09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

guys... what did Vic say during his post-fight interview? Here in PI we got the Top Rank announcers (mario lopez, allan massengale) so we didn't get tohear the Showtime interview.

^
Vic just commented on how he thought that Arce was tough. He thought he woulda dropped him in the earlier rounds.

He was asked if he'd like to fight Donaire again, he said "anytime, anyplace". Then Gary Shaw interrupted and said "nope, ain'thappenin".

That's about all I remember.

thanks Eagle On.. yeah, i know Vic been wanting his re-match with Jun.. Gary Shaw blocked this because of how Jun left him for Top Rank.

If you dont like Nate Campbell, you're an a-hole plain and simple.

Decent fights this weekend, was hoping for a little more back and forth action (nh) in the Vic v. Arce fight.

Great vid.
pimp.gif
Nate
pimp.gif

Yea Shannon
This weekend should be better action.

pimp.gif

Did u get to see Demarco whup kid diamond?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Great vid.
pimp.gif
Nate
pimp.gif

Yea Shannon

pimp.gif

Demarco is ok I just don't think he is aggresive enough.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Yea Shannon

pimp.gif

Going to be out of town this weekend, but got the DVR all set up so I can enjoy these fights when I get back. Not going to have internet accessso hopefully I wont be able to find out who won.

I liked what I saw out of Demarco. Re-watched the fight and he looked a little timid out of the gate, but once he settled in, he was a pretty damn accuratepuncher and just started strafing Kid Diamond. For such a young dude, he looked pretty good against a veteran like Kid Diamond.

i love Nate
pimp.gif
Been watching him since the beginning of his career..used to wear a Jaguar's jersey to the ring back in the day.

DeMarco just needs to add some pop in his punches. Other than that, he's got pretty good potential.. southpaw, calm in the ring, throws combos

That's a great card to go and watch, hopefully it works out for you. I have to gone to a couple of fights with a chick, and it wasnt that bad, theyactually got into it and getting a piece afterwards didn't hurt.

February 14
At Sunrise, Fla. (HBO):
Nate Campbell vs. Ali Funeka, 12 rounds, for Campbell's IBF/WBO/WBA lightweight title; Sergio Martinez vs. Kermit Cintron, 12 rounds, for Martinez's WBC interim junior middleweight title; Alfredo Angulo vs. TBA, 10 rounds, junior middleweights; Ray Austin vs. Alex Gonzalez, 10 rounds, heavyweights; Bermane Stivern vs. Carl Davis, 8 rounds, heavyweights; Francisco Palacios vs. Lawrence Chapman, 11 rounds, cruiserweights; Ivan Kirpa vs. TBA, 8 rounds, welterweights; Anges Adjaho vs. Fernando Angulo, 8 rounds, lightweights; John Jackson vs. TBA, 8 rounds, junior lightweights; Angelo Santana vs. Jean Petit Homme, 4 rounds, lightweights; Anthony Dirrell vs. Julio Jean, 6 rounds, super middleweights; Gary Russell Jr. vs. John Wampash, 4 rounds, featherweights

%+$ god damn
eek.gif
smh.gif

and u taken your Main gunna or a sideshow? cause the main should know about boxing already with as much as u watch it
laugh.gif
sideshow u may end up pulling a chris brown in the car
laugh.gif

Looks like only 8 or 9 people were going back and forth during the fight
laugh.gif

I was busy boycotting NT before the LeBron/Kobe game.

Vic D, great fight but Arce showed a lot of guts and heart they stopped it at a perfect time. He needs to fight Nonito again I think it'd be a greatrematch but with a different outcome. As much as I like Vic, he's not beating Agbeko at 118 and he's def not beating Vasquez or Marquez at 122 even ifit is after they have a potential 4th fight, I just don't see it. Demarco looked good...Chagaev...w/e I'm done with these crummy WBA/WBO mandatoryheavyweight fights...if he fights Valuev I hope the building collapses...Omar Navarez (great fighter) defended his belt for the 15th straight time...thisweekend is going to be a great weekend for boxing...gotta flip channels between HBO and TNT
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Chris Brown, son I still dont know that whole story, I gotta read that thread in general

Its valentine Bruh, aint no sideshow broads gonna be anywhere in my vicinity.
laugh.gif

I'll be with the Ex
indifferent.gif
but we cool still.

Anthony Dirrell on that card too.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
word on the street is that Rihanna suffered a beatdown similar to Arce and Margarito.

