09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

i have been calling dude a fraud bum since day 1 and he is only proven me right. how the hell did u even slip a pice like that in the wrap with out gettingcaught right away?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

i have been calling dude a fraud bum since day 1 and he is only proven me right. how the hell did u even slip a pice like that in the wrap with out getting caught right away?

It could be a few things like previous trainers of opponents didn't inspect the wraps closely or maybe it was well hidden in previous fights or maybe itjust that Nazim has a good eye or maybe he might have suspected something of this sort and went in specifically looking for some kind of substance in the wraps(co-worker tossed this theory at me today didn't think of it that way before)...not condemning Margarito as yet I want to hear what the Commission has tosay...but if it turns out all of this is true then every single one of his previous fights were all for nothing in my eyes.

Man, that makes me wonder about the Cotto fight
smh.gif

That's what I'm sayin....

[h2]Margarito, trainer await results of tests[/h2]
Comment http://sendtofriend.espn....67817&title=Margarito\'s%20license%20suspended%20amid%20wrap%20probe&id=3867817','sendtofriend','noresizable,noscrollbars,width=400,height=500');return false;">Email Print
By Dan Rafael
ESPN.com
Archive

Former welterweight titleholder Antonio Margarito and his trainer, Javier Capetillo, had their licenses temporarily suspended by the California State Athletic Commission on Wednesday pending the outcome of an investigation into the "plaster-like substance" found on Margarito's hand wraps before his fight last Saturday night against Shane Mosley.

box_g_margarito_65.jpg

Margarito
"The temporary suspension will remain in effect until CSAC has fully investigated the circumstances surrounding events at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Jan. 24, 2009," commission chairman Tim Noonan said in a statement. "A foreign substance was found by California State Athletic Commission staff in the hand wraps of Antonio Margarito before his bout against Shane Mosley at Staples Center in Los Angeles. The substance found in Margarito's hand wraps is currently being analyzed by the California Department of Justice. An investigation as to whether either licensee violated CSAC rules is ongoing."
Noonan said Margarito and Capetillo have been asked to appear at an initial hearing on Feb. 10.

About a half hour before the fight, which Mosley won by dominant ninth-round TKO to regain the welterweight championship, his trainer, Naazim Richardson, objected to the way Margarito's hands were wrapped.

When the wraps were cut off to be rewrapped, officials found what was deemed a "plaster-like substance" in the wraps. Two pieces of gauze, one in each glove, allegedly had the substance on them.

"From what I know, there was a plaster of Paris-like substance in Margarito's wraps and the commission has these wraps under seal and is investigating what kind of substance it is," Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, who promotes Mosley, told ESPN.com. "I'm happy to see the commission realized how serious the issue is and is acting swiftly. We'll see what the outcome will be of the situation."

"Commission staff will have no further comment until such time as the commission makes a final determination of whether licensee actions in this case warrant fines, suspensions, or the revocation of licenses," Noonan said.

Past opponents of Margarito are watching the outcome of the commission investigation with interest. Attorney Pat English, who represents former Kermit Cintron promoter Main Events and Vinny Scolpino, the manager of Joshua Clottey, sent a letter to the commission on Tuesday to alert the panel of their interest.

"We have seen many allegations in this sport and will form no conclusions until the wraps are tested," English wrote. "However, if they test positive for an illegal substance a logical question will be whether the illegal substance was used in other bouts, and we will ask the commissions of the other states where Margarito fought to make appropriate inquiries."

English asked the commission to forward any test results related to the case.

Margarito has twice knocked out Cintron in welterweight title fights when he was promoted by Main Events, the only two losses of his career. The most recent time came in April 2008 in Atlantic City, N.J., two bouts before Margarito faced Mosley.

Margarito retained a title via unanimous decision against Clottey in December 2006, also in Atlantic City. Clottey would go on to later win a world title.

^ How's yours looking where you don't have Fatton in the top 10?

Not saying that' wrong just curious.

Shane, Kelly, JMM, Joe C, B-Hop, Manny, Calderon, Vic D, Cotto, Arthur I'd be putting ahead of him at this point...Vic D is the only maybe on the list...

