif

yeah he would demolish kirkland and paul williams....................at the same time

Pacquiao - Mayweather just sounds good
pimp.gif

Tremendous fight by Pacman. I was one of those that predicted MAC would wear him out but this little Pinoy is a whirlwind. One of the most unique talents Ihave ever seen in boxing.

Cotto looks shot. This is not the same dynamic boxing/puncher that I watched come up through the ranks. He is overly mechanical and is looking like almostwants to lose. I can't count the amount of times he just walked up to Manny and just stood there, throwing nothing and waiting to get hit. No angles, hissignature body attack was no where to be found, only one 1 round with a real jab output and he only started bouncing on his toes after gettingdestroyed...Miguel has to seriously think about his future in this sport. He can't take another bout like this.

But now that the formalities are out of the way.....

riyple.jpg

Lets get it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

WHAT THE $##% HAPPENED?

roll.gif

I think Cotto just did not know where the shots were coming from....and it took his courage away. He just didn't know what to do....He was getting shot in the dark.

nerd.gif
Dude hasn't looked the same since he got knocked around by Mr. Plaster.

And if Money - Pac ever happens, going to go balls to the wall for Mayweather, it's Manny's best shot at losing anytime soon, and I want May todethrone this clown.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

WHAT THE $##% HAPPENED?

roll.gif

nerd.gif

And if Money - Pac ever happens, going to go balls to the wall for Mayweather, it's Manny's best shot at losing anytime soon, and I want May to dethrone this clown.
smh.gif
how is manny a clown and what exactly do you hate about him?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

WHAT THE $##% HAPPENED?

roll.gif

nerd.gif

And if Money - Pac ever happens, going to go balls to the wall for Mayweather, it's Manny's best shot at losing anytime soon, and I want May to dethrone this clown.
smh.gif

This isn't just aimed at you Japan, but to all Mayweather fans. What exactly is it about Pac that you guys hate? I mean, if it's his fanboys then Ithink that's just plain dumb because fans don't make the fighter's personality. I think I can speak for a majority of the folks who hateMayweather when I say I don't like the guy because of his attitude. I know there are a lot of heads in here saying that undefeated records don't meananything but when it comes to comparing Pac and Money the "0" next to May's name comes up at least 65-70% of the time. And that's what Moneytries to get everyone watching his interviews to focus on.

This Manny Pacquiao is something else.. dude was all smiles from 24/7 to the weigh-in and even at his entrance.. its almost like he knew he's gonna win thefight..

I just woke up from a long %!# night... That pacman is a pretty damn good fighter...

The Rocky music got me hyped before the fight
pimp.gif

After that first round I was shook, Cotto had the right plan, but Manny's speed is just too damn fast... Manny's chin and strength are what impressedme the most. Every time he was against the ropes I thought Cotto would murder him, but he withstood all those hits.

I've been a fan of Cotto and I've never seen him get punished like that (aside from plastergate). Props go out to him for being a class act outthere... He landed some good shots on Manny and he gave him one of those @+%%!+ up wrestling ears. I have no idea why his trainer didn't stop the fightafter Cotto said it was a wrap.. I don't understand why some of you dudes are arguing about the stoppage in the last round... Cotto was done and there wasno reason of him getting seriously injured. Hopefully he recovers cause I know he still has some fight left in him...

smh.gif
x
laugh.gif
at all my homies talking about how Cotto was gonna woop that %!#, then when the fight is over all I get is... "Mayweather gonna woop that %!#"... I know Pacquiao stans are terrible, but some of ya'll Moneyfans are just as bad.

7 titles, history in the making
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by 1stand15th

bakedFresh707 wrote:

all time

Props to Manny. I was WAY off with my predict. I have to ask, Are you saying people are putting Manny amongst the great welters of all time already or just his chin? Either way I disagree 'cause the sample size is TOO small. Three fights between junior welter and welter combined and he gets elevated to that status?
Never mind welter, i think people are starting to think he's one of the best fighters ever..

hes obviously not among top 10, he belongs in 10-20 category like Sugar said.

if you watch the fight Manny takes a bunch of shots in the early rounds and shrugs it off like its

nuthin, he was testing cotto's power And throughout the fight he decided not even to block his body.

FYI, during the midlle of the fight Pacman's corner was talking to him bout drinking after the game
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

how is manny a clown and what exactly do you hate about him?

I wouldn't call him a clown...or a fraud but the whole 7 titles in 7 weight classes is liightweight misleading.

He DID NOT WIN a major belt (WBO, WBC, IBF, WBA) when he beat Barrea in '03 or Hatton. He won Lineal Titles.

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

I just woke up from a long %!# night... That pacman is a pretty damn good fighter...

The Rocky music got me hyped before the fight
pimp.gif

After that first round I was shook, Cotto had the right plan, but Manny's speed is just too damn fast... Manny's chin and strength are what impressed me the most. Every time he was against the ropes I thought Cotto would murder him, but he withstood all those hits.

I've been a fan of Cotto and I've never seen him get punished like that (aside from plastergate). Props go out to him for being a class act out there... He landed some good shots on Manny and he gave him one of those @+%%!+ up wrestling ears. I have no idea why his trainer didn't stop the fight after Cotto said it was a wrap.. I don't understand why some of you dudes are arguing about the stoppage in the last round... Cotto was done and there was no reason of him getting seriously injured. Hopefully he recovers cause I know he still has some fight left in him...

smh.gif
x
laugh.gif
at all my homies talking about how Cotto was gonna woop that %!# , then when the fight is over all I get is... "Mayweather gonna woop that %!#"... I know Pacquiao stans are terrible, but some of ya'll Money fans are just as bad.

7 titles, history in the making
pimp.gif
im jus sayin tho

Back
Top Bottom