According to TMZ.com, unnamed law enforcement sources said Rihanna's contusions "look like an MMA [Mixed Martial Arts] fighter or something … [It] looked like she was growing devil's horns." The photos also reportedly show Rihanna with a split lip and a bloody nose.

eek.gif

look like an MMA [Mixed Martial Arts] fighter or something … [It] looked like she was growing devil's horns."

Does anyone have the Martin Lawrence Pic when he got lumped up by Tommy Hearns ?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

laugh.gif
word on the street is that Rihanna suffered a beatdown similar to Arce and Margarito.

According to TMZ.com, unnamed law enforcement sources said Rihanna's contusions "look like an MMA [Mixed Martial Arts] fighter or something … [It] looked like she was growing devil's horns." The photos also reportedly show Rihanna with a split lip and a bloody nose.

The glare off her forehead probably set him off
laugh.gif

Margarito Hearing Drama Continues, Cotto Bout Named

02/10/2009. By Mark Vester: boxingscene.com

According to the Los Angeles Times, a big crowd gathered to view Antonio Margarito's hearing before the California State Athletic Commission, whichtakes place to hand out a ruling on the foreign substance that was found in his hand wraps before the January 24 bout with Shane Mosley at the Staples Center.Margarito is represented by well-known attorney Daniel Petrocelli.

Observers were stunned as the state attorney general started off by stating that Margarito should receive "the harshest penalty possible,"including a license revocation, which would leave him on the sidelines for at least one year and would rule out a June 13 rematch with Miguel Cotto in NewYork.

A state inspector said that Margarito was found to have "a suspect bandage wrap inside a knuckle pad" that was to be placed atop both his fists.Inspector Che Guevara testified at the hearing that in three years and 150 hand wraps he had never seen such a pad.

"It was sweat-soaked, thinner and harder in certain areas, not hard as a rock, but firm and hard," Guevara was quoted as saying by the LA Times .He also said the pad had a stain "like old blood" on it. "It was not flexible. It was very firm," Guevara went on to state.

The "foreign substance" on the insert has not been identified, and the results of the "plaster-like" substance won't be known untilmid-March.

State inspector Mike Bray revealed the following from his notes.

"There was a blood stain on the corner of the pad; [it was] moist and dirty looking with a white substance smeared across the pad, like a cast plaster... I can see a substance smeared in the middle of this pad," Bray said, according to the LA Times .

Karen B. Chappelle, the supervising deputy attorney general prosecuting Margarito, attempted to introduce a claim that the pads were worn by Margarito inlast July's TKO victory over Miguel Cotto, but the commission said that point lacked relevance to what happened in the Mosley bout.

Chappelle noted the pads had already been ruled illegal. Inspector Dean Lohuis read the rule that Margarito and his trainer were alleged to have violated:"The use of water or any liquid or material on any part of the hand wrap is strictly prohibited."

Margarito's attorney pointed to chain of custody issues with the pads after they were recovered from Margarito's hands, stating that three people inMosley's dressing room touched the pads. He also had another inspector acknowledge that, "There didn't seem to be foul play on the part ofMargarito. He didn't show me anything to show me he knew what was going on."

More Details as They Develop....

laugh.gif
@ the inspector's name "CheGuevara".

Observers were stunned as the state attorney general started off by stating that Margarito should receive "the harshest penalty possible," including a license revocation
Why would they be stunned? That's exactly what he should get after all is said and done and if he's found in the wrong.

laugh.gif
@ the inspector's name "Che Guevara".
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Observers were stunned as the state attorney general started off by stating that Margarito should receive "the harshest penalty possible," including a license revocation
Why would they be stunned? That's exactly what he should get after all is said and done and if he's found in the wrong.

cause i bet u it was all mexicans out there

Margarito, Capetillo banned for one year

SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA (TICKER) -Former WBA welterweight champion Antonio Margarito and trainer Javier Capetillo had their licenses revoked for one year by the California State Athletic Commission on Tuesday.

The bans stem from Capetillo putting a plaster-like substance under Margarito's hand wraps prior to his bout against Shane Mosley on January 24. The pads, confiscated last week, still are being tested by the commission.

Margarito was pummeled throughout against Mosley, getting beat via ninth-round technical knockout as he lost his WBA welterweight title.

The commission voted 7-0 to revoke both Margarito and Capetillo's licenses.

This shakes alot of things up in the Welterweight division.

Back
Top Bottom