Id probably switch out hatton and Caballero for Vic and Paul. Give Juan Ma wasnt so young he would crack the top ten but its only a matter of time before hedoes

Originally Posted by mextra45

Id probably switch out hatton and Caballero for Vic and Paul. Give Juan Ma wasnt so young he would crack the top ten but its only a matter of time before he does
How could I forget Caballero? And my boy JML
smh.gif
after the year he had last year he's at least close to cracking the top 10...that would be a great fight JML vs. Caballero to unify.

Originally Posted by Proshares

i have been calling dude a fraud bum since day 1 and he is only proven me right. how the hell did u even slip a pice like that in the wrap with out getting caught right away?

It could be a few things like previous trainers of opponents didn't inspect the wraps closely or maybe it was well hidden in previous fights or maybe it just that Nazim has a good eye or maybe he might have suspected something of this sort and went in specifically looking for some kind of substance in the wraps (co-worker tossed this theory at me today didn't think of it that way before)...not condemning Margarito as yet I want to hear what the Commission has to say...but if it turns out all of this is true then every single one of his previous fights were all for nothing in my eyes.
It's not like he stuffed a huge piece into his wraps. From what I've been hearing, Marg's camp sprinkled the substance throughout thegauze. The stuff was powder first, then throughout rounds it would get wet, then start to dry in the later rounds. The fact that this dude has a history ofdoing most of his damage in the latter rounds is suspect as hell.

A quote from Nazim Richardson about the handwraps:
"Man, I saw that block fall out of them wraps and I wanted to punch Margarito's trainer in the mouth…It was bricked up gauze that had blood stains onit already and they had a piece of plaster over that. Man Perc, you let that @%@% get hard through the course of a fight and you've got trouble. Shanewould have been sitting there like, 'How this motherf@#$er hitting harder in the 8th round and we're both tired?'" stated world-class trainerNaazim Richardson.

Here's the full interview:
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content4224.html

Nazim Richardson seems like one of the last men you want to getangry.

Another gem of a quote:

"....%+%%, a 12 year old can kick your #@% if you let them throw 144 punches a round."

eek.gif
...He went after Teddy Atlas a little bit too. Damn. Cant copy andpaste from that site though.

laugh.gif

Didnt Mike try and "touch" teddy's young daughter tho? I thought I heard that before. If thats the case, I woulda pulled the S&W out onyoungin too, except I woulda shot him
smh.gif

However, Atlas felt D'Amato ought to discipline the young Tyson for his frequent bouts of petty thuggery and clashes with police. He finally took matters into his his own hands after Tyson had groped Atlas's 11 year old niece by the buttocks. Atlas angrily confronted Tyson and reportedly held a gun to his head.
D'Amato again refused to discipline Tyson and sacked Atlas

However, Atlas felt D'Amato ought to discipline the young Tyson for his frequent bouts of petty thuggery and clashes with police. He finally took matters into his his own hands after Tyson had groped Atlas's 11 year old niece by the buttocks. Atlas angrily confronted Tyson and reportedly held a gun to his head.

laugh.gif

I remember that scene from the Tyson movie that came out on HBO in like '96.

D'Amato was like, let's take Tyson out of school in the 10th grade cuz it's getting in the way of boxing
roll.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif

Didnt Mike try and "touch" teddy's young daughter tho? I thought I heard that before. If thats the case, I woulda pulled the S&W out on youngin too, except I woulda shot him
smh.gif

That show Behind The Lines I think it was that was on Fox Sports I remember that...Teddy looked scary as hell when he was talking about it too...wasn'teven scared to say he put the gun to his head and said "never look at my daughter again" something to that nature.

Yáll should check out Teddy's book

Great read imo

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Great read imo

I was at Barnes & Noble about a month ago and am kicking myself for not picking that up. I'll take your word for it String and pick it up.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Great read imo

I was at Barnes & Noble about a month ago and am kicking myself for not picking that up. I'll take your word for it String and pick it up.

What's the name? Sounds like it'd be a good read regardless.

I can't watch MMA don't know why...I thought this dude Forrest Griffin or w/e his name is was nice until he got his food eaten.

Back
Top Bottom