09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Dude eatin uppercuts like skittles
smh.gif
wow
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Vic did exactly what he said he'd do. He punished Jorge.

thank god good job doc.

was no need to let this beat down to go on dude was holding on for dear life in the 11th

09 has started off great , on a side not Yall se Alfredo Angulo next to Chad in that Draft Day suit lol

laugh.gif
Vic poppin #$@% to Nonito

"He Vill destroy you. You beat him 1st"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

sick.gif
don't start with the excuses Arce
!%%+ outta here!

Glad that cut was just far enough on the side of his eyebrow that it didn't interfere with his eyesight, this is turning into a very good pre-main event.

Vicious win, good fight. dude's nose took a beating, the blood coming out of his nose seemed way thick.

Arce took a HELL of a beating. Glad to see someone can take Vic's punches, too bad he couldn't get anything together.

I'd rather see Marquez/Vasquez again than see Vic fight either of them.

Arce got hella heart and can take some punishment... but man, throw a jab once in awhile.. I was hoping he'd attack Vic's body. Vic, greatperformance.. good lateral movement from Vic too. BUT.. Give my boy a re-match so he can get paid!

[h1]Promoter Shaw says he'll block rematch between Donaire and Darchinyan[/h1]
Add a Comment

February 8, 3:05 PM

by Colin Seymour, SF Boxing Examiner

« Previous
When promoter Gary Shaw came right out and said Saturday on Showtime that there's no way he'll let Vic Darchinyan fight Nonito Donaire Jr., he was only repeating information you might have learned right here on examiner.com. last week.

Darchinyan (32-1, 26 knockouts), coming off Saturday's 11-round whipping of super flyweight challenger Jorge Arce, would like nothing better than to fight Donaire (20-1, 13 knockouts), whose 2007 knockout of Darchinyan is the definitive flyweight division bout of recent years. But Donaire, largely inactive after that fight, dumped Shaw as his promoter last fall in favor of Bob Arum and Top Rank.

Donaire's manager, Cameron Dunkin, wised me up last week about Shaw's attitude toward the prospects for a Darchinyan-Donaire rematch. I was writing about Donaire's lack of TV exposure, notably for his March 14 IBF flyweight title defense against unbeaten Texan Raul Martinez in the Philippines, but I did link to Shaw saying "you don't reward disloyalty," much as he said on camera Saturday.

To be fair, I was offered an opportunity to talk with Shaw last Monday, but I didn't want this controversy to open my relationship with him. That's unavoidable now.

As it's night time in the Philippines as I post, it may be a while before I get the response I just requested from Donaire. In the meantime, check out last week's post.
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Update on Jorge Arce
Posted by Ramon Aranda on 02.08.2009

The former champ released from the hospital.

According to Lee Samuels of Top Rank, Jorge Arce was taken to a local hospital for observation then released. Arce added that he's just experiencing the usual "aches and pains from a fight" but seems to be ok.

Earlier today, Arce talked about plans to head to Miami to get on a cruise ship before leaving to the Carribean. "First stop is Puerto Rico where I hope to see my good friends Miguel Cotto and Ivan Calderon," said Arce.

In regards to the fight, Arce said, "I really wanted to go all 12 rounds." He plans on continuing with his career "at least one more time."

Back
Top Bottom