Manny shouldn't have to give him 50-50

Ricky is crazy. His star is fading like a +$**@!*%#%+%

smh.gif

Manny vs Michael Katsidis.....make it happen, screw Hatton
i'm down with Manny vs Katsidis
pimp.gif

damn, everyone wants Manny
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]Berto Wants Manny Pacquiao, Winner Gets Margarito[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Body:[/th] [td]By Rick Reeno

The entire boxing industry has Pac-Man fever. It's no surprise that unbeaten WBC welterweight champion Andre Berto is ready and eager to fight Manny Pacquiao, too. Veteran writer Ron Borges recently conducted an interview with Pacquiao's trainer, Freddie Roach. During the interview, Roach informed Borges that Manny wanted to fight the much bigger Antonio Margarito. Pacquiao, according to Roach, believes that he can beat Margarito by outboxing him.

Promoter Lou DiBella, informs BoxingScene. com that Berto, a smaller but quicker welterweight, is willing to risk his crown. And then the challenge goes a step further with the winner fighting Antonio Margarito. In order for all of this to happen, Berto would have to get past a tough mandatory defense against Luis Collazo on January 17, Pacquiao would have to beat Ricky Hatton on May 2 and Margarito would have to beat Shane Mosley on January 24 and then Miguel Cotto in June [provided he beats Jennings for the the vacant WBO title on 2/21].

Hypothetically speaking, we could end up with three of the four major welterweight titles being unified at the end of all this. If we only lived in a perfect world.

DiBella doesn't believe that Pacquiao is big enough to pose a risk to Margarito. But if Pacquiao has the urge to rise back up to welterweight for someone like Margarito - Berto is waiting there too. Adding to the spice of things, DiBella goes a bit further and says Berto would be willing to meet Pacquiao at an agreed upon weight of 145-pounds.

"We are not looking past Luis Collazo. Collazo is a very tough fight, but Andre would sign to fight Pacquiao tomorrow, provided that Manny beats Hatton in May. Berto would even come down to 145. And the winner can fight Margarito," DiBella said.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Stringer Bell 32 wrote:

The thing is, Hatton will bring a good amount of fans, and has the #'s to back that up. Whether or not his star is fading, he helps fill theseats with a very loyal and willing to travel fanbase

wait.. pacman and margarito?? antonio is so much bigger n stronger : | i'd still love to see pacman vs PBF

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

smh.gif

Manny vs Michael Katsidis.....make it happen, screw Hatton
i'm down with Manny vs Katsidis
pimp.gif

sick.gif

Im sayin, Katsidis is all offense and vs Pitty Pat Diaz he got hurt and basically shut down. Casamayor almost ended his career in the 1st round
laugh.gif
and thenk'o'd him in the 9th
Im willing to bet PacMan hits harder than Diaz Right now. that just screams another De La Pollo matchup for Pacman to me
katsidis Face is a magnet for straight lefts from Southpaws....
sick.gif

he'd prolly would get stopped @ round 7 either TKO or on Cuts.

If negotiations are this bad for Hatton vs. PacMan, I think Pac vs. Mayweather might never happen. Both of em' stubborn as hell
laugh.gif

We'll learn a great deal about Berto on Saturday
"This is by far the toughest guy Berto's fought," DiBella said. "This is the kind of test that, if Berto passes it, then bring on Miguel Cotto next fight, bring on Zab Judah next fight, bring on Shane Mosley if he's not retired by Antonio Margarito. Remember, if HBO hadn't added money to the pot to make Margarito-Mosley happen, we were ready to fight Mosley. We would have taken that fight. Berto's never had a million-dollar payday. This kid wants to be a superstar, and the only way to do that is to beat a big name.

"And if you're handling Manny Pacquiao and you really believe he's King Kong, put him in with Berto. Honestly, if you're handling Pacquiao, we don't think you should. We know that Berto's too physically strong for you."

