09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

How the %@!# him n his team miscalculated that bad? Dude was 3lbs over jesus christ. He's short stoppin his own money.

At least the fight's still on
Nate gonna lose.
smh.gif

How da %@!# he do this when I got ++!%#! tixets.
indifferent.gif
I don't think it was a miscalc. Dude came back 2 hours later and lost 1/2 a pound. Cintron was over by 1/2 pound on his first try, and madeweight 20 minutes later.

Dude purposely is over the limit? He don't wanna pay them sanctioning fees that bad?

Like how u can't lose 3 lbs in 3 hrs?
He could do two laps n lose 1.5 lbs of straiht water weight
smh.gif

What's ur theory Amo

I don't know. Might be a JLC/Chico situation where he just tried to make 135 for so long that as he aged his body just couldn't handle dropping allthat weight anymore. I haven't seen a good picture so i can't tell how gaunt he is, but maybe Nate just doesn't have any more water weight left tolose.

Another thing is a bad training camp. Dude has had some major distractions recently, with teh bankruptcy and Guzman bailing on the fight and costing him apaycheck. Maybe all that weighed on him and he just didn't train like usual and couldn't get to the weight. Or maybe all that drama caused him to puton a little extra weight before training camp and couldn't get those extra lb's off.

I really don't know, I didn't expect this out of Nate so i don't know what it is. He has no history of this. He doesn't have a very big framewhere he could outgrow teh division. HE's fairly old so his metabolism has been slowed down. He's between 130 and 135 his entire career so its not aJoan Guzman situation where he keeps gaining weight and just happened to gain too much this time. I SERIOUSLY doubt its intentional though, because he hasto pay a fine that may even be more than teh sanctioning fees would have been now.

Damn Nate You messing that money up . But Professor you may have a point he might cant make the weight anymore . Usually Nate is great Pro i dont know whats up

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

I don't know. Might be a JLC/Chico situation where he just tried to make 135 for so long that as he aged his body just couldn't handle dropping all that weight anymore. I haven't seen a good picture so i can't tell how gaunt he is, but maybe Nate just doesn't have any more water weight left to lose.

Another thing is a bad training camp. Dude has had some major distractions recently, with teh bankruptcy and Guzman bailing on the fight and costing him a paycheck. Maybe all that weighed on him and he just didn't train like usual and couldn't get to the weight. Or maybe all that drama caused him to put on a little extra weight before training camp and couldn't get those extra lb's off.

I really don't know, I didn't expect this out of Nate so i don't know what it is. He has no history of this. He doesn't have a very big frame where he could outgrow teh division. HE's fairly old so his metabolism has been slowed down. He's between 130 and 135 his entire career so its not a Joan Guzman situation where he keeps gaining weight and just happened to gain too much this time. I SERIOUSLY doubt its intentional though, because he has to pay a fine that may even be more than teh sanctioning fees would have been now.
that's what i was thinking. Reminds me when Diego criticized JLC for not making weight.. then Diego himself couldn't make weight when hefought Casa

smh.gif
I'm real disappointed

smh.gif

I still can't believe He came in 3lbs overweight. That meanshim & his camp knew at the start of the week he wouldn't make weight.

at 37 years old, must be hard to get down to 135 after staying there so long. Nate's been at 135 since Pacman was fighting at 122!

Anyway, does Nate still get paid for this? I know he'll most likely get fined... but can he still make money from this fight? I remember when Chicofought Casa... he basically fought for nothing

That was because he also owed a %+@@%@#+ of money that was gonna be collected right away. Chico still got a purse, it was just already to be given to debtcollectors.

Statement from team Campbell:

My better judgement tells me to leave this alone, however Nate and I feel the fans deserve an explanation as to what occurred.

Nate did not "screw up". His weight was on target the entire camp. He came into fight week at 139, which is right where he is supposed to be (actually, he usually begins fight week at 140-141). However, on Wednesday and Thursday, when he typically drops the last 2-3 pounds, it simply wouldnt come off. It certainly wasnt for a lack of effort on Nate's part. He spent almost 4 hours yesterday in the steam room at Bally's, only to lose 1/4 pound. And all day today was spent trying to take off those last 3. At 36 though, his body simply said "thats it".

Nate will never attempt to make 135 again, even though there is still the possibility of getting the Barerra-Khan winner, or Marquez or something. His body just wont do it. After this fight, he is moving to 140, and there will be no future attempts to make 135, because going into a situation like that knowing full well that weight could be a problem would be disrespectful to the fans, the opponent, the promoter, and the network. This isnt like the Guzman situation. Guzman can make 135, and he just did recently. And Nate's biggest gripe with Guzman wasnt that he didnt make weight, it was that he wouldnt still fight over the weight.

Nate feels terrible that this occurred. We knew that going to 140 was inevitable, but he really thought he had 3 or 4 more fights before that move would be necessary. Thats not how it played out though. Mother Nature has her own schedule, and she doesnt really care what your own plans are.

But the fight is still on, and then Nate will be campaigning at 140. I know the haters will get a big laugh out of all this, but once Nate starts collecting belts at 140 we will see who's laughing then.

I'm all for supporting Nate... but I don't think he'll dominate 140 though, but I think he can give Hatton a good fight. If he gets by Funeka, Ithink he should fight Ricky. (Regardless of outcome of Pacman fight) I think that should give Nate a pretty good pay day.

Any of you all heard of Hollie Dunaway?

I was just on boxrec and she was on there page

Anyways, she's a female boxer and looks pretty good

86536745.v6Q7fZpQ.jpg

i'm still rootin for nate despite that bs. i'm always for the cagey vets.

and i hope cintron comes out with a good win, but martinez aint no joke.

anyone think that marg's chin might have been cracked enough that cintron's bombs can take him out now?

I think Margarito is in a bad spot. He has ttaken way too much punishment in his last few fights.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets beat bad by any pretty good 147 lber

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I think Margarito is in a bad spot. He has ttaken way too much punishment in his last few fights.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets beat bad by any pretty good 147 lber

And just to add on to that he's relatively young at 30 but he has been fighting professionlly since he was 15 so I don't know how many fights he shouldbe taking from this point on, I like the guy I'd hate to see him mess up his health in the future.

smh.gif
@ Nate that news really came out of left field, I waslooking forward to more fights with him at 135 but 140 isn't bad after Hatton there's still Paulie, Bradley, Holt, Kotelnik, Witter, Urango and Torresso I think he'd be able to make some good fights/paydays in the future.

After a long drunken night I'll be staying in to catch the fight tonight
laugh.gif

I don't think Nate would do well at 140, but hopefully all goes well tonight for Nate.

I am most looking forward to Sergio Martinez tonight i think he will beat Kermit.

I'm not really impressed with Angulo.

Back
Top Bottom