Could you imagine if this happened?
laugh.gif
Aww man, Gunna vs. PacMan fanboys
roll.gif
roll.gif

Margarito vid - Just shadow boxing and moving around the ring.
Shane is gonna have to put in work if he wants to beat the TJ tornado.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Im sayin, Katsidis is all offense and vs Pitty Pat Diaz he got hurt and basically shut down. Casamayor almost ended his career in the 1st round
laugh.gif
and then k'o'd him in the 9th
Im willing to bet PacMan hits harder than Diaz Right now. that just screams another De La Pollo matchup for Pacman to me
katsidis Face is a magnet for straight lefts from Southpaws....
sick.gif

he'd prolly would get stopped @ round 7 either TKO or on Cuts.

laugh.gif
I wasn't laughing at your opinion I was laughing becausethat's the same face I made...I'm thinking by like the 5th or so it'd be over .

"And if you're handling Manny Pacquiao and you really believe he's King Kong, put him in with Berto. Honestly, if you're handling Pacquiao, we don't think you should. We know that Berto's too physically strong for you."
I can't lie that would be a pretty interesting fight...if Berto survives the weekend that is...
laugh.gif

Could you imagine if this happened?
laugh.gif
Aww man, Gunna vs. PacMan fanboys
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
He's got two names now, he can afford to lose one.

Margarito vid - Just shadow boxing and moving around the ring.
Shane is gonna have to put in work if he wants to beat the TJ tornado.
laugh.gif
"There Will Be Blood Fight Show"

Vid is sick I don't know why but I got a bad feeling about that fight for some reason.

He's got two names now, he can afford to lose one.

laugh.gif
I could only imagine. There will be casualties, on both sides.

I don't know why but I got a bad feeling about that fight for some reason.

I think Margarito will win. However, I do think Shane can pull off an upset. He'll be able to land combo's on Tonio but idk if he can sustain it for 12rds.

Margarito has been sparring with Rashad Holloway and Karim Mayfield to help prepare him for this fight.

As much as i like Katsidis, homie needs to build himself up to Pac. Hopping right in there will get him killed.

And Antonio will take out Shane with not too much trouble. Shane may win the first 3 rounds or so, but he will get worn down. Mayorga was giving Shane trouble,and Mayorga is no Margarito.

The hilarity begins
laugh.gif

"Let's see, I've stopped Cristian Mijares, Victor Burgos and Luis Maldonado," Darchinyan said. "Unlike Jorge Arce, those three fighters were very tough hombres. Defeating Arce won't take much training. It won't even be a fight for me -- more like pest control. I'm going to swat that Spanish fly. How do you take a guy like Arce seriously? He sucks on lollipops and wears a cowboy hat from a toy store. He looks like Woody from the movie 'Toy Story.' I can picture him running around his house on a broom pretending he's riding a horse. When I finally meet him at the press conference, do I say, 'Hola, Jorge' or 'Howdy, Doody?' Arce is going to be my human piñata. Our fight will be like a Chihuahua against a bull, a raging bull."
More stuff:

"This is a disgrace to the sport. Didn't anyone watch the first fight? Do they think anything different will happen the second time around? HBO should have put this fight on a month earlier, so it could have been the St. Valentine's Day Massacre Part 2." -- Former light heavyweight champ Glen Johnson, who lost a tight decision in an action-packed battle to Chad Dawson last spring and wants a rematch, incredulous that HBO bought a March 14 rematch between Dawson and Antonio Tarver after Dawson's lopsided victory on Showtime in October.
Sycuan Ringside Promotions is trying to put together a potentially fiery fight between ex-lightweight belt holder Julio Diaz and all-action brawler Michael Katsidis, Sycuan's Sean Gibbons told ESPN.com. Katsidis (23-2, 20 KOs) is fighting Jan. 31 in the Philippines and would have to win. Gibbons said the fighters are interested and understand the financial parameters of the bout, which could land on ESPN2 in April. Gibbons said he'd also pitch the fight to Versus.

Buddy Jr. lost asked for the Judges to look again at the scorecards

and the 95-95 Judge changed it but in favor of the other guy making his victory a Unanimous Decision. lol